Good Anti virus software?

King_Gamma

Hey guys the past I have been scanning my parents computer using Avira and found several virus detections.

I was wondering after I clean their PC what would be a good Anti Virus for them since they are not as tech savvy. I heard that Kaspersky and Bitdefender are good.

What would you suggest?

Thanks!

Hey guys the past I have been scanning my parents computer using Avira and found several virus detections.

I was wondering after I clean their PC what would be a good Anti Virus for them since they are not as tech savvy. I heard that Kaspersky and Bitdefender are good.

What would you suggest?

Thanks!

Avast Internet Security + MalwareBytes Pro

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Microsoft defender and a brain

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

Malwarebytes does a good job of detecting threats and gwtting rid of them plus it's free so why not?

Life.exe is missing

Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 (heavy client) or Avast Internet Security 2014 (light client)

CPU: Intel Core I74790k

In my experience in years with malware crypter guys and malware forums i can say for sure that Avira is the best! Because it's the hardest to bypass (others can argue with it but thats how it is), so if your parents are not so techy you can use DeepFreze + Disable autorun if its XP and make a shortcut of drive :D to desktop or whatever drive you'r saving your documents.

.. and my name is spelled f n i ((xh) like G) a

Microsoft defender and a brain

+1

don't be scammed like others and buy bloatware that does little and slows done your pc

Gaming Rig:CPU: Xeon E3-1230 v2¦RAM: 16GB DDR3 Balistix 1600Mhz¦MB: MSI Z77A-G43¦HDD: 480GB SSD, 3.5TB HDDs¦GPU: AMD Radeon VII¦PSU: FSP 700W¦Case: Carbide 300R

common sense 

I've always used AVG and have never had any problems.

With Windows 8.1, Windows Defender is now Microsoft Security Essentials, and it's plenty good and built in. If they don't have Windows 8.1, you can just download Security Essentials for free. No need for paid software. My company uses Security Essentials, so if they trust it enough to protect their entire, global company, it should be good enough for you.

Workstation: i7-4930k | Asus Rampage IV Gene | Reference GTX 780 | 32GB Crucial Ballistix | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO | Corsair RM650 | MidNight Black BitFenix Prodigy M

Old Rigi5-2500k @ 4.7 GHz | Asus P8P67 Deluxe | EVGA GTX 560 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | 240 GB Samsung 830 Pro | 1TB Hitachi | CoolerMaster Storm Scout (1)