How good is your eyesight?

-3.5 on both eyes  :(

The rate at which my degree increases has really decreased though, so I think it's more due to genetics and puberty rather than anything else. My parents blame the amount of time I spend on my PC despite them having larger degrees when they were my age.

i5-4670k @4.2GHz Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 @1135MHz 1600MHz G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Corsair K70 Logitech G502 Proteus Core Logitech G230 Blue Snowball SteelSeries QcK+

YouTube // Steam // Twitter // Facebook // Google+

-3.5 on both eyes  :(

The rate at which my degree increases has really decreased though, so I think it's more due to genetics and puberty rather than anything else. My parents blame the amount of time I spend on my PC despite them having larger degrees when they were my age.

The funny thing is that most adults that say that usually wear glasses from years of reading extensively on low light.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Due to go in for an exam soon, my contacts are currently -3.75 in my right, -4.5 in my left. No idea what my glasses are, but I know they're slightly different. And my contacts aren't completely cutting it anymore.

I also have some nice, bright blue eyes, that are more sensitive to light than a vampire's skin. I have to wear sunglasses in natural light. Indoors, unless it's really well lit, I'm fine, and love that I can take my sunglasses off, because I feel like I look like a douche with them on constantly, even on rainy days and such. Even though people generally say I look fine with them on.

Astigmatisms in both eyes, getting hard contacts next time I go in. My soft ones have been sliding on my eyeballs recently.

I really wish that we'd just make organic hardware already, that grows and adapts to the demands it needs to meet. That way, grannies' computers can be floppy sacks of organicness and the 12 year old Minecrafters will look like the guys that only do bicep curls, and the nerdy programmers will finally have justice, with their body-builder rigs that skipped leg day.

CPU: i7-4770k 4.8GHz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero | RAM: 16gigs 2133MHz | GPU: SLI Gigabyte OC 2gb 770's | Case: INWIN GRone | Storage: 1tb Blue, 60gb SSD | PSU: Silencer MK II 950w | Cooling: Modded H100i

My eyesight is fairly bad, but not so bad I cant see.  Stuff that is like 2 metres away is blurry but I dont wear glasses.   

I have some of the most powerful human eyes on record.

I have 20/11 in both eyes, 1 degree wider foveal vision, and 10 degrees wider peripheral vision and I have a genetic mutation that caused a small count of the cones in my eyes to see a lower band of UV lighting.

It's odd because real world settings and pictures from digital cameras look so different to me because digital images on computers don't care UV information.

I can take pictures of things and it looks very different from what I actually see in person.

My eyes are so powerful that I actually have to wear amber glass lense glasses to help reduce the strain on my eyes and brain or else I get insanely bad migraines.

It was the migraines when I was a little kid that lead to a few optometrists to take a look at my eyes and do test, low and behold, turns out I have incredible eyes.

I have a very strong preference for purple objects and colors because of my eyes.

I have some of the most powerful human eyes on record.

I have 20/11 in both eyes, 1 degree wider foveal vision, and 10 degrees wider peripheral vision and I have a genetic mutation that caused a small count of the cones in my eyes to see a lower band of UV lighting.

It's odd because real world settings and pictures from digital cameras look so different to me because digital images on computers don't care UV information.

I can take pictures of things and it looks very different from what I actually see in person.

Wow that's interesting. Where did you find out you had the most powerful eyes? 

Wow that's interesting. Where did you find out you had the most powerful eyes?

Edited my most that explained that, sorry didn't think about adding that till a bit ago.

And I don't have the most powerful eyes, Women with Tetrachormacy do, tetrachromat can see 10 distinct color vision variations including UV band.

the assumed human limit to vision is probably 20/10 though.

Both eyes suck at reading 2 cm in front of me. Luckily I wear contacts so nobody thinks I look like an idiot.

Glasses don't make you look like an idiot!

I have a genetic problem called Achromatopsia so I have red tinted glasses.  B)

Not awful but noticeably bad when I am not using my contacts.

Song Of The Day: Nujabes - Battlecry

Glasses don't make you look like an idiot!

I have a genetic problem called Achromatopsia so I have red tinted glasses.  B)

Im not even going to lie.. This popped into my head when i read the red tinted glasses part 

Scott_Summers_Earth-10005_zps7341838f.jp

Achromatopsia does sound a bit cooler than Photophobia though.. 

Everytime i mention it people think im afraid of cameras or framed pictures..

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Im not even going to lie.. This popped into my head when i read the red tinted glasses part 

Scott_Summers_Earth-10005_zps7341838f.jp

Achromatopsia does sound a bit cooler than Photophobia though.. 

Everytime i mention it people think im afraid of cameras or framed pictures..

Adele, the singer, has Photophobia. Which leads me to believe that you might be Adele...

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Adele, the singer, has Photophobia. Which leads me to believe that you might be Adele...

Nope. That ain't me :P 

But damn.. Photophobia and a stage performer.. If they pointed those spotlights at me i'd probably be on the floor in agony  <_<

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Nope. That ain't me :P

But damn.. Photophobia and a stage performer.. If they pointed those spotlights at me i'd probably be on the floor in agony  <_<

Yeah, it's a really bad combination.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Well my contacts are both -3.75 so 17.25, 17.25 vision I guess. My left eye is getting a little blurrier though so I need to upgrade to 1440p. 

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

I'll be blind by 30 at this rate

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Yeah, it's a really bad combination.

Especially if she's got the same level of problems with it as i do.

Technically im supposed to wear these when im outside. 

20140727_062919_zps50341aba.jpg

But since they're not prescription lenses i always have to switch to my normal 5% tinted glasses when im driving. So i always forget to bring them.. And i look like a douche in them

Well my contacts are both -3.75 so 17.25, 17.25 vision I guess. My left eye is getting a little blurrier though so I need to upgrade to 1440p. 

1440p is nice when you've got bad vision if you use some kind of contrast balancer to reduce eye strain. I can have my monitor further away from me and the text is clear enough for me not to have to strain my eyes too much to read it

But i suppose 1080p would work quite well too

I can see fine, since I look away some times

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Its been proven many times that spending time in front of a pc (With the correct lighting in the room) does nothing to your eyes long term. Most peoples sight issues are genetic or not adequate lighting when on the PC. As mammals our eyes suck we are still in the early stages of evolution from underwater eyes to eyes that work out of the water.

Where the are your sources for any of this? I don't disagree with the computer part, but the evolution part. I've never heard that before (not saying I disagree with evolution).

Anyway my vision was officially 20/18 at a test a month ago but I'm colorblind so I guess I can't say it's perfect.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

-2.75/-2.75

Its okay, not terrible, Have to wear glasses to read Text in windows explorer and stuff if at a decent distance from the monitor screen

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

Horrible, i really need to get glasses XDD

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

last time i took a reading test in the nurses office. she said i had 20-20. idk how good that is but i have good eyesight

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

-3.75, -3.5

Also have astigmatism

I'm pretty fucked without glasses

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

1440p is nice when you've got bad vision if you use some kind of contrast balancer to reduce eye strain. I can have my monitor further away from me and the text is clear enough for me not to have to strain my eyes too much to read it

But i suppose 1080p would work quite well too

Yeah 1080p's fine since it's so close, anything more than 1 and a half meters away, even with glasses or my contacts, is blurry in my left eye.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler