LG G Watch phone battery drain

D3LTA9

Not sure how many people are using google wear devices yet and if my issue is limited to just G watches or samsung's wearable as well. But I am almost sure my G watch is killing the battery life of my nexus 5.

I was concerned that this may happen but I also thought that it may be offset given I should have less screen on time and less higher cpu states as I am using my phone less. But seems, at least in my situation, this was not the case.

At the moment I am hardly using my phone as I currently am not at work or spending large amounts of time away from home so generally use my tablet or gaming rig or ultrabook for anything that I may use my phone for in the course of the day. So it is pretty much just sitting beside my bed with maybe only a few sms messages sent a day. But it is absolutely chewing through battery life like I am using it constantly. Even last night while I was asleep I think I lost around 30% but I will check properly tonight.

I have checked and my cpu is sleeping so I dont think its a wake lock but I will also reinstall better battery stats and check more thoroughly what is draining the battery. The standard google battery info just says that google play services is the largest user of battery with screen a bit less.

atm I am sitting at around 25% battery with about 8 hours off charge and less than 20mins screen on time. I havent looked in a while what it normally is as my battery life has been fine but this still seems off.   

anyway just wondering if anyone else is experiencing similar issues? 

Of course it will drain some battery. Bluetooth is pretty shitty.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

turn off syncing on all services in the settings and see if it could be that, turn off data while on wifi or charge your phone at night...

I've had many battery issues on my phone to mostly ,because I was running cyanogenmod and it really messed with my wakelocks and battery and stuff like that, but I went back to a fresh install of touchwiz and now everything works fine again, except for touchwiz being shit and slow as hell

Of course it will drain some battery. Bluetooth is pretty shitty.

turn off syncing on all services in the settings and see if it could be that, turn off data while on wifi or charge your phone at night...

I've had many battery issues on my phone to mostly ,because I was running cyanogenmod and it really messed with my wakelocks and battery and stuff like that, but I went back to a fresh install of touchwiz and now everything works fine again, except for touchwiz being shit and slow as hell

Yeah I realise it is going to use some battery just wasnt prepared for this much and hadnt heard of reviewers complaining about it so and wanted to know if others are experiencing it.

If is just the cost of using a wearable device it may just mean I cannot use it until we get a more low profile sync between the watch and phone or something else that minimises battery drain. tbh I was kinda hoping they would have implemented something like we now have with wifi where you dont need to leave it on all the time for it to use it briefly for more accurate location info. Annoys me having to leave BT on 24/7.

I would normally charge my phone every night, sometimes the next morning at work but this seems like if I actually was using it normally I would only get a couple hours if I am getting this little hardly using it.

Would rather not stop auto syncing if I didnt have to as I normally have everything syncing. 

I also feel you on touchwiz, although I havent had a sammy phone since my s2 now so not such a big deal for me anymore.