How do the Audio Technica ATH-AG1 sound compared to Sennheiser HD 558?

Wehrmacht

I have the 558 right now but I game often and I don't want a desktop mic and the modmic base keeps falling off(likely something i'm doing wrong) also not a fan of the extra wire. As it stands I love my 558's and don't want to buy the AG1 if it sounds worse.

Seen this:

?

That's not a comparison to the 558

No but you get a nice explanation around 5 minutes into the video of how they sound, which you can use to compare to your 558's... You can't really expect anyone to have owned both headphones at the same time, given that the ATH's are quite new. Not even owned them and written down any thoughts about them.

Well, since the AD1 is based of a $100 headphone and it cost $300...its over priced.
If you want a headset, something like the HyperX Cloud is a solid option. 

Woops replied to the wrong thing. Ummmm... idk how to delete

EDIT: Mods please delete this. Replied to the wrong comment chain

Ich weiß nicht, ob dein Name und Profilbild so ein tollen Eindruck hinterlassen ^_^ The Audio Techinca are better, somewhat comparable to DT770 or m50x from what I've heard.

EDIT: PC 350 SE will be better I guess, too. Save some money.

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

Well Imma go ahead and say if you grab the Audio Technica it won't be something you will be blown away with. There are better options if you really want to commit that money to audio. Also, you might just have a bad pad but the grills on open headphones are also slightly harder to stick on. Push really hard for a full minute at least and it should stay put. I got one of those and put it on my AKG K612 and it was really hard to take it off. I even put the same one on a different headphone without changing the sticky pad and it doesn't fall off. 

I'm pretty certain someone made a sonic graph comparing the two. Otherwise, see if you can demo the AG1/AD500/AD700/AD900 somewhere. That should be a better comparison for you.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

A900 ya dumb. 

Only difference is the treble spike, but it's not like these are measurements of the X variants or the AG1, so really minute differences don't matter much.

f7b04240db.png

ya dumb

Only difference is the treble spike, but it's not like these are measurements of the X variants or the AG1, so really minute differences don't matter much.

ya dumb

Closed for open, the point should be made.