Pc Boot Problem

ConnorMacleod95

Hey Guys,
I've got a hard one for you.. (I think :P)

I have an older computer and one day it randomly stopped working..
When I press the power button it turns on, the fans spin up.. everything looks normal.. but I don't get a picture on the monitor.. or a post beep. 
Just wondering if you knew what could possibly be wrong.. or had an easy fix..
Monitor and cable work fine. :/

Hey Guys,

I've got a hard one for you.. (I think :P)

I have an older computer and one day it randomly stopped working..

When I press the power button it turns on, the fans spin up.. everything looks normal.. but I don't get a picture on the monitor.. or a post beep. 

Just wondering if you knew what could possibly be wrong.. or had an easy fix..

Monitor and cable work fine. :/

If you can check the RAM, try 1 if it has two then try the other try different slots.

No post beep could mean that the CPU isn't properly in its socket, the ram is broken or that your mobo is broken. Test the components and check whether they are properly installed.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

If you can check the RAM, try 1 if it has two then try the other try different slots.

It has two sticks and 4 slots. I've tried switching the slots no joy :/

Should I try a new stick? 

It has two sticks and 4 slots. I've tried switching the slots no joy :/

Should I try a new stick? 

Try just 1 stick in all 4 slots then try the other 1 in all 4 slots, if it's the problem continues as stated above, maybe the CPU isn't in correctly so check that, if you can check a different CPU or move that CPU to another board and test it.

Wow that was easy thanks Guys... I pulled out one ram stick and everything is all good. 

thanks for all your help :)

You're welcome. That stick is dead so you need to throw it, if it was needed then try replace it.

Probably a RAM problem. These things happen all the time at my work place where servers live on a strict diet of expensive ram. Lollll pull a stick out and see whether that boots.

This is the reason you should not get cheap ram. go for Corsair Dominator platinum, yes its costly but has a 3 year no questions asked replacement policy.