High Voltage but good temps

So I recently clocked my 8350 at 5.1GHz with 1.58v going through but my max temp after 2 hours in Aida64 was 60C and the safe temps for the 8350 are between 65C-70C. Could I pump moar voltage through it or will that fry it.

Also, is voltage the killer or is heat the killer?

CPU AMD FX 8350 @5GHz. Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula Z. RAM 8GB G.Skill Sniper. GPU Reference Sapphire Radeon R9 290X. Case Fractal Design Define XL R2. Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD and 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K. PSU XFX 850BEFX Pro 850W 80+ Gold. Cooler XSPC RayStorm

So I recently clocked my 8350 at 5.1GHz with 1.58v going through but my max temp after 2 hours in Aida64 was 60C and the safe temps for the 8350 are between 65C-70C. Could I pump moar voltage through it or will that fry it.

I'd keep it at what it is. AMD chips take more voltage then Intel ones, but for any chip general rule of thumb is more voltage = more heat and shorter lifespan

"Rawr XD"

Both voltage and heat are killers. Too much voltage and you can fry transistors. Heat, over a prolonged period of time, also kills electronics, including CPUs.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

That seems fine, mine is 1.5v at stock clock (how i got it) mine isn't that hot thought but then it doesn't have that OC.

My try undervolting mine. 

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

Are you trying to have that overclock for 24/7?

I would highly suggest you not to.Temps do not matter as much as voltage. Voltage is the one affecting the longevity of your cpu

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

Are you trying to have that overclock for 24/7?

I would highly suggest you not to.Temps do not matter as much as voltage. Voltage is the one affecting the longevity of your cpu

Not 24/7 , only a few hours a day when I game. And yes it is game stable as well

CPU AMD FX 8350 @5GHz. Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula Z. RAM 8GB G.Skill Sniper. GPU Reference Sapphire Radeon R9 290X. Case Fractal Design Define XL R2. Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD and 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K. PSU XFX 850BEFX Pro 850W 80+ Gold. Cooler XSPC RayStorm

Not 24/7 , only a few hours a day when I game. And yes it is game stable as well

:rolleyes:

This is  24/7.

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!