Roccat Ryos MK Pro - Need help deciding (250-300 USD Budget)

Go to solution Solved by ShadowCaptain,

Well, I don't mind if there is a tactical bump (its nice imo) and as long as it doesn't make too much noise I don't care. I hate sitting in skype/ts/vent/mumble with people that have loud keyboards, it pisses me off and I lose focus >.< But yeah, if there is just minor noise I won't care.

Thanks for the input btw ^.^

They do not get picked up on  my headset mic that much but definately on my yeti they are picked up to the point of annoying people

but they are about tolerable for me though, I would not want any louder

You will have to try them 

Hello!

Need help deciding on whether I should get the Roccat Ryos Mk Pro or a different mechanical keyboard.

I'm currently using a "writing" keyboard, the Logitech Illuminated to be precise, but its not ideal for gaming since I can't really press down more than 3 keys at a time.

Don't get me wrong, I love the keyboard, it just gets frustrating when trying to do something which requires more than 3 keys to be pressed.

So my questions are.

• How good is the Ryos MK Pro?

• What Cherry MX switches would you recommend? (I'm not too fond of noise when it comes to keyboards)

My budget for a new keyboard would probably be around 250-300 USD, or 2000 SEK since I live in Sweden.

I really like the look of the Ryos so if you can find or already know of a keyboard that has the same aesthetics please let me know.

Thank you in advance ^.^

• What Cherry MX switches would you recommend? (I'm not too fond of noise when it comes to keyboards)

Browns with o-rings like on the Logitech G710+ are pretty quiet and a nice balance for typing/gaming

but if you want none clicky, look into the linear switches, cherry mx blacks do not make sound!!

Dont forget, there are normal keyboard with n-key rollover for multiple button presses, if you dont like mechanical

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

If you're not sure what switches you like another thing to do is try get to a retailer with a display model that you can type on, find out what switches it has and see what you like about it or not.

Browns with o-rings like on the Logitech G710+ are pretty quiet and a nice balance for typing/gaming

but if you want none clicky, look into the linear switches, cherry mx blacks do not make sound!!

Dont forget, there are normal keyboard with n-key rollover for multiple button presses, if you dont like mechanical

I like mechanical keyboards ^^ I prefer them, so Brown or Black MX switches then?

I like mechanical keyboards ^^ I prefer them, so Brown or Black MX switches then?

Yeah linear switches still feel great, they have no clicky feedback but still feel nice to use and are very well built

Browns are none clicky but have a tactile bump, they are much quieter than clicky switches but are not are quiet as membrane keyboards + you can add o-rings (or some come with them) to reduce sound further

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Yeah linear switches still feel great, they have no clicky feedback but still feel nice to use and are very well built

Browns are none clicky but have a tactile bump, they are much quieter than clicky switches but are not are quiet as membrane keyboards + you can add o-rings (or some come with them) to reduce sound further

Well, I don't mind if there is a tactical bump (its nice imo) and as long as it doesn't make too much noise I don't care. I hate sitting in skype/ts/vent/mumble with people that have loud keyboards, it pisses me off and I lose focus >.< But yeah, if there is just minor noise I won't care.

They do not get picked up on  my headset mic that much but definately on my yeti they are picked up to the point of annoying people

but they are about tolerable for me though, I would not want any louder

You will have to try them 

Went to a retailer, tried out Cherry MX switches, did like the brown ones more than the others, so I've decided ^^

Thanks for the input! :)