[Beware WCCF] I7 5960X delidded

ViruZ_HUN

A man already said above:

3930k is a 8 core but wth 2 cores disabled.

I7 5960x is "maybe" a 12 core but with 4 cores disabled.

This is how I see it

We are probablt getting a dowgraded Xeon which is unlocked to OC:D

Also a downgraded Xeon is no bad thing

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

what do you mean?

This below is a dieshot of the Sandy Bridge-E

techpreview2012-sandybridgeedie-big.jpg

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Because of the larger die it can be soldered. 

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

This below is a dieshot of the Sandy Bridge-E

techpreview2012-sandybridgeedie-big.jpg

Yep I got it now.

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

i won't be getting a 5960X, but i will HOPEFULLY be getting a 5930K

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

yeah but we dont have any haswell EX chips yet. so with current info, the conclusion is, WCCF took an E5 ivy die and delid it. because it best matches the evidence we have

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

yeah but we dont have any haswell EX chips yet. so with current info, the conclusion is, WCCF took an E5 ivy die and delid it. because it best matches the evidence we have

How do you  know that? it is maybe HSW-EX with 4 disabled cores?

Also the form of the CPU looks simular to the real chip

Those Xeon don't really look like them?

cef28__Ivytown-Package-1-with-Logo-HIGH-

idf-xeon-e5-v2.jpg

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

How do you  know that? it is maybe HSW-EX with 4 disabled cores?

Also the form of the CPU looks simular to the real chip

because im using the scientific method. i deduct from the evidence and facts we have, not from something we may or may not have in the future. i know there is a chance this is a haswell EX chip, but i cant possibly imagine WCCF getting it, and then destroying it.

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

because im using the scientific method. i deduct from the evidence and facts we have, not from something we may or may not have in the future. i know there is a chance this is a haswell EX chip, but i cant possibly imagine WCCF getting it, and then destroying it.

Like the the form of it. Intel have already sent us a pic of the I7 5960x. I am not supporting WCCF but their pics CPU looks exacly as Intels one. SO it MAY be true. or WCCF just made a plastic CPU and painted it and sent it to us, who knows.

Like the the form of it. Intel have already sent us a pic of the I7 5960x. I am not supporting WCCF but their pics CPU looks exacly as Intels one. SO it MAY be true. or WCCF just made a plastic CPU and painted it and sent it to us, who knows.

they couldve just delid the IVBEX chip, stuck a printed IHS onto it and delid it again, but without heating it to melt the solder so it looks like they just did it. its actually not hard to do that.

they couldve just delid the IVBEX chip, stuck a printed IHS onto it and delid it again, but without heating it to melt the solder so it looks like they just did it. its actually not hard to do that.

Say watt?

What do you mean? what is a IVBEX chip?

Say watt?

What do you mean? what is a IVBEX chip?

ivy bridge EX :P

they could take the chip, heat it up to safely delid it (its possible) and then solder on a 3d printed IHS that looks like the pictures. then wait for it to cool and do that monstrosity to it

In the picture it looks like he ripped the actual die off the PCB.  What a waste of a perfectly good chip.

ivy bridge EX :P

they could take the chip, heat it up to safely delid it (its possible) and then solder on a 3d printed IHS that looks like the pictures. then wait for it to cool and do that monstrosity to it

that is true that they can do, but..

FINE GOD DAMNED>.< YOU WIN THIS TIME!!

In the picture it looks like he ripped the actual die off the PCB.  What a waste of a perfectly good chip.

thats what happens when you delid a soldered chip without melting the solder first :P

that is true that they can do, but..

FINE GOD DAMNED>.< YOU WIN THIS TIME!!

im just stating the more plausible event :P i am just as excited for HwE as you are man :D 

I'm sorry, @ViruZ_HUN, but you're getting too hyped up about this. ;)

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I'm sorry, @ViruZ_HUN, but you're getting too hyped up about this. ;)

No don't worry I am not on weed at all. (Hide the weed mom)

Anyways, Yes I am hyped about it. The most hypes are about the prices. I don't wan't these CPUs to cost more then the I7 4960x. I wan't the same price to be fine. And I wan't the best of the best:D

I really don't know why I am hyped so much, I've known there will be a 8 core i7 since 2013 and now it is so close that I am freaking out:D

No don't worry I am not on weed at all. (Hide the weed mom)

Anyways, Yes I am hyped about it. The most hypes are about the prices. I don't wan't these CPUs to cost more then the I7 4960x. I wan't the same price to be fine. And I wan't the best of the best:D

I really don't know why I am hyped so much, I've known there will be a 8 core i7 since 2013 and now it is so close that I am freaking out:D

pricing will be the same dont worry. intel never changes anything. :P

go masterbathe and it will go off ;)

pricing will be the same dont worry. intel never changes anything. :P

go masterbathe and it will go off ;)

So I don't have a bath:( I have a shower

So I don't have a bath:( I have a shower

not sure if didnt understand me, or joking?

not sure if didnt understand me, or joking?

You mean masturbate?

You mean masturbate?

katching! you win a lube :P go do something and stop lurking here ;)

katching! you win a lube :P go do something and stop lurking here ;)

I am winning a what? What is a lube?

I am winning a what? What is a lube?

google it. im not to be held responsible tho ;)