Good gaming chair?

Silly Ducklings
Go to solution Solved by Phobophobic,

We don't know your bum like you do (some of the creepier members might disagree with me on that point), so I'd seriously suggest going to a store and sitting your arse down for a decently long time in each of their chairs to get a feel for them. 

Having said that, I've gotten the Malkolm from Ikea today, and I couldn't be much happier, unless I got something like a Herman Miller, but I don't have a spare couple of grand lying around.

I've had a $30 cheapo chair from my local office depot for around a year and a half.  So i think it's time to upgrade.  I want it to have rubber wheels for sure as i have a wood floor, and all that other good stuff.  My budget is around $200-$300 ($300 if the chair is really good and it'll pretty much never wear out)

The Ikea "Markus" those racing "gaming" chairs are waaaay overpriced

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

GT Omega/DXRacer/Maxnomic

If you sit for more then 6-8 hours a day and want something with a Premium/Luxury feel their great.   I own a DXRacer OH/MY03/N and its been very good to me.    

You'll never go back to a walmart/office depot/max special again.

Price is high and reflects that the product is a luxury good.   Factor how much time you sit and for how long.  How much time do you use your current chair?   You'll have an answer to this and decide if its worth it to you.

I REALLY want a Omega gaming chair. :)

+1 to the ikea markus 

You should try a chair in person

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

I can vouch for Omega, I don't have one personally but I got to try one out for around 5hrs. I honestly have never been more comfy. 

I can't remember the model or anything but you can see what your money pays for in the overall build quality (No plastic or anything - just metal).

+1 to Quantum - I wouldn't have made an investment of money without trying one.

My Rig:

GIGABYTE 8LMNT-USB3 - AMD FX6300 - REPLACING GPU - 8gb HyperX - REPLACING PSU

We don't know your bum like you do (some of the creepier members might disagree with me on that point), so I'd seriously suggest going to a store and sitting your arse down for a decently long time in each of their chairs to get a feel for them. 

Having said that, I've gotten the Malkolm from Ikea today, and I couldn't be much happier, unless I got something like a Herman Miller, but I don't have a spare couple of grand lying around.

to bad i cant find one in germany :(

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

GT Omega/DXRacer/Maxnomic

If you sit for more then 6-8 hours a day and want something with a Premium/Luxury feel their great.   I own a DXRacer OH/MY03/N and its been very good to me.    

You'll never go back to a walmart/office depot/max special again.

Price is high and reflects that the product is a luxury good.   Factor how much time you sit and for how long.  How much time do you use your current chair?   You'll have an answer to this and decide if its worth it to you.

How does the M series compare to the ikea markus or some of the other popular office chairs?  Sadly i can't try the markus, or anything else that's been recommended to me.  The only store i have is the one office depot, and the closest ikea is 360 miles away.  Ive already tried a good amount of the chairs in the office depot and most of them don't appeal to me anyway.

EDIT : This is the chair i have, i must have gotten it on sale because i only payed $30-40.  http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/901347/Ruzzi-Mid-Back-Mesh-Chair-37/

How does the M series compare to the ikea markus or some of the other popular office chairs?  Sadly i can't try the markus, or anything else that's been recommended to me.  The only store i have is the one office depot, and the closest ikea is 360 miles away.  Ive already tried a good amount of the chairs in the office depot and most of them don't appeal to me anyway.

EDIT : This is the chair i have, i must have gotten it on sale because i only payed $30-40.  http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/901347/Ruzzi-Mid-Back-Mesh-Chair-37/

can't say.  never tried a markus. nearest ikea to me is 4-5 hour drive to San Jose.   I did the recommended sit on all the chairs thing at both an office max and depot.  hated every one of them except one but it wasn't made well.

The M Series chair I have is really nice.  made very well.  PVC leather has that new car smell.  comfort is like a sports car seat with more plush padding (Derp "Racing Seat" LOL).  but not in a spongy way its not going to let you sink into it.

I 100% recommend one if you fallen into the description I already mentioned.  

I think i'll just make the 343 mile trek to ikea and try out the markus, and i'll probably try the office depot chairs again just for good measure.  Thanks anyway though!