Just broke my iPhone, should I buy an android?

Go to solution Solved by TheRetiredSlave,

If your current iphone is completely unusable and you're just looking for a temporary phone, you might as well just grab a cheap android phone like a Moto G (or similar). There's no need to spend the ~$700 on a brand new high-end flagship if you're just going to use it for a month or two.. 

Personally, I use an iphone 5S as my daily driver, though my favorite Android phone is the HTC One M8. The metal body feels extremely good and it feels surprisingly easy to handle despite the larger size, and the speakers are incredible.. In my opinion, going from 1080p to 1440p on a smartphone display isn't as big of a deal as LG is trying to advertise.

As for syncing an Android phone to iTunes, I found this: http://www.talkandroid.com/guides/beginner/how-to-sync-your-itunes-library-to-your-android-device/ I haven't done it, but you may want to look into it.

So I dropped my iPhone today and it is now unusable, I have an older model (iPhone 4s) that I can use until the iPhone 6 comes out or I could buy an android phone. If I bought an android I would use it until late September when the iPhone 6 comes out and then decide if I wanted to buy the 6 and sell the android or just keep the android. I'm pretty invested in the Apple ecosystem and have owned every iPhone since the original one and never used another type of phone, I have several Apple TV's and 2 Macintosh computers. I'd like advice on what you think I should do. Does Airplay work with android devices? What program do I use to backup and sync an android phone? If you think I should buy an android then which one? I was thinking that LG one with the 1440p screen looked cool but Linus uses an HTC so I don't know. Sorry if this is a lot of questions for one post but I appreciate all feedback, I'm having a rough week between my desktop pc exploding and my phone breaking.

Just keep it until the new one comes out, not worth it to have an Android for 2 months lets say (if you decide you didn't want the Android anymore) and waste the money for a phone your only keeping for a few months. Plus your already in the Apple ecosystem, with other Apple products so you mind as well keep it. 

Just get the LG G3 you will like it

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

If your current iphone is completely unusable and you're just looking for a temporary phone, you might as well just grab a cheap android phone like a Moto G (or similar). There's no need to spend the ~$700 on a brand new high-end flagship if you're just going to use it for a month or two.. 

Personally, I use an iphone 5S as my daily driver, though my favorite Android phone is the HTC One M8. The metal body feels extremely good and it feels surprisingly easy to handle despite the larger size, and the speakers are incredible.. In my opinion, going from 1080p to 1440p on a smartphone display isn't as big of a deal as LG is trying to advertise.

As for syncing an Android phone to iTunes, I found this: http://www.talkandroid.com/guides/beginner/how-to-sync-your-itunes-library-to-your-android-device/ I haven't done it, but you may want to look into it.

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

Thank you for your detailed reply, I think I'll just use my 4s until the 6 comes out. The general consensus seems to be that I should and I guess it's good to save the money.

Exactly how unusable is the phone?  What parts don't work anymore?

Exactly how unusable is the phone?  What parts don't work anymore?

Usually an iPhone that's been dropped and is unusable = broke digitizer and touch doesn't work anymore and/or lcd broke

"Rawr XD"

Usually an iPhone that's been dropped and is unusable = broke digitizer and touch doesn't work anymore and/or lcd broke

I understand that would be one of the most common results, but the OP did not specify.  A damaged front panel is not the end of the world though, Apple could repair it, he could take it to a shop to have the screen replaced, or buy a replacement screen and do the repair himself.  However, if the damage extended beyond the display, then I would say that the phone might truly be unusable; which is why I am questioning the extent of the damage. 

I understand that would be one of the most common results, but the OP did not specify.  A damaged front panel is not the end of the world though, Apple could repair it, he could take it to a shop to have the screen replaced, or buy a replacement screen and do the repair himself.  However, if the damage extended beyond the display, then I would say that the phone might truly be unusable; which is why I am questioning the extent of the damage. 

He's using this opportunity to upgrade anyways. 

"Rawr XD"