PC Game Controller

Juniorwolfe

Hey Guys and Girls,

I haven't played a game in a long time. Sold my PS2 and Xbox a few years back to get a WII for me and the fiancee. I currently race on my computer but would like to try out a few games on the PC. Boarderlands 2 and Assassins Creed....what I am wondering is what are people using for controllers on PC and what would you recommend. Any help with this would be great. 

Wyatt Wolfe Jr

Keyboard and Mouse are the best controller for PC.

If you need a console style controller, the 360 controller isn't bad and works well in Windows.

I used to use a PS3 controller vis motioninjoy, untill I wiped my pc. Can't get motioninjoy anymore, website's broken, so now I use a wired Xbox 360.

edit: motioninjoy's website seems to be back now  :D

Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier.

The Green Machine.

Xbox controllers work best for PC, since a lot of games already support it. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

If you want to, you could connect your Wiimote to your PC.

Keyboard and mouse for most games, hotas for flight sims. And an old original xbox controller for very rare occasions such as emulators.

If I had to pick a gaming controller for the PC I'd go with this http://ncix.com/products/?sku=79378 It's got the general xbox 360 controller design, however it also includes a few extra buttons that can be mapped.

You mentioned one of the games you'll be playing is borderlands 2.. I'd say that game should be played with a mouse and keyboard I couldn't imagine beating the game again on a controller. To each their own and it's all about preferences I guess.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

Wired 360 controllers work wonders.

i play gta a lot and i didnt need to do any key remapping, it works amazing when flying choppers than with keyboard/mouse

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

keyboard and mouse for games like Tomb Raider, and have to have a proper force feedback wheel / pedals / shifter etc for racing sims.

only controller i like is the PS3 controller and used to have a PS3 for games like sk8boarding / snowboarding etc. where a pad is good them them games.

got to love Asus components

Wired 360 controllers work wonders.

This pretty much sums it up. I don't think there is a better controller for PC than the X360 ones.

"Save the cheerleader, save the world- Hiro Nakamura

The hero LinusTechTips forum deserves, but not the one it needs.

If you get used to the mouse and keyboard, there's really no reason to play with a controller and trust me after you get used to it you'll prefer it over everything else. I play Assassin's Creed with keyboard and mouse, and it's totally fine. Needless to say Borderlands 2 works best with keyboard and mouse, as do all FPS games.

If I wanted to play with a controller, I'd use the wired Xbox 360 controller, because I have, well had an Xbox 360 and that's the controller I used.

I use for racing games and 2d platformes a controller, and as a lot of people would claim the controller is and essential part of any gamers rig.

Im very happy with my Logitehch F710 wireless controller. Its a great piece of tech as it grabs best of both worlds D-pad and direction buttons from Xbox and stick layout from PS.

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS

Wired MS Xbox 360 controllers are awesome. Theres also a Razer model that looks like the xbox 360 controller, its awesome and has some more features.

Mobo: Asus Maximus Impact VI Processor: Intel 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.22Vlts Memory: 2x8 GB DDR3 1866Mhz GSkill Sniper

VGA: Sapphire HD 7970 3GB OC Audio: Asus Impact Supreme FX SSD: Mushkin Chronos 120GB HDD: WD Black 500GB

Power Supply: Coolermaster V650 Semi Modular Case: Bitfenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i

Keyboard and mouse for shooters.  Xbox 360 controller for racers and whatever else I feel like using it for.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

A good mouse and keyboard is always the way to go, but if you want a controller in your hand than go for a microsoft xbox360 wireless controller, they come with a transmitter (or you could buy one with a cord).
Razer has their own variant but yeah..it still depends on what you're looking for :)

Main:Corsair Obsidian 650D||Corsair AX1200||Asus Rampage IV-E||Intel I7 3930K@4,8Ghz||16GB Corsair Dominator GT 2133C9||Asus GTX680 DCUIITOP SLI||full costum waterloop||Cosair Force GT 240GB||2x2.5" WD Black 750GB
bench; Dimastech bench||Corsair HX750||Asus Maximus IV Gene||Intel I7 2600K@4,5Ghz||8Gb Corsair Dominator GT 1866C9||Asus GTX660Ti||XSPC costum waterloop||Corsair Force 3 120GB||4x2TB HDD
Laptop: Apple Macbook Pro 15" 2012

I use my extra PS3 Dual Shock 3 Controller and using the DS3 Tool to emulate the controller as an Xbox controller. I use it to play games like NFS MW 2012, GTA IV, Hitman Absolution and Tomb Raider 2013 and it works flawlessly on them ;)

Wired 360 controller, plug and play with windows and most games, no configuration necassary.

Guys, I thank you so much for all your suggestions. I will check out all the different items you suggested and try to narrow down what I am wanting/looking for. My fiancee wants to get it for me for my B-Day, which is in August, so I got some time to look around, do some review and price comparing, lol. Again guys, I thank you for all the input, if any questions do come up, I will be for sure to ask the community here. Very good group of people here. Again thanks!

Wyatt Wolfe Jr

Any time..trust me this forum is awesome, and as always you're welcome! And Good Luck! :D (also happy B-day in advance! :> )

I would much rather use a kb + mouse for literally anything apart from maybe side scrollers or racing games.

In that case Logitech have some nice ones but the Xbox 360 is probably your best option as you previously had a Xbox.

Good luck D:

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

I use the Xbox wired controller. It's amazing with the PC, it's basically plug and play. 

I use a ps3 controller if I'm not using keyboard and mouse with MotionJoy if the game only supports the xbox controller

I used a wired 360 controller on the rare occasion I used it over a keyboard and mouse.