R9 290 on 1440p?

Is the card with an i5 good for that gaming without crossfiring and anti alising for most games at high-ultra settings?

Yep

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Yes, I have one and it has maxed everything I have thrown at it

with anti aliasing? what fps and what cpu do u have?

60 fps average on most games?

Yessir

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

with anti aliasing? what fps and what cpu do u have?

8320 60FPS, maxed out

Yes, I have one and it has maxed everything I have thrown at it

You haven't thrown DayZ at it then. 

8320 60FPS, maxed out

I highly doubt that. You are either running at 1080p or not using AA.

Even a 290x cant get over 60fps at 1440p with AA

crysis1440p.jpg

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

obviously i haven't played crysis 3

crysis1440p.jpg

screw anti aliasing, thats why i prefer higher resolutions

obviously i haven't played crysis 3

Well you said you played all the games...which would include day z, crysis, metro, etc... all very demanding games.

At 1440p, a 780ti will struggle to get above 60 fps with AA completely off.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Well you said you played all the games...which would include day z, crysis, metro, etc... all very demanding games.

At 1440p, a 780ti will struggle to get above 60 fps with AA completely off.

I said everything I have thrown at it, like BF3 and bioshock infinite 

I said everything I have thrown at it, like BF3 and bioshock infinite 

With 16xMSAA? I think you're lying.

Spoiler

With 16xMSAA? I think you're lying.

k, i have it overclocked to 3000MHZ

k, i have it overclocked to 3000MHZ

Now you're just being a troll. Get out.

Spoiler

Now you're just being a troll. Get out.

Well do you have a 290 to test your hunches 

Well do you have a 290 to test your hunches 

You can't overclock a graphics card to 3GHz.

If you're going to be a troll just get off this forum, we don't need you here.

Spoiler

guys... without anti aliasing and all of this BS can a 290 with an i5 play every game 40 fps at least average?

You can't overclock a graphics card to 3GHz.

If you're going to be a troll just get off this forum, we don't need you here.

are you that dense, I mean about the aa 

guys... without anti aliasing and all of this BS can a 290 with an i5 play every game 40 fps at least average?

yes

In most game.. yes. Even my 7950 can do it, overclocked though.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Yeah...except Minesweeper ULTRA EXTREME EDITION i'm only joking please don't hurt me

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Yes it can, i run 1080p with a 280x and get about 70-80 frames on ultra disclaimer not on watchdogs or dayz though  :P so a 290 will do 1440p especially easy if ure not using aa