How to rip audio from video files?

nanowatt
Go to solution Solved by TheProfosist,

You need to demux the file. You can use Eac3to to do this. If you need a GUI for it I suggest UsEac3to.

As the title says what software do i need to extract the audio from a video file.I don't want it to be converted in something else or change the quality.Thanks

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

You need to demux the file. You can use Eac3to to do this. If you need a GUI for it I suggest UsEac3to.

Just tried it and all it does is opening up a cmd window and shutting down quickly.

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

Thanks but i don't want to convert them.Mp3 is a very compressed format and it takes away all the details from a song

Just tried it and all it does is opening up a cmd window and shutting down quickly.

That because its command line? You either have to give it a command when opening or navagate to it in command prompt and give it a command when running.

I also suggested a GUI, UsEac3to, if your not comfortable with command line.