Laptop cpu change, shutting itself down.

Fahadbeg

Hey. So I changed the processor in my notebook from a intel celeron B820 to Intel i3 2350m. I reapplied the thermal paste (I used arctic silver arctic alumina) and rebooted the computer ( same windows install). I tried ran prime95 cpu test but it shut itself off after 25-30min ( i never got higher than 85C and max temp is 100C) so last night I left it on all night and it shut it self off after a couple of hours. Any suggestions? should I reinstall windows? 

nope, just don't run prime95 and it will be a-ok

Compatible with Windows 95

nope, just don't run prime95 and it will be a-ok

But it shuts itself off after a couple of hours. I was watching a twitch stream and after a 2-3 hours, it just powered off. 

But it shuts itself off after a couple of hours. I was watching a twitch stream and after a 2-3 hours, it just powered off. 

try running Linux on it for a bit

Compatible with Windows 95

It's probably incompatible with the chipset.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

It's probably incompatible with the chipset.

I think it is. I've seen the exact model of laptop that i have sell with i3s and i5s

try running Linux on it for a bit

lets see. I'll download ubuntu now

edit: trying to download Intel Chipset drivers from their website to see if that fixes it first. Will report back in a bit. thanks everyone for their help

Nope that didnt do it. It shut itsself off again. I turned it on this morning at around 11 and its shut it self off about 10 min ago

Nope that didnt do it. It shut itsself off again. I turned it on this morning at around 11 and its shut it self off about 10 min ago

it may be the hard drive. its a 6 year load drive. Im getting a SSD today so ill see if that fixes it but it wasnt happening before i changed the processor. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know

Power Supply? Maybe in those with i3s you have switched power supplies.

Power Supply? Maybe in those with i3s you have switched power supplies.

even if they did both the cpu's consume the same 35 w