EA Sports Ignite engine will not be on PC

kamaltmo

The Ignite Engine that EA Sports is using on all next gen consoles will not support PC.

I personally don't play sports games but i'm sure this is going to disappoint a lot of people..

Clarification for the PC related questions earlier - EA SPORTS IGNITE will power FIFA 14 on Xbox One and PS4, not PC http://bit.ly/192nrNz 

source : https://twitter.com/RobHodson_

facepalm.jpg

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

I dont think a sports game on pc would be fun anyway so what exactly are we missing out on?

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

You think they would use it on the PC with the Xbox One and PS4 making ports easier to make.

Maybe EA is just too lazy/incompetent to do it. 

I'll laugh my ass off if it some how makes it's way to the Wii U since they back to developing and publishing games for it . 

OSX/WiiU/XO/PS4/PS3/N3DS

Im no expert in this but if both the consoles are basicly pc, i think they will use some trickery to make it not work and i can see very well some people hacking it in pc with great ease. But im no expert and this is just an hypothesis.

I wonder if it's because EA thinks that the PC is not powerful enough for it's engine, much like the WiiU. But perfectly fine for smartphones, PS4 and XBox One.

I wonder if it's because EA thinks that the PC is not powerful enough for it's engine, much like the WiiU. But perfectly fine for smartphones, PS4 and XBox One.

Or maybe they just think it is not worth developing it for the PC, considering the vast majority of sports games will be sold on the PS4 and Xbox One regardless.

it's all about pirating on pc side, maybe not as much in USA as in other parts of world.

So much for the notion that consoles having similar architecture as the PC will help.

Or maybe they just think it is not worth developing it for the PC, considering the vast majority of sports games will be sold on the PS4 and Xbox One regardless.

They are still developing a FIFA 14 for PC they're just going to use the old engine.

are those games even coming out for PC?  nope...doesnt matter

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

well then... what was the game engine made on... and how do they make games from it ????  :blink:

Character artist in the Games industry.

Sports games are really the only reason I own a console at this point, so this is disappointing. 

Wow, such a loss, surely games as a medium took a hard blow on this day.*

*Read in sarcastic monotone.

Laugh all you want guys, but sports titles not being available on PC is a big, annoying, deal. Madden sold 1.65 million copies in it's first week, that's 1.65 million people who had to have a console to play the game they just bought. not all of those people would be PC gamers otherwise obviously, but I, for example, buy consoles to play the sports titles. I like Madden and I like NHL. 

It wouldn't be surprising, with the stupidity that they've pulled off in the past.

I mean how many copies of Madden or FiFA got moved on PC? Sure I hate when PC doesn't get games but has anyone in this thread bought an EA sports game on PC in the past 10 years? 

Laugh all you want guys, but sports titles not being available on PC is a big, annoying, deal. Madden sold 1.65 million copies in it's first week, that's 1.65 million people who had to have a console to play the game they just bought. not all of those people would be PC gamers otherwise obviously, but I, for example, buy consoles to play the sports titles. I like Madden and I like NHL. 

The problem is that it IS going to be available.  A FIFA 14 for PC is coming out.  THey are even adding new moves and new features found in the console version of FIFA 14.  They're only adding it to the old engine and not the new engine.  Now you can blame sales for this but it would be silly to dismiss EA trying to push more console copies than PC as not even being a factor.  Especially considering they're already going in and modifying last years engine.  I wouldn't be surprised if they point to the FIFA 14 PC sales and say look it's not selling AT ALL and use it as an excuse to pull the plug completely when they set it up to fail in the first place.

The problem is that it IS going to be available.  A FIFA 14 for PC is coming out.  THey are even adding new moves and new features found in the console version of FIFA 14.  They're only adding it to the old engine and not the new engine.  Now you can blame sales for this but it would be silly to dismiss EA trying to push more console copies than PC as not even being a factor.  Especially considering they're already going in and modifying last years engine.  I wouldn't be surprised if they point to the FIFA 14 PC sales and say look it's not selling AT ALL and use it as an excuse to pull the plug completely when they set it up to fail in the first place.

How much would be lost if it does not come out for PC?  Not a lot.  Fifa is probably the biggest selling sports game and it sells like shit for pc.  Why put your focus there when no one is there to receive it?