INTEL Pentium G3258 for gaming

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

hm, thought we were talking a pentium vs a anthlon 4k, didnt know we were going from 75$ cpus to 300$ cpus

yes BUT you showed benchmark where the pentium was AS GOOD AS A 4690K IN BF4 !!!! i told you they are wrong and you argued with me!

Im done now think what you want

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Just look at how even a core i3 is better than the pentium in games even if pentium is clocked at 4.7GHZ

Capture.jpg

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8232/overclockable-pentium-anniversary-edition-review-the-intel-pentium-g3258-ae

so 3 games a i3 wins and it kicks butt when an i3 is still more money then a pentium? come on dude really?

Just look at how even a core i3 is better than the pentium in games even if pentium is clocked at 4.7GHZ

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8232/overclockable-pentium-anniversary-edition-review-the-intel-pentium-g3258-ae

Fock, 80% gain with HT in F1 2013 wtf feels like i7's have a shitload of potential left. Anyways you're not going to pair that pentium with a 770/780 but rather something like a 80$ gpu the difference between the i5 & pentiumOC'ed will be significantly smaller but it would be a world of difference with a Titan Z.

I said it from the beginning, this cpu is meant for cpu bound dual threaded games on a budget not to rock the latest games out. Keep in mind you can overclock pentiums with a H81 board btw, the asrock one for 40$ can do it so the performance you get for 100$ is quite amazing

Fock, 80% gain with HT in F1 2013 wtf feels like i7's have a shitload of potential left. Anyways you're not going to pair that pentium with a 770/780 but rather something like a 80$ gpu the difference between the i5 & pentiumOC'ed will be significantly smaller but it would be a world of difference with a Titan Z.

I said it from the beginning, this cpu is meant for cpu bound dual threaded games on a budget not to rock the latest games out. Keep in mind you can overclock pentiums with a H81 board btw, the asrock one for 40$ can do it so the performance you get for 100$ is quite amazing

only the newest games are starting to use multi threads and even then the difference in fps between a i5 4690k (240$) compared to a 75$ pentium is so tiny its just crazy. if ur on a budget pentium all the way.

only the newest games are starting to use multi threads and even then the difference in fps between a i5 4690k (240$) compared to a 75$ pentium is so tiny its just crazy. if ur on a budget pentium all the way.

Yeah but for 50$ more you get a 6300 and a board, seems to be a better value for modern games imo if they take advantage of more than 2 cores. If not, then the pentium is. 

This CPU looks good in bench graphs/tables and yields great fps when overclocked next to premium Intel chips but one thing alot of people are not mentioning about this is the big frame time variance, you will get alot of spikes and stuttering, doesn't matter how high you clock it and how good the fps looks in benches. Actual gaming performance is what matters, and if you like super smooth gameplay and are a wanna be pro FPS player or whatever this might not be for you. Just playing devil's advocate here, I know its a steal at the price and if you wanna get your toes wet overclocking for the first time go for it, but for gamers on a budget it might not be what is expected.

Just my thoughts....

yes BUT you showed benchmark where the pentium was AS GOOD AS A 4690K IN BF4 !!!! i told you they are wrong and you argued with me!

Im done now think what you want

I don't see a problem it can keep 60fps with a 660ti at ultra on shanghai 64player.

This CPU looks good in bench graphs/tables and yields great fps when overclocked next to premium Intel chips but one thing alot of people are not mentioning about this is the big frame time variance, you will get alot of spikes and stuttering, doesn't matter how high you clock it and how good the fps looks in benches. Actual gaming performance is what matters, and if you like super smooth gameplay and are a wanna be pro FPS player or whatever this might not be for you. Just playing devil's advocate here, I know its a steal at the price and if you wanna get your toes wet overclocking for the first time go for it, but for gamers on a budget it might not be what is expected.

Just my thoughts....

Frametimes are in the video above.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

And a cooler twice the CPU price to get decent performance with it. lel

not true u can buy a nice cooler for 75 and under phanteks setup is the best and u can buy this cpu all for under 150 bucks and oc the shit out of it. i bought my 4790k for 330 and this cheap cooler for 74.99 and im oc to 5.0ghz on all 4 cores 

CPU:I7-4790K @ 4.8ghz MOTHERBOARD:MSI-Z97-G45 Ram:G-SKILL SNIPER 8GB 1866 GPU:Msi GTX 970 4G COOLER:PHANTEK PH TC14PE BK 3 FAN CONFIG PSU:Roswell Lightning 1300W HDD: 1TB WD, 2TB SEGATE Mushkin 120GB SSD CASE:COOLER MASTER HAF 922

Thanks for all the answers guys. Im contemplating between the Pentium and the fx-6300. With the 6300 i could get a noticeably cheaper mobo. Just wondering do all amd cores OC and what mobo's overclock. With Intel its the chipset what is it with amd? Thanks again guys.

Thanks for all the answers guys. Im contemplating between the Pentium and the fx-6300. With the 6300 i could get a noticeably cheaper mobo. Just wondering do all amd cores OC and what mobo's overclock. With Intel its the chipset what is it with amd? Thanks again guys.

To overclock an FX-6300 you need a good quality 970 chipset motherboard or a 990FX motherboard, and yes you can overclock all cores.

With AMD overclocking is not about the chipset it's about having a motherboard with VRM's that are good enough and good power delivery on multiple phase (idealy a 6+2 power phase motherboard or better)

Heatsink on the VRM is also a must as those will become bloody hot when overclocking.

Cheapest boards that are considered good enough for high overclocking:

ASUS M5A97 EVO (EVO is important it's the 6+2 board)

GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P (this is an 8+2 board)

Other 990FX boards are better and can run dual graphics card but they cost more, any 990FX will do the job except the Asrock 990FX killer wich is only a 4+1 board.

Not really look at watch dogs

And a cooler twice the CPU price to get decent performance with it. lel

you mean an air cooler for $45 USD. Right, right...

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

To overclock an FX-6300 you need a good quality 970 chipset motherboard or a 990FX motherboard, and yes you can overclock all cores.

With AMD overclocking is not about the chipset it's about having a motherboard with VRM's that are good enough and good power delivery on multiple phase (idealy a 6+2 power phase motherboard or better)

Heatsink on the VRM is also a must as those will become bloody hot when overclocking.

Cheapest boards that are considered good enough for high overclocking:

ASUS M5A97 EVO (EVO is important it's the 6+2 board)

GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P (this is an 8+2 board)

Other 990FX boards are better and can run dual graphics card but they cost more, any 990FX will do the job except the Asrock 990FX killer wich is only a 4+1 board.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/amd/fatal1ty%20990fx%20killer/

It is an 8+2 power phase designed board.

| CPU: Intel Core i5 8400 | Motherboard: MSI Z370 PC Pro | CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 PLUS | GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 1070 AMP! Edition | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 16GB DDR4 2400 MHz | PSU: Corsair VS650 | SSD: SanDisk SSD Plus 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Monitor: Dell S2240L | OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 |

http://www.asrock.com/mb/amd/fatal1ty%20990fx%20killer/

It is an 8+2 power phase designed board.

haha yeah i meant the 990FX extreme 3 or 4 i don't know wich are the ''budget'' 990FX board that is 4+1...my bad...the killer is indeed a good overclocking motherboard but it is not cheap $$...

I would stay away from asrock anyway, the gigabyte 990FX-UD3 rev. 4.0 is a better board.

haha yeah i meant the 990FX extreme 3 or 4 i don't know wich are the ''budget'' 990FX board that is 4+1...my bad...the killer is indeed a good overclocking motherboard but it is not cheap $$...

I would stay away from asrock anyway, the gigabyte 990FX-UD3 rev. 4.0 is a better board.

Why stay away from ASRock ?

| CPU: Intel Core i5 8400 | Motherboard: MSI Z370 PC Pro | CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 PLUS | GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 1070 AMP! Edition | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 16GB DDR4 2400 MHz | PSU: Corsair VS650 | SSD: SanDisk SSD Plus 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Monitor: Dell S2240L | OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 |

Why stay away from ASRock ?

simply because there are other better options for not much more money, mostly offerings by Asus and gigabyte...i don't have anything against Asrock, it's all about prices and features.

which is a new game :rolleyes:

You said the fps difference is tiny lol. It isn't tiny.

I agree, my ASUS board seems to have a problem with a very warm socket, I've heard Gigabyte boards weren't as bad with it as the ASUS ones.

Although getto rigging a stock AMD fan has solved that.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.7GHz, 1.3v with Corsair H100i - Motherboard: MSI MPOWER Z97 MAX AC - RAM: 2x4GB G.Skill Ares @ 2133 - GPU1: Sapphire Radeon R9-290X BF4 Edition with NZXT Kraken G10 with a Corsair H55 AIO @ 1140/1650 GPU2: PowerColor Radeon R9-290X OC Edition with NZXT Kraken G10 with a Corsair H55 AIO @ 1140/1650 - SSD: 256GB OCZ Agility 4 - HDD: 1TB Samsung HD103SJ- PSU: SuperFlower Leadex GOLD 1300w  - Case: NZXT Switch 810 (White) - Case fans: NZXT Blue LED Fans- Keyboard: Steelseries Apex Gaming Keyboard - Mouse: Logitech G600 - Heaphones: Logitech G930 - Monitors: ASUS PB287Q and Acer G246HYLbd -  Phone: Sony Xperia Z1

I agree, my ASUS board seems to have a problem with a very warm socket, I've heard Gigabyte boards weren't as bad with it as the ASUS ones.

Although getto rigging a stock AMD fan has solved that.

so you've managed to get the project getto done ! :D that's good to know! ;) hehe

i don't know about socket temps, but my guess is that they probably are all the same...my personal solution when i was running my overclockd FX was to ignore socket temps... :ph34r:

When you are running the monster FX you have to ignore certain temps to some degree otherwise that drives you crazy and you won't be able to sleep at night anymore.. :huh:

so you've managed to get the project getto done ! :D that's good to know! ;) hehe

i don't know about socket temps, but my guess is that they probably are all the same...my personal solution when i was running my overclockd FX was to ignore socket temps... :ph34r:

When you are running the monster FX you have to ignore certain temps to some degree otherwise that drives you crazy and you won't be able to sleep at night anymore.. :huh:

The CPU hits 58 at load, so it's fine hehe

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.7GHz, 1.3v with Corsair H100i - Motherboard: MSI MPOWER Z97 MAX AC - RAM: 2x4GB G.Skill Ares @ 2133 - GPU1: Sapphire Radeon R9-290X BF4 Edition with NZXT Kraken G10 with a Corsair H55 AIO @ 1140/1650 GPU2: PowerColor Radeon R9-290X OC Edition with NZXT Kraken G10 with a Corsair H55 AIO @ 1140/1650 - SSD: 256GB OCZ Agility 4 - HDD: 1TB Samsung HD103SJ- PSU: SuperFlower Leadex GOLD 1300w  - Case: NZXT Switch 810 (White) - Case fans: NZXT Blue LED Fans- Keyboard: Steelseries Apex Gaming Keyboard - Mouse: Logitech G600 - Heaphones: Logitech G930 - Monitors: ASUS PB287Q and Acer G246HYLbd -  Phone: Sony Xperia Z1

The CPU hits 58 at load, so it's fine hehe

exactly...ignore ALL the other temps :D

Socket temps, VRM temps, case temps, room temps, planet earth temps...solar system temps...all set to IGNORE B)