Why does 30fps look better on a console then a PC?

Gauzl

It's just human to adapt to what we're used to and treat it as "normal".

High FPS and resolution is great. Lower FPS and resolution is great too if you're not used to anything better.

It's probably the same thing happening with Audio and Food too.

Because you get used to constant 30 fps at a further screen on pc you sit close the fps fluctuate and you know its pleasant when it goes to 60 and fukcing anoying when it drops to 30 but consoles stay at 30 all the time,theres no visual difference in scenes,on pc when i go from 60 to 30 fps in a scene i feel the lag in controls imediately on your console again it stays the same constant so you think thats how its designed with the laggy controls and your brain adapts to that,but on pc it adapts to fluent precise mouse/keyboard 60fps+ when you drop to 30 or less it becomes a lag nightmare the brain just cant go back to 30fps especially for me been playing 60fps for half a decade now theres no way i can do 30fps ever again.

The difference between 24fps and 30 fps is again night and day,they trully need to invent a new standard of 45fps thats the minimum pleasant for my eyes at least.

Because you get used to constant 30 fps at a further screen on pc you sit close the fps fluctuate and you know its pleasant when it goes to 60 and fukcing anoying when it drops to 30 but consoles stay at 30 all the time,theres no visual difference in scenes,on pc when i go from 60 to 30 fps in a scene i feel the lag in controls imediately on your console again it stays the same constant so you think thats how its designed with the laggy controls and your brain adapts to that,but on pc it adapts to fluent precise mouse/keyboard 60fps+ when you drop to 30 or less it becomes a lag nightmare the brain just cant go back to 30fps especially for me been playing 60fps for half a decade now theres no way i can do 30fps ever again.

The difference between 24fps and 30 fps is again night and day,they trully need to invent a new standard of 45fps thats the minimum pleasant for my eyes at least.

Still dont think this is it, i play both PC and console on the same screens, same distance, and both are fine. It all comes down to the type of input being used and which one is more prone to pick up on low fps.

CPU: i7 6700k @4.5GHZ | Mobo: MSI Z170 Gaming M5 | RAM: G Skill Rip Jaws V- 16GB | GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 XT | Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM, Kingston SSD-now 100V+ 128GB, WD Black 600GB, WD Blue 500GB, Intel 600p 256GB nvme SSD |PSU:Corsair CX750M| Cooling: Corsair H60| Displays: 27" LG IPS277L, Samsung Curved 72hz Freesync 27 inch, Epson EX7220 Projector with 100 inch 16:10 Screen | Kb: Corsair Vengeance K70 | Mouse: R.A.T. 4 |  Case:  NZXT Phantom 410 (Red) | OS: Win 10 Home 64 Bit

Input lag is more noticeable with a mouse than an analogue stick.

^^^ This. That is all it is.

Input lag is more noticeable with a mouse than an analogue stick.

Eyup. Nailed it.

CPU: i7 6700k @4.5GHZ | Mobo: MSI Z170 Gaming M5 | RAM: G Skill Rip Jaws V- 16GB | GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 XT | Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM, Kingston SSD-now 100V+ 128GB, WD Black 600GB, WD Blue 500GB, Intel 600p 256GB nvme SSD |PSU:Corsair CX750M| Cooling: Corsair H60| Displays: 27" LG IPS277L, Samsung Curved 72hz Freesync 27 inch, Epson EX7220 Projector with 100 inch 16:10 Screen | Kb: Corsair Vengeance K70 | Mouse: R.A.T. 4 |  Case:  NZXT Phantom 410 (Red) | OS: Win 10 Home 64 Bit

I game on my Pc and on my xbox360 on my computer monitor.

I have noticed more motion blur when I play on the xbox. I can live with that.

When I play PC games, things get buttery smooth. and way more precise.

The degree of precision that the mouse has over a controller is something I don't actually like though.

Controllers are just more comfortable and easy to use in my opinion.

Because you are used to the 120 frames. Looking at 30 frames is really gittery for you.. and you are a bit further away

for me it depends on the game, because a fast pace shooter game really is a horrible experience at 30fps, but if I play the metro series of games on my PS3 it is a pretty bearable experience (worst part is just the awful analog stick controls), which leads me to my next point, look at the difference in controls. The console uses less precise controls, while the PC uses the exacto knife of the gaming world (aka the mouse), so this leads to you really feeling the frame rate in the controls on PC compared to console 

MoBo: 970A-D3P CPU: FX-8350 GPU: HD 7950 PSU: 1000watt RAM:8Gb of G,skill 1600

I was playing it on the PS3 all weekend, and while i still hate the dualshock 3 with a passion, i didnt notice any lag at all, just really dont like the controller much. It even looked pretty decent compared to the "next gen" version. Not near as "good" if you can call it that, but very nice, and playable.

dunno.. I experienced choppy gameplay... 

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

dunno.. I experienced choppy gameplay... 

That really sucks :C i thought the beta was fantastic, and ran great. Maybe give the final game a rent and see, because on my end it was a solid 30 fps. So on the physical final disc it should all be good for you to.

That really sucks :C i thought the beta was fantastic, and ran great. Maybe give the final game a rent and see, because on my end it was a solid 30 fps. So on the physical final disc it should all be good for you to.

Disc vs Digital is the same thing...

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

I can verify that if you sit up close (1-3m) to a CRT (composite) TV, you can notice frame rate drops way better than on a brand new LCD (HDMI) TV. Because:

PS3/Xbox 360/other hardware -> Output 30fps -> CRT 60Hz -> displays 30fps

PS3/Xbox 360/other hardware -> Output 30fps -> LED 60Hz -> Post processing, flame blend etc. -> displays 30fps, looks like 60fps.

Laptop: Intel Core i5-4200H, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce 840M

Desktop: Intel Core i3-6100, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce GTX 750 Ti

Because 30fps is more cinematic

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Might be that with keyboard and mouse you count on less input lag than with a controller, i handle 30 fps much better with my 360 controller than with my K&M

i7 2600 | HD 6870 | 8GB Memory | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 500W PSU | Fractal Define R4

I have a lot of upgrade plans, and no money  :)

Disc vs Digital is the same thing...

Beta vs Final Version is NOT. And also no if you have a bad HDD digital can suffer from long load times, bad texture streaming, so forth. So no digital and disc are not "the same" The experience varies based upon your hardware for each version. Old console vs new console. the HDD, so on.

Unrelated to Destiny, I was at Quakecon and tried a demo for The Evil Within (running on an XBone), watched the opening cinematic/tutorial thing (with terrible tearing issues), played a minute and thirty seconds of that 30 fps stuff and couldn't finish the demo. 30 is just so jarring coming from 120.

Also, the game felt really slow to me, and as a result was not my cup of tea.

i7-4770k @3.5GHz | 2 EVGA gtx 780 SC ACX in SLI | AsRock Xtreme4 z87 | Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 | Corsiar HX-850 | NZXT Phantom 410 |                                                                                                                                                   CoolerMaster Siedon 120XL AIO Water Cooler | X-Star 1440p 27"