Is this Laptop worth it for the price

Hi guys I'm new to this Forums and im excited to get started out with my first thread.

Im looking to buy a laptop, mainly for gaming and my max money ill spend is £700 on it maybe if its just a bit more I might buy. Its mainly for gaming, and I want a really good laptop.

I looked at this one, is this one good: http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/laptops-netbooks/laptops/laptops/acer-aspire-v3-572pg-15-6-touchscreen-laptop-silver-10011100-pdt.html

Also if you guys have some time can you look on www.pcworld.co.uk and show me good laptops for gaming. 

Thank You :)

No.

too expensive for integrated graphics

Diamond 5 in League :)

Hell no.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Barely decent for a laptop performance wise.. do you really need a laptop? at that money you can make a very good desktop pc for gaming?

No.

It has nvidia GT 840M but its weak... sigh i wouldnt waste my money on laptop if i want to game.
Edited by deviant88

No.

Integrated graphics on an i5. If it was an i7, it would somewhat-justify the price, but only if it was like, an ultra-thin or something.

Still spendy even then. It'd also have to have a 256gig SSD in it or something...

Bottom line is, no. Not worth it. I'll look for some recommendations for you, OP.

I really wish that we'd just make organic hardware already, that grows and adapts to the demands it needs to meet. That way, grannies' computers can be floppy sacks of organicness and the 12 year old Minecrafters will look like the guys that only do bicep curls, and the nerdy programmers will finally have justice, with their body-builder rigs that skipped leg day.

CPU: i7-4770k 4.8GHz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero | RAM: 16gigs 2133MHz | GPU: SLI Gigabyte OC 2gb 770's | Case: INWIN GRone | Storage: 1tb Blue, 60gb SSD | PSU: Silencer MK II 950w | Cooling: Modded H100i

Integrated graphics on an i5. If it was an i7, it would somewhat-justify the price, but only if it was like, an ultra-thin or something.

Still spendy even then. It'd also have to have a 256gig SSD in it or something...

Bottom line is, no. Not worth it. I'll look for some recommendations for you, OP.

Erm, I'm pretty sure they all share the same integrated 4400.... look it up in intel ark....

Diamond 5 in League :)

My laptop was 650$ (Canadian) clearance regular $800 and it has Nvidia GT 740m, i5-3337u, 8 GB's of RAM and 750 GB HHD. 

Being that this is an Acer, (I hate Acer I had to mess around for like 10 hours trying to re install Windows cause of the stupid amount of bloatware)

It's an alright price. But I'd be careful because Acer products in my experience aren't that great... But aren't that bad either.  

Erm, I'm pretty sure they all share the same integrated 4400.... look it up in intel ark....

I know they do, I didn't mean it that way.

I was just segway-ing into mentioning that the processor is pretty bad for the price point :P

I really wish that we'd just make organic hardware already, that grows and adapts to the demands it needs to meet. That way, grannies' computers can be floppy sacks of organicness and the 12 year old Minecrafters will look like the guys that only do bicep curls, and the nerdy programmers will finally have justice, with their body-builder rigs that skipped leg day.

CPU: i7-4770k 4.8GHz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero | RAM: 16gigs 2133MHz | GPU: SLI Gigabyte OC 2gb 770's | Case: INWIN GRone | Storage: 1tb Blue, 60gb SSD | PSU: Silencer MK II 950w | Cooling: Modded H100i

Hell no, it doesn't even have a full HD screen.

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

I actively avoid Acer products.

Project Insomnia

CPU: Intel i5 4670K @ 4.6 GHz.   CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken x40   Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Extreme6   Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8Gb.   Graphics Card: EVGA SC Geforce GTX 780 Ti   Power Supply: EVGA G2 850W   Case: NZXT H440

That laptop looks very cheap to me. It doesn't have a lot of value to it rather than the ram but I wouldn't suggest buying that one.

I would go for one of the new ones at Newegg as they tend to be of better value. Heck, you could even get a nice Apple notebook for that price.

I think I'm going to disagree with everybody here...I mean, yeah, the specs aren't impressive and there's a lot to be desired, but if you have a hard budget of 700 euros? I don't think you're going to do any better than a 840M. That is, if OP is completely sure he needs a laptop over a desktop.