My first build!(Tell me what you think)

Matt Wakey

it's a good build :) but the SSD is a bit ehh...

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

it's a good build :) but the SSD is a bit ehh...

Get ANYTHING but the V300 from Kingston for the SSD. They changed the controller in it and now it's utter shit.

I'll get a WD Blue 1Tb and upgrade to ssd later then:)

Don't need anywhere near 600W. CX500 is fine. EVGA 500B is also fine.

I'm going to overclock though so I'm not sure

Get an R9 270. 

They're cheaper and perform just as well:

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs

Hello and thank you for the post. I see a few areas where I can make some improvements. 

Here they are:

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/K6Tst6

Changes:

GPU. I belive the $250 price point is the place where you get the best price to performance value. I gave you a gtx 770 that will give you better results in games. If you are just playing casual games the r9 270 is a great choice.  I would not advise spending the extra money on the r9 270x.

SSD: I replaced the kingston drive with a samsung 840 series simply because I prefer samsung and they are generally better received. IF you do not want to spend a little extra on samsung than the kingston would still be an excellent choice.

On a side not I would suggest saving a little longer fora  PC around a $1000 price point if you want a longer lasting PC and you are serious about gaming. If you are a casual gamer who just wants a simple pc that does its jobs consider my suggestions and you should be good. 

Hope this helps and have fun with your build. :)

Edited by Davsmith4

Get an R9 270. 

They're cheaper and perform just as well:

Thanks

Also, I forgot to mention, the Build Logs subforum is solely for completed builds. You should have posted it in the "New Builds and Planning" subforum which is in the same section but don't worry, people make mistakes.

http://linustechtips.com/main/forum/18-new-builds-and-planning/

Here's the other subforum for future reference :)

Hello and thank you for the post. I see a few areas where I can make some improvements. 

Here they are:

Changes:

GPU. I belive the $250 price point is the place where you get the best price to performance value. I gave you a gtx 770 that will give you better results in games. If you are just playing casual games the r9 270 is a great choice.  I would not advise spending the extra money on the r9 270x.

Dude I'm not rich:P

SSD: I replaced the kingston drive with a samsung 840 series simply because I prefer samsung and they are generally better received. IF you do not want to spend a little extra on samsung than the kingston would still be an excellent choice.

On a side not I would suggest saving a little longer fora  PC around a $1000 price point if you want a longer lasting PC and you are serious about gaming. If you are a casual gamer who just wants a simple pc that does its jobs consider my suggestions and you should be good. 

Here they are:

Changes:

Dude I'm not rich:P

Did you mean to type something or is it just not showing up on my end?

Did you mean to type something or is it just not showing up on my end?

I meant to type that I don't have that much money!:P

I think what I've got will do for now, considering this is my first build I will upgrade the gpu in the future, r9 270x will play most games at high settings:)