XBOX vs PS4

COCOBYTES

What console are you most excited about?

Comment your opinions

I'll be picking both up and I already own the Wii U (Proud Owner of the Console!). Plus, there are quite a bit of topics covering this exact same topic.

MOBO - Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0   CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.5GHz - Corsair H80i   RAM - 2x Corsair Vengence 4GB DDR3 @ 1666 MHz   

GPU - SAPPHIRE 100362-3L Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC  Sound - ASUS Xonar DSX  PSU - Thermaltake SMART M Series SP-850M 850W

PS4 for exclusives and their improved network infrastructure (hopefully?)

The One showed promise but Microsoft is beginning to sound anti-consumer based off of the articles I've read from credible sources.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

Microsoft, anit-consumer? Nah, couldn't be. :lol:

The PS4 is definitely looking better in all categories at this point. Well, all categories other than TV passthrough, but I don't think that's generally very high on anyone's list when purchasing a gaming console. PS3 was an attractive offer last generation for reasons other than gaming, but that was only because it had a BD player. The One's selling feature, that is cable passthrough, isn't exactly a feature at all. It's just superfluous considering you would already need an HD cable/satellite set-top box that accomplishes the same thing in order to do it in the first place. But I don't know, I suppose near instantaneous switching between TV, movies, games, music and Skype could be a godsend for someone with excruciating ADD.

Case: Fractal Design Define R3 | MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570k @ 4.6GHz | CPU Heatsink: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO | GPU: MSI R9 280X @ 1150/1700  | RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 @ 1600MHz | Sound Card: ASUS Xonar DG | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB (WD1001FALS)

Going from the specs and how they showed them it's pretty easy, the PS4 is more powerfull, maybe by a slight marge but it will outperform the xbox one tough.
Console gamers don't need another tv-box, they need a gamebox. but hey we still have E3 so we'll see..

Main:Corsair Obsidian 650D||Corsair AX1200||Asus Rampage IV-E||Intel I7 3930K@4,8Ghz||16GB Corsair Dominator GT 2133C9||Asus GTX680 DCUIITOP SLI||full costum waterloop||Cosair Force GT 240GB||2x2.5" WD Black 750GB
bench; Dimastech bench||Corsair HX750||Asus Maximus IV Gene||Intel I7 2600K@4,5Ghz||8Gb Corsair Dominator GT 1866C9||Asus GTX660Ti||XSPC costum waterloop||Corsair Force 3 120GB||4x2TB HDD
Laptop: Apple Macbook Pro 15" 2012

Sega Saturn cause it's legit.

To all the threads like this, you can't judge which one is going to be better before they are even out..

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

Sega Saturn cause it's legit.

To all the threads like this, you can't judge which one is going to be better before they are even out..

that's true, guess that's +1 internet points for you sir :p

Main:Corsair Obsidian 650D||Corsair AX1200||Asus Rampage IV-E||Intel I7 3930K@4,8Ghz||16GB Corsair Dominator GT 2133C9||Asus GTX680 DCUIITOP SLI||full costum waterloop||Cosair Force GT 240GB||2x2.5" WD Black 750GB
bench; Dimastech bench||Corsair HX750||Asus Maximus IV Gene||Intel I7 2600K@4,5Ghz||8Gb Corsair Dominator GT 1866C9||Asus GTX660Ti||XSPC costum waterloop||Corsair Force 3 120GB||4x2TB HDD

that's true, guess that's +1 internet points for you sir :p

yea, and considering we don't even know gpu specs of either console. Or what the ps4 looks like, it could weigh 100lbs and be the size of a bathtub

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

yea, and considering we don't even know gpu specs of either console. Or what the ps4 looks like, it could weigh 100lbs and be the size of a bathtub

we know certain specs, both have basicly the same X86 AMD 'Jaguar' APU architecture, it's confirmed that the PS4's APU is a clocked at a higher speed, and uses 8 gb of 'shared' GDDR5 memory for as the xbox one is somewhat lower clocked and uses 8 gigs of DDR3. Altought Microsoft has intented it that way to make the interface work smoother (like skipping easier trough apps and stuff), while Sony has pushed the boundries for more gamingpower less then interfacespeed. Or so it's stated :)

Nevertheless, I'm going to get a PS4 because of the Killzone-francise and other exclusives, the fact that it would be the more powerfull next gen console (for what we know now) is just a + point.

believe xbox one gpu and cpu are bassicly on same chip, i do kindy wonder how good this will work out suspect it might actualy be way slower.

it's an APU 'Accelerated Processing Units' (cpu and gpu on one chip), the PS4 and the Xbox one have the same AMD APU chip; the X86 Jaguar 8-core APU. Tough the PS4 has 8 Gb of GDDR5 and a slightly higher clocked APU then his rival and the Xbox has 8Gb of DDR3 memory. They both operate differently when it comes to software and games. My guess is that the PS4 wil outperform the Xbox when it comes to games because of the higher clocked APU and the GDDR5 ram.

But since nobody has tested the device (people who didn't work on the devices) yet and we only saw some demo's and trailers, we can't now for sure how they compete.

both or none as i dont care about the consoles but for the change in devs minds so they can stepup the gfx lvl in the games and thx to the x86 architecture better pc ports

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS

guess that means their bassicly just the same pretty much

the core specs are indeed simmilar, just the way they perform their tasks are different :)

both or none as i dont care about the consoles but for the change in devs minds so they can stepup the gfx lvl in the games and thx to the x86 architecture better pc ports

Damn right

The Xbox is 12 years old. why would it be better than a next generation console? But seriously, at least the PS4 isn't trying to push some TV box with gaming as an afterthought.

CPU: Intel 3570k (4.3) MOBO: Asrock z77 extreme6 GPU: Gigabyte Windforce HD 7970 RAM: 4x4 Gb Samsung Ultra Low Profile DDR3-1600mhz CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Storage: 250GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD (Boot), 3TB Seagate Barracuda Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (black)  PSU: Corsair TX750M  Peripherals: Rosewill

rk-9000, Gigabyte M8000x, Sennheiser PX 200-II, Asus VS247H-P 23.6" 1080p TN panel

PS4 only if I can get an Xbox style controller. I have never liked the Playstation controller.

PS4 only if I can get an Xbox style controller. I have never liked the Playstation controller.

they brought out converters for the xbox360 and ps3 controllers so i guess that might happen again

I'll try some round mates house before I decide... probably never going to get either though.... :3

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

I'm sure they will come out with a slim a few years later. Probably a bit of a sony fanboy but i genuinely think Sony has a better approach in general when it comes to gaming.

I'll be more excited for whichever one looks to have the better exclusives, I don't care about their graphical capabilities compared to each other since I primarily use pc anyways. 

all the info about the new xbox is just sad - it feels hatful like hey we dont trust you and we need more money)

so far i dont see any bad things about the ps4 ill wait until jun 10 for the reveal

even though i dont play alot of games on my ps3 ill buy a ps4 because i respect them IF they didnt F up

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

If i buy anything, that will be only xbox or ps4 controller, and that only to connect it to PC to play games :P

But we will see... maybe the performance will be comparable to midrange PCs... and there are also other things that i look forward to...

so far i dont see any bad things about the ps4 ill wait until jun 10 for the reveal

that's coz there's nothing known about the PS4 yet lol

Despite their theoretical hardware differences I reckon the end results is going to be so similar. Your hardly going to notice a difference (even more so when you don't have them side by side), especially considering how they're just going to port from one console to the other (or from PC to console) due to the similar architecture.