first real job

notkip

so what was it, what was your fist real job?

also stories about things you did at any place you worked, stupid or otherwise

for me it was KFC, we did a lot of stupid things since it was a small store with no dining area and most of the time it was only 2-3 students working. some of the things we did included:

freezing a wet dish cloth to hit the others with.

box forts with all the empty boxes of fries

a game where you put large garbage bags over your entire body and run at each other (i don't understand either)

firing liquid hand sanitizer across the store at each other (you can get some distance if you do it right)

on a side note i wouldn't suggest eating at KFC or really any fast food joint where its primarily teenagers preparing your food

Collecting Water in a bucket having pores...:D

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

My first 'real' job was probably when I did some system management at an Estate Agent office. I just dealt with general problems with the systems and added the details of properties for sale onto the website.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

I'm still at my first job—Working as a UI Engineer at a San Diego-based startup called SprinkleBit, they hired me while I was still attending university, which eventually led to me dropping out. I was actually among their first employees, so it's been awesome seeing the company grow over the years.  :)

Cheers,

Linus

Oh boy, so many stories. But I do have a good one for where I used to work at a local PC shop. 

Many elderly people walked in, many not able to log in for forgotten passwords. But this one guy, in his mid 60's came into the shop rather disgruntled. He'd bought a PC from us the other night, and said it wont turn on. So we took the PC and said we'll call in about 2-4 hours time with a fix. So he said okay and left, and I went to the repair room and took a look at it. I opened it, and couldn't believe what I saw. His...His CAT, WAS IN THE FUCKING PC. I nearly died of laughter. This was a little tiny cat, maybe it was a kitten but it was sleeping in the case and looked rather famished. So I gave it a drink and did some investigation on the PC. The little fur shit chewed most of the cables visible in the case, and appeared to be scratching at the Hard Drive. We did the repairs under warranty and gave him a call, and decided to wait till he came in to tell him. So he comes in with a giant smile and stopped dead in his tracks the moment he saw the kitten. I promptly said "It was sleeping in the case and had chewed trough most of the wires, luckily the PC didn't have power at the time, and your PC is 100% working and running."  He was dumb founded that his cat got inside the PC, I still have no clue how It go in there.

Oh KFC.... That hand sanitizer is super flammable, try it out some time

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Oh boy, so many stories. But I do have a good one for where I used to work at a local PC shop. 

Many elderly people walked in, many not able to log in for forgotten passwords. But this one guy, in his mid 60's came into the shop rather disgruntled. He'd bought a PC from us the other night, and said it wont turn on. So we took the PC and said we'll call in about 2-4 hours time with a fix. So he said okay and left, and I went to the repair room and took a look at it. I opened it, and couldn't believe what I saw. His...His CAT, WAS IN THE FUCKING PC. I nearly died of laughter. This was a little tiny cat, maybe it was a kitten but it was sleeping in the case and looked rather famished. So I gave it a drink and did some investigation on the PC. The little fur shit chewed most of the cables visible in the case, and appeared to be scratching at the Hard Drive. We did the repairs under warranty and gave him a call, and decided to wait till he came in to tell him. So he comes in with a giant smile and stopped dead in his tracks the moment he saw the kitten. I promptly said "It was sleeping in the case and had chewed trough most of the wires, luckily the PC didn't have power at the time, and your PC is 100% working and running."  He was dumb founded that his cat got inside the PC, I still have no clue how It go in there.

Now how does a cat or kitten get in a computer? I swear that is the oddest thing to ever see at a PC shop.

"Here is your computer, and it is fixed! Also we pulled your pet out of there."

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

You know what, I've not seen my dog in a while....

Seriously though, how does a cat manage to get into a PC and then go to sleep without the owner even noticing?

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Now how does a cat or kitten get in a computer? I swear that is the oddest thing to ever see at a PC shop.

Cats can teleport. I thought this was common knowledge.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Cats can teleport. I thought this was common knowledge.

My five cats can't... Guess mine have some defects, or never learned.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

I`ve got an interview in bout 1 hour. :D Its real job, but minimal pay but what can you do with this economy.

I worked at John Lewis, "Stock management assistant" was the official title of my first job which basically meant that I helped take in stock at the beginning of the day and put it on shelves before the store opened. Then spent the rest if the day either sorting new stock or re stocking the shop floor, Fun fun fun...

A 7am-3:30pm schedule was a bit of a body shock compared to school but I actually really enjoyed it. Was probably just really keen about actually working and getting paid. Always volunteered for over time, worked on Saturdays and sondays, probably helped that all the people I worked with were fun to be around. Can't really say the same about all the customers.

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

You know what, I've not seen my dog in a while....

Seriously though, how does a cat manage to get into a PC and then go to sleep without the owner even noticing?

I just don't know. Unless he opened the side panel and didn't even see his cat go in there, no clue.

My five cats can't... Guess mine have some defects, or never learned.

Oh man, if you still have the receipt you might be able to get it fixed or get a refund. I wouldn't recommend trying to fix it yourself, you'll only end up with scratches.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

so what was it, what was your fist real job?

also stories about things you did at any place you worked, stupid or otherwise

for me it was KFC, we did a lot of stupid things since it was a small store with no dining area and most of the time it was only 2-3 students working. some of the things we did included:

freezing a wet dish cloth to hit the others with.

box forts with all the empty boxes of fries

a game where you put large garbage bags over your entire body and run at each other (i don't understand either)

firing liquid hand sanitizer across the store at each other (you can get some distance if you do it right)

on a side note i wouldn't suggest eating at KFC or really any fast food joint where its primarily teenagers preparing your food

I'm not sure if this was just at the branch I worked at, but the gloves we used were not very thick and the heat of the chicken trays from inside the heater would hurt my hands if I help onto them long enough, or maybe I just had low tolerance of the heat.

my first real job was a baker.

I worked 12am to 8am sat to wed for 8 years straight  I missed  out on everything(birthdays new years ect)  I do not recommend that trade at all.

my current job is a facilities manager its much better

best of luck to you!

im done. i have 33% chance to get job considering there are 2 more guys apart from me.

Started as a dishwasher in my local restaurant, now 3 years later a prep chef! Moving up in the world..

bcs you need to really know how to clean dishes to be a chef  :P Joke.

my first real job was a baker.

I worked 12am to 8am sat to wed for 8 years straight  I missed  out on everything(birthdays new years ect)  I do not recommend that trade at all.

my current job is a facilities manager its much better

Baker, cook, waiter... really bad working schedule. Not my type of dream job.

im done. i have 33% chance to get job considering there are 2 more guys apart from me.

Good luck :)

My first job, (and still is) working at a toyshop! although by boss is evil. Should I mention that the my mum owns the shop. I just cut up boxes and check in stock and stuff. kinda fun, but I want to go work at a computer shop just up the road from my school so I can work there after school :D

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

I'm not sure if this was just at the branch I worked at, but the gloves we used were not very thick and the heat of the chicken trays from inside the heater would hurt my hands if I help onto them long enough, or maybe I just had low tolerance of the heat.

yea, your not supposed to grab them bare handed (or with those disposable vinyl gloves) we used dish cloths to grab and move the trays, those gloves are only for sanitary reasons. there may have been some thicker rubber gloves meant for cleaning the fryer or the cookers but i never wore them

my first real job was really freaking sweet, I worked for a company called TRC and did R&D on ATVs and UTVs. Best job ever. js

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

First real job; valeting cars for 8 hours a day at the weekends for cash at age 12. First full time job was after I was free from my ordeal of school at age 16. I was an order picker in a warehouse on a very rough industrial estate. I left shortly after one of the other order pickers got into a fight with one of the delivery drivers and ended up getting knifed in the face. Think Columbian Smile...

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

What is: Valeting cars?

OnTopic:

-First job was illegal :D I was repairing Xbox 360s at age 12-13 at home :D No TAXes and I was selling pirated games for 2$ :D (DVD is 0.75$?)

Now I'm a PC repairs guy on my block, so people call me if they need any problem with their electronics or want to upgrade.

I'm barely 16