Video editing PC budget $1350

Can someone send a PCpartpicker link for a video editing pc build OS, monitor, and headphones included i will be using sony vegas pro

AMD Build

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/nz4cGX $1237,68

OS https://www.g2a.com/windows-8-professional-32-64-bit-cd-key-global.html $18,56

TOTAL $1256,24

Working on Intel build now. I will edit it in here.

EDIT

INTEL Build

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/CzQrRB $1344,67

OS https://www.g2a.com/windows-8-professional-32-64-bit-cd-key-global.html $18,56

TOTAL $1363,23

I dont work in Sony Vegas Pro but I found that it can use OpenCL and also Open CUDA acceleration. In AMD build you can get more performance from GPU with not so great CPU and in intel build you got very good CPU but less performance with GPU.

AMD Build

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/nz4cGX $1237,68

OS https://www.g2a.com/windows-8-professional-32-64-bit-cd-key-global.html $18,56

TOTAL $1256,24

Working on Intel build now. I will edit it in here.

EDIT

INTEL Build

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/CzQrRB $1344,67

OS https://www.g2a.com/windows-8-professional-32-64-bit-cd-key-global.html $18,56

TOTAL $1363,23

I dont work in Sony Vegas Pro but I found that it can use OpenCL and also Open CUDA. In AMD build you can get more performance from GPU with not so great CPU and in intel build you got very good CPU but less performance with GPU.

I agree with this build. I'd go for the AMD build if you want some better all around performance, but for a pure editing rig, the Intel build is to way to go.

On the side note, however, you should be able to choose what monitor, headphones and other peripherals yourself (recommendations welcome), as they're more or so pure personal preference (imo). 

I agree with this build. I'd go for the AMD build if you want some better all around performance, but for a pure editing rig, the Intel build is to way to go.

On the side note, however, you should be able to choose what monitor, headphones and other peripherals yourself (recommendations welcome), as they're more or so pure personal preference (imo). 

personal i would like a 1080p monitor with an hdmi port and headphones just have to have overall good sound quality and have to be analog but i don't know too much about either 

personal i would like a 1080p monitor with an hdmi port and headphones just have to have overall good sound quality and have to be analog but i don't know too much about either 

I picked you 1200p (16:10) IPS monitor because it is better for work compared to 1080p (16:9). But it is personal preference. 1080p are cheaper and it allows you to add better GPU for example. Also I picked you Headphones I have because I am really happy with them but that is also personal preference (They are really good, just look at some reviews here on LTT forum). So feel free to pick whatever suits you best in that price range and you will be fine.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/MVjddC

Just an idea, using probably the most powerful CPU, the 4930K. It shouldn't be in the price range, and doesn't allow headphones and pushed the budget. Sacrifices even more on the GPU as well, but the CPU is top notch.

Again, I agree with WereCat's earlier two builds, http://pcpartpicker.com/p/nz4cGX and http://pcpartpicker.com/p/CzQrRB. Intel for pure editing, AMD for all around.

You can save money by buying the cheapest 1080p monitor if that's all you like, such as the Acer one I used in the 4930K build I linked. But a larger monitor resolution and ratio is better for workspace. Headphones, monitor and case are all personal preference, however.

-quoted by accident-

gotta but i don't really need the 'k' series cpu because i'm a bit scared about overclocking

gotta but i don't really need the 'k' series cpu because i'm a bit scared about overclocking

You dont have to OC if you dont want. Lets say that in 2-3 years you will want to get some extra performance. You dont have to go and get new parts. You have headroom to OC then. Also 'K' CPUs got slightly better out of the box performance than non 'K' CPUs.

Example

i7 4790 vs i7 4790k

3,6GHz - turbo 4,0GHz vs 4,0GHz - turbo 4,4GHz

That is 0,4GHz difference which is quite a lot if you consider out of the box performance.

You dont have to OC if you dont want. Lets say that in 2-3 years you will want to get some extra performance. You dont have to go and get new parts. You have headroom to OC then. Also 'K' CPUs got slightly better out of the box performance than non 'K' CPUs.

Example

i7 4790 vs i7 4790k

That is 0,4GHz difference which is quite a lot if you consider out of the box performance.

so what about xeons aren't they basically i7's without integrated graphics

Example

i7 4790 vs i7 4790k

so what about xeons aren't they basically i7's without integrated graphics

Kind of yes but platform is more expensive so there is no point going xeon. If your machine needs to run 24/7 and you want to keep it cool then xeon makes sense. Of course there is no point going Xeon with your budget and i7 is definitely better option. 4 core xeon vs 4 core i7.. i7 wins (price/performance). Unless you want to go at least 6 core xeon then prepare your wallet!

Kind of yes but platform is more expensive so there is no point going xeon. If your machine needs to run 24/7 and you want to keep it cool then xeon makes sense. Of course there is no point going Xeon with your budget and i7 is definitely better option. 4 core xeon vs 4 core i7.. i7 wins (price/performance). Unless you want to go at least 6 core xeon then prepare your wallet!

ok so go with the 4790k 

I liked werecats build but I changed 2 items.

1.) I changed the monitor I changed it to a ProArt monitor.

2.) I lowered the headphone cost to a headphone that was less expensive

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($339.98 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($22.99 @ Micro Center)
Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Micro Center)
Storage: PNY Optima 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($84.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($79.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 270 2GB TWIN FROZR Video Card  ($139.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Zalman Z5 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($47.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: XFX 650W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($49.99 @ NCIX US)
Monitor: Asus PA248Q 24.1" Monitor  ($291.23 @ Amazon)
Headphones: Audio-Technica ATH-D40fs Headphones  ($55.95 @ Adorama)
Total: $1343.06
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-07-30 16:10 EDT-0400

I liked werecats build but I changed 2 items.1.) I changed the monitor I changed it to a ProArt monitor.2.) I lowered the headphone cost to a headphone that was less expensive PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchantCPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($339.98 @ SuperBiiz)CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($22.99 @ Micro Center)Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($89.99 @ Newegg)Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Micro Center)Storage: PNY Optima 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($84.99 @ Newegg)Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($79.98 @ OutletPC)Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 270 2GB TWIN FROZR Video Card  ($139.99 @ Newegg)Case: Zalman Z5 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($47.98 @ Newegg)Power Supply: XFX 650W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($49.99 @ NCIX US)Monitor: Asus PA248Q 24.1" Monitor  ($291.23 @ Amazon)Headphones: Audio-Technica ATH-D40fs Headphones  ($55.95 @ Adorama)Total: $1343.06Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2014-07-30 16:10 EDT-0400

i would buy an i5 instead and go for a better gpu like a gtx 760, because of that you can render faster, if you use Gpu Acceleration

i would buy an i5 instead and go for a better gpu like a gtx 760, because of that you can render faster, if you use Gpu Acceleration

For gaming yes. For editing/rendering/professional work maybe not as much. I would even go as far to say go with a 2011 chip but the 4790 presents an incredible value at the mainstream desktop market.

For gaming yes. For editing/rendering/professional work maybe not as much. I would even go as far to say go with a 2011 chip but the 4790 presents an incredible value at the mainstream desktop market.

but a GPU is much faster than a CPU, so you can render even faster with a better GPU

but a GPU is much faster than a CPU, so you can render even faster with a better GPU

With professional work processing power is driven from more. In a lot of cases some software titles will not utilize graphic processing very strongly or at all. Having a strong i7 is pretty much the bread and butter for people who do professional work. Sony Vegas does utilize GPU acceleration however when it comes to rendering CPU performance to my knowledge is more important and hyper threading can be used with professional work versus games which don't as much. 

With professional work processing power is driven from more. In a lot of cases some software titles will not utilize graphic processing very strongly or at all. Having a strong i7 is pretty much the bread and butter for people who do professional work. Sony Vegas does utilize GPU acceleration however when it comes to rendering CPU performance to my knowledge is more important and hyper threading can be used with professional work versus games which don't as much. 

the i7 is too expensive, the i5 has practically the same performance, all in all an i7 isnt worth on a desktop, because the clocks are already very high

the i7 is too expensive, the i5 has practically the same performance, all in all an i7 isnt worth on a desktop, because the clocks are already very high

It's not about the clocks that makes the i7 special with professional work its the hyper threading. Like with any build its the use of the computer that would dictate what you get. 

It's not about the clocks that makes the i7 special with professional work its the hyper threading. Like with any build its the use of the computer that would dictate what you get. 

an i3 has hyperthreading too

an i3 has hyperthreading too

And is only a dual core with hyperthreading. The i7 is a quad core with HT. 

And is only a dual core with hyperthreading. The i7 is a quad core with HT. 

but yyou can render with an i5 too, i mean wwho cares about a few seconds less render time

but yyou can render with an i5 too, i mean wwho cares about a few seconds less render time

It could be a bit more then a few seconds.

i3 2 cores 2 threads

i5 4 cores 4 threads

i7 4 cores 8 threads (clear winner for professional work and more cores/threads on the 2011 side)

It could be a bit more then a few seconds.

i3 2 cores 2 threads

i5 4 cores 4 threads

i7 4 cores 8 threads (clear winner for professional work and more cores/threads on the 2011 side)

but the price difference is insane, why would someone in general spend so much money on a Pc....