Build setup for a programmer

Hello guys, can you make me a nice PC setup for a programmer for relevant price? I need some performance, because I'm contributing on large scale projects and it takes a while on my MacBook Pro. Sometimes I do some computing stuff when I play around with math and graphics so GPU would be quite nice thing to have. I'd like to go up to 2000$.

Thank you guys. 

Hello guys, can you make me a nice PC setup for a programmer for relevant price? I need some performance, because I'm contributing on large scale projects and it takes a while on my MacBook Pro. Sometimes I do some computing stuff when I play around with math and graphics so GPU would be quite nice thing to have. I'd like to go up to 2000$.

Thank you guys. 

First of all what are you going to be programming because we could be you an insane PC just for you to do PHP :P

I don't know much about programming, and I have to go to bed soon. But would I be correct in assuming you would need a powerful CPU and a fairly sizable chunk of RAM?

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Wow, so much for a computer? I'm sitting here with my HD 6770, i5 4570 and 8GB of ram...

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/

~.~

Please for the love of God read the stickies and CoC.

Edit:

Just because you've just joined the forum doesn't mean it's alright for you to do as you please, it goes for everyone, whether you've got 2,000 posts or -1 idc, just please, read the stickies, CoC and use that search bar, it's there for a reason. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

Okay, sorry for being inconvenient:

- I'm living in Europe and I meant USD. 

- Aim: programming C/C++ may be working with OpenCL/CUDA/OpenMP, optimization of codebase, graphics, math. 

- I think 2x 24" FullHD will be enough.

- Using mainly Linux sometimes Windows. 

- And why: You already know why. :)

- I'm living in Europe and I mean USD. 

- Aim: programming C/C++ may be working with OpenCL/CUDA/OpenMP, optimization of codebase, graphics, math. 

Awesome, I have no idea about a setup for a programmer lol, just pointing it out for others to help more effectively. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

- I'm living in Europe and I meant USD. 

Well more cores usually help, so 4 core either AMD or Intel, I'd go with higher clock speeds because of the cuda etc so that would lead me to something like an i5 or something. 8gb+ of RAM again because of CUDA etc if you want to push them 2 displays etc and CUDA/OpenCL I'd go for a 780/290 or something. If you didn't use CUDA you could have gotten away with 4gb of RAM a cheap APU.

@PeterBocan

You only need middling specs, depending on what graphical work you're doing. I've done large scale financial simulations and graphing, as well as pretty complex mathematical modeling on a relatively low end PC.

What I would recommend is spending big on keyboard and monitors. Invest in monitors (min 2, though I like to have 3) that can swivel to portrait for viewing large amounts of code. My ideal workplace set up is the centre monitor in landscape for what I am writing, and using 2 side monitors in portrait for managing other stuff, such as viewing other files in the project that correlate to the one you have open.

This is what I'd do, for a personal build, notice I've gone wayyy overkill on the SSD, so you can bring the price of that down. I've also left you enough room to get an additional monitor or add more memory or graphics performance. It's what would fit my needs, which are fairly specific and so I don't know how applicable it would be to you.

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S 55.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($62.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: ASRock Z97 PROFESSIONAL ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($191.98 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Sandisk Extreme Pro 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($179.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Superclocked Video Card  ($139.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Cooler Master N600 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($85.99 @ Mwave) 
Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer  ($13.99 @ Newegg) 
Monitor: Dell U2412M 60Hz 24.0" Monitor  ($238.49 @ Amazon) 
Monitor: Dell U2412M 60Hz 24.0" Monitor  ($238.49 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1756.87
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-07-30 06:06 EDT-0400
Don't know if the prices will carry over for Europe.

i7 4790k
16GB RAM
Easiest Z87 or Z97 Mobo you can find to Hackintosh
3 Intel 730s(1 windows, 1 Linux, 1 OS X) and a 2TB Barracuda 
NZXT H440 
Corsair H110i
Best graphics card you can get at this point (preferably Nvidia for both CUDA and OpenCL performance)

Best setup I can think of... covers everything I could think of and then some.

*Specific parts not listed  because hackintosh is a pain and NEI not enough info from OP

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

@Dredgy That looks quite good. I like the newest motherboard chipset, that's nice...