Reference cooler doubts

Hi

In my upcoming build, I plan on using a superclocked GTX 780 from EVGA with the reference cooler.

After watching the new NCIX video about the R9 290X Coolers i'm starting to doubt my decision.

Here are some of the things that are going trough my mind:

Pro: 

Sweet and Sexy cooler design

Compatibility with EK waterblocks

Contra:

Extremely loud?

Hotter

I'm looking for some people that own that card, and I would like their opinion on cooling and noise levels.

My goal is not to push the card too hard on overclocking and let's just say i'm not that sensitive to large noise.

Thanks for your time

That time I saved Linus' WiFi pass from appearing on YouTube: 

A sudden Linus re-appears : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/390793-important-dailymotion-account-still-active/

The nvidia stock coolers are way better then the reference coolers from AMD (ATI for all da haters)

No No No

The nvidia stock coolers are way better then the reference coolers from AMD (ATI for all da haters)

I know about AMD cooling; I'm currently writing this on an HP Pavilion DV6, with a tiny tiny fan and an ATI graphics card that only runs like 25% of the time. :D

A sudden Linus re-appears : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/390793-important-dailymotion-account-still-active/

why bother trying to bait people like that lol?

---

Anyway yeah stay away from REF coolers IMO.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Contra:

Extremely loud?

Hotter

It isn't that loud at all. 

Thermal limits can be adjusted. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

why bother trying to bait people like that lol?

---

Anyway yeah stay away from REF coolers IMO.

1. He did not change my opinion on AMD or Nvidia, Nvidia all the way. Too bad memories with AMD

2. Pls give some more arguments.

It isn't that loud at all. 

Thermal limits can be adjusted. 

Could you compare it to some common household appliance? Perhaps an old fridge, micromave?

im running stock cooler, i oc'd my 780 from evga until it became unstable and its still not very hot, and not that loud either

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

im running stock cooler, i oc'd my 780 from evga until it became unstable and its still not very hot, and not that loud either

Any comparison with another appliance possible?

The GTX 780 reference cooler is a work of art. I would have kept mine, but I want more overclock-ability. It's not loud at all imo.

When I owned my 7950 with an Arctic Accelero cooler I would normally keep it at 100% because it was so quiet. The reference GTX 780 cooler is just as loud at 75% which is usually all you need to keep it in the 70's, even with a small OC.

5820K - ASUS X99-A - 16GB Corsair LPX - HD 7970 GHz - Qnix 1440p @ 96Hz - Waiting for Polaris/Pascal

Any comparison with another appliance possible?

im running a noctua system, the loudest part in my computer is my OLD PSU :P and sure the GPU when under heavy load and the fan goes to 65%, and i can compare to my zotac 670, not really the same but still, the 670 was way louder

and on the hot issue, i use the software and told it to keep the fan low, so under load it might go to 65%, usually is around 40-45% on idle, holding 79 under load as i set that to the max allowed temp and it ramps the fans accordingly

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race