Share your Magic the Gathering deck builds!

theroflcopta

Hey guys i'm sure a few of you play MTG whether it's hardcore or casual nothing beats sharing ideas and reasoning for deck builds. So I guess I wanted to start a sorta MTG discussion topic.

I want to see people posting deck lists they make on tappedout.net so they are easy to share and easy to play test! Or you can make card suggestions or tweaks to the decks to either make them more competitive or much more crazy and fun!

When posting deck lists provide the link as well as a description that is as detailed as you want. Whether you give a basic run down or describing the play by play of how to squeeze out every bit of value. And if you can also cite some weaknesses in the deck so other people can easily suggest some ways to fix it up. Again these decks don't have to be standard or even competitive or heck even good! Whether you make a deck that's 30 dollars or less or go balls out with 4 black lotus. Share your tactical or wacky builds for us all to enjoy and maybe even use!

I'll start with my deck build to get things going.

Theroflcopta's turn counter deck!!

post-7478-0-41351800-1406322709.jpg

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/18-05-14-all-the-turns/

Objective of the deck

The basis of this deck is to either win through getting indefinite turns or pumping up a creature to ludicrous amounts of lethal for the kill early in the game. When play testing I put in the stipulation that I had to achieve my "win condition" by at-least turn 7-8 imagining I was versing another player who could pull off a lethal amount of unblockable damage by then (just so I could have some form of threat) My "win conditions" were as follows. By at least turn 6 have a 20/20 trample on the field who can continue to be buffed each turn after OR be able to give my self indefinite turns or at least have 3 consecutive turns in a row before letting my opponent go. Essentially giving me more momentum then they can stop.  

After weeks if tinkering I was able to achieve my wins consistently 100% of the time, In some cases by turn 5. 

Brief play style

Early game

This deck is fairly mana heavy especially with the Sol ring's so keeping a 2 mana hand isn't a terrible call. But having at least 1 sol wing in your first hand is ideal. Your bread and butter in this deck for counter generation is Master biomancer, Vorel of the hull clade and of course Doubling season. Pumping up a master biomancer is almost always your first priority. Giving him rancor and forced adaptation alone will almost guarantee a win once you start bringing out the sages and mages giving you the turns and the hand you need to unleash everything in your arsenal. Not even mentioning the kind of pain that gets afflicted an fun that happens when you mix 1 or even 2 doubling seasons into the mix. All of which you can easily get out on the field set up and ready to play before the turn 4-5 mark. If you don't have Master biomancer in your first hand or first few draws then don't worry. Starting to ramp up your sage of hours or a vigor, which can be plantedas early as turn 3 and is an excellent mechanism to generate counters will putting on the aggression. Or you can pump up a fathom mage so you can draw for answers are all great solutions that give you plenty of wiggle room. Keep in mind if you do a big counter dump onto fathom mage for draw or want to start ramping up your card draw with a Forced adaptation or Give//take combo, you will NEED to have reliquary tower on the field. It is a must for this deck in mid game when you start getting to that 10-20 hand size. And keep in mind if you put forced adaptation on a fathom mage and a doubling season is on the field you will be drawing through your deck fast. So self mill is a possibility.

Mid game:

If you reach the mid game (turns 8-10) you should be rocking a board of some pretty scary creatures and have more turns then you know what to do with. At this point getting a HUGE Sage of hours is possible if you have a strong biomancer on the field. And from here a fated infatuation will be your ticket to having a ludicrous amount of turns. As when it enters not only does it get the previous Sages counters but it also receives the biomancers effect a second time. Which will pretty much be GG for your opponent since now in the.....

Late game:

You can pretty much sit there and laugh as you spend turn after turn after turn building counters on your creatures and adding up the stupid amount of trample damage your opponent is going to take.

Weaknesses:

Obvious weaknesses are early game aggression from your opponent. Unless you have a vigor on the field you will find yourself pretty hesitant to block. Even if you have a rather large biomancer you never know if there is a giant growth or titan's strength waiting to be dropped. Another is probably direct removal, nothing sucks worse then losing your 10/12 biomancer to a doomblade 1 turn before you were going to drop your sage. While losing a specific card isn't a big deal since there are so many duplicates in this deck it can really break your tempo and give your opponent the time and flexibility he needs to set up the kill before you recoup.

In conclusion:

All in all this deck is a lot of fun for me there is a lot to think about a lot to plan for and a lot of giggling as you see the dismay on your opponents face as you find out just how many extra turns you get from a 58/58 sage of hours when he was just a 4/4 2 turns ago.

Hope you all enjoyed my deck I know it was long but with something this complex it needs a bit of flushing out. If anyone else has any suggestions or changes please feel free to share.

And please please PLEASE share your decks as well. Whether you just recreate one you own like me or dick around for 30 minutes and whip something together that you think is fun. Link it in your comment and tell us about it!

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"

#Usedtodoyugiohandpokemon

I think everyone owned yugioh/pokemon cards at one point, like everyone. But only 10% of those people actually knew how to play. haha

eeeehhhhhhh MTG. I would get into it but it's too damn expensive.

/being off topic

And yes... yes it is... it's an addiction that can never be stopped, and i never want it to.

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"

And yes... yes it is... it's an addiction that can never be stopped, and i never want it to.

I had the addiction beat for about 10 years, but about two years ago it got me again :). It's just too bad that I sold my entire card collection when I quit so now I had to start entirely from scratch again.

I still own a yu-gi-oh deck, quite a powerful one I might add. it changed quite a lot over the years though, it's now almost completely full of yu-gi-oh 5D's cards where it used to be first gen and GX (this deck was stolen, I had an awesome neo spacian collection as well as elemental / destiny heroes)

No one around here except for my little brother and one friend of mine play though, and they only play each other since I kick their ass even if we trade decks. (and yes, we know the actual rules :P)

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @ 4.2 GHz; GPU: Asus STRIX & Gigabyte g1 GTX 1070 SLI; RAM: 16 GB Corsair vengeance 3200 MHz ; Mobo: Asrock Taichi x470; SSD: 512 gb Samsung 950 Pro Storage: 5x Seagate 2TB drives; 1x 2TB WD PurplePSU: 700 Watt Huntkey; Peripherals: Acer S277HK 4K Monitor; Logitech G502 gaming mouse; Corsair K95 Mechanical keyboard; 5.1 Logitech x530 sound system

01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100101 01110011 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 00101110

Oh man it's been like 4 years since I played M:TG and at least 6 or 7 since I used my own decks! I only play with actual cards not the online version btw. The most notable one is an old black/red that I built with the left overs of a good friend that gave me basically all of his Dauthi series of creatures like 12 years ago maybe? At first it was a pure black deck but I included some red cards for added punch the famous 4/1 red lighting I think it was and fireballs and disintegrates.

But my true passion was a lesser known trading card game called Vampire: The eternal struggle (or Jyhad during the first expansions way back in the 90s) I still have some 600 cards and 4 or 5 fully build 90 card decks for it. I never actually got to play much since very little people knew about it and even less had decent decks for it and the game was designed to work around at the very least 3 players but 5 player games was way more ideal and I could never find even 1 regular player: Some old friends used to like it but either not nearly as much as I and/or had really simple decks I could basically destroy with my more refined ones so I couldn't really test interesting builds or ideas. Plus as it's parent company slowly went out of business (White Wolf publishing) finding booster boxes and prebuilt decks with nice guaranteed rares became increasingly difficult, for some of the last expansions I did I had to print just a bunch of cards myself since I couldn't trade or find enough boosters to get em.

I'd love to get back into it with new online tools however.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I had the addiction beat for about 10 years, but about two years ago it got me again :). It's just too bad that I sold my entire card collection when I quit so now I had to start entirely from scratch again.

if you want to get back into it i can help you : D

I only played edh, and it was all Grand Arbiter decks, with crap like mana drain attached to isochron scepter and cards like winter orb/stasis/trinisphere/shimmer...I was asked to never play in the local shops anymore due to everyone complaining on having to try to keep up with how much mana each cards costs to play and what can/can't be untapped

I only played edh, and it was all Grand Arbiter decks, with crap like mana drain attached to isochron scepter and cards like winter orb/stasis/trinisphere/shimmer...

Argh, I hate playing against decks like that :). Personally, I prefer fast, simple, aggressive decks. I used to have a lovely black/blue Necropotence deck with Hymn to Tourachs, Sinkholes, Strip Mines, Wastelands, Nether Voids, Time Walk, Ancestral Recall, black and blue Moxes etc.

Guess not many people actually currently play magic on LTT xD