Installing Windows on clean HDD.

eXoguti093

A friend and I want to build gaming PCs to sell for people who might request one. We can get a hard drive, but the problem is how do we install a version on Windows on it so when the other person starts up the computer for the first time the they will configure the new computer their way, but with all the drivers for the parts and everything else working and tested. We obviously don't wanna pirate windows because these computers won't be for the people who don't want to get involved with it; we want it to be reliable and legal. Do we need to buy a $200 (Or however much windows is) disk for each computer and install it with the drive connected to another one? And how do we include all the software (Drivers) we need? 

Do these people who request them have any idea that you don't have a clue?

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

No they don't, we're just starting this, it's like a project to make some money but of course doing research and knowing how everything works together and what should go together. We got all the parts ready to order to build our first PC, see how it performs, and find someone (Maybe a friend) who'd like to buy it. But when it comes to selling it, we need to give that person a brand new Windows install, like if they were buying a PC at Walmart.

No they don't, we're just starting this, it's like a project to make some money but of course doing research and knowing how everything works together and what should go together. We got all the parts ready to order to build our first PC, see how it performs, and find someone (Maybe a friend) who'd like to buy it. But when it comes to selling it, we need to give that person a brand new Windows install, like if they were buying a PC at Walmart.

Just install the OS and the necessary drivers for that particular motherboard.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Just install the OS and the necessary drivers for that particular motherboard.

I believe he means so when they get it they set up their own user account but the necessary drivers are already installed .

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

Your going to have to install the OS and create a generic local profile. When creating a local account in windows 8.1 you do not need a password so that is an option too. 

Edit: To do it to where you do not need to actually log into the computer, will require some form of imagining device and that isn't really possible when hardware changes and on such a small scale. 

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches

I believe he means so when they get it they set up their own user account but the necessary drivers are already installed .

Yes that's what I mean. Like is there some way that I can install the OS and necessary drivers without starting it up first, which brings me to two other questions. Where should I buy Windows, maybe a free download and paying for license keys? And what happens when you wanna restore? I remember on my old HP you could boot into.. I forgot what it was called.. recovery software kinda thing, with different options and one to completely restore the machine. I've found out before that with pirated windows versions, or "clean" installs, don't have that so if you can't boot into windows because of some error then you can't do anything about it (I learned from experience) I ended up having to call HP for a new drive with their windows preinstalled.