Is time an illusion?

SirNumbers

I'm ready to have my brain f**ked with knowledge and perspective.

Fedex Ground must be on Horse back, It took 7 days to go 200 miles

I don't know. Are trees potatoes?

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

"There is no way of knowing if reality actually exists outside of your head." - ?

Kinda relevant, I guess.

Ive had that thought before. during an exam... gotta love the brain

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

I've always thought time doesn't exist as it's just something humans have created to keep track of our existence? A bit like maths, study of numbers but we also invented the numbers themselves?? xD

Its an integral part of space, known as spacetime, making this fabric that encompasses everything for the building blocks to sit apon. Space could not exist or function as we know it without time. But im not a physicist so I encourage you to go watch some cosmos or something to get a loose grasp on the concept.

To the mad man, yes. 

So is the consciousness. Pure illusion apparently. 

We can stop questioning such things because as long as those are valid answers, so is "We could very well be in the Matrix." meaning the reality we perceive doesn't exist, really. We only think it does Matrix style.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Its an integral part of space, known as spacetime. Space could not exist or function as we know it without time. But im not a physicist so I encourage you to go watch some cosmos or something to get a loose grasp on the concept.

I watched through the wormhole with Morgan freeman but got lost in his voice

Yes and no. We know how much time goes on because we have measured it. But your brain is messed up quite a bit. It shuts off your eyes everytime you move them, it has to sync sound and visuals ALL THE TIME. It kind of is an illusion to you. But time does go on at a steady rate.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Yes and no. We know how much time goes on because we have measured it. But your brain is messed up quite a bit. It shuts off your eyes everytime you move them, it has to sync sound and visuals ALL THE TIME. It kind of is an illusion to you. But time does go on at a steady rate.

EDIT read that wrong

I watched through the wormhole with Morgan freeman but got lost in his voice

Teah I couldn't entirely recommend that show, a lot of the topics are just to get views, plus hes not even a physicist. Neil Degrass Tyson just remade Carl Segans Cosmos on FOX. But right now you can get it from other places *cough*.

Shh they can hear you don't question unwritten rules. 

In reality nothing exists. A once created and endless reborn mind is space and timeless. And time is a human measurement to capture the phase of reality that mind is wandering. You should not question it, it's fine at is. You should what is now, because it's already there.

That might be philosophic or too much hypotethical but that's my basic understand. Other space in brain is filled with pancakes.

Bye LTT. That was an interesting journey on this board. At least here you see how not to do it. I'll go shaking my head about this place.

well, time is money, and bills are no illusion so by extension time is not an illusion.

Also we can measure the gravitational effects of mass that does not exist in our observable dimension, thus another dimension exists where time is also a factor but maybe different altogether.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

well, time is money, and bills are no illusion so by extension time is not an illusion.

Also we can measure the gravitational effects of mass that does not exist in our observable dimension, thus another dimension exists where time is also a factor but maybe different altogether.

Not quite correct when your referring to dark matter, just because its not observable directly doesn't mean its in another dimension, but if you want other dimensions go look at string theory.

As for time, physic's shows us it exists

I'm ready to have my brain f**ked with knowledge and perspective.

No, it's a construct humans use to structure life.

NULL

404 Error

Please accept the voucher below

win6.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------

xD Sorry I had to make myself look like a idiot some how.

Not quite correct when your referring to dark matter, just because its not observable directly doesn't mean its in another dimension, but if you want other dimensions go look at string theory.

As for time, physic's shows us it exists

no i'm not, I am referring to the sixth dimensional model of time/space, however I dumbed it down so normal people might get it:

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

no i'm not, I am referring to the sixth dimensional model of time/space, however I dumbed it down so normal people might get it:

one of the many subsets of string theory, but to be picky he doesn't suggest theres unobservable mass, just that gravity can penetrate into the other dimensions, this is usually offered up as a way to explain why gravity is such a weak force compared to the other forces.

All of are equations that can demonstrably be proved correct (such as F=ma, E=mc^2, etc) rely on time existing, therefore it MUST exist in this universe (otherwise you'd have to demonstrate f= ma is false).

However, humans are limited to time as a linear concept. Time as happening all at the same time is very interesting.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

one of the many subsets of string theory, but to be picky he doesn't suggest theres unobservable mass, just that gravity can penetrate into the other dimensions, this is usually offered up as a way to explain why gravity is such a weak force compared to the other forces.

as I said, dumbed down so people might understand it.  This shit even confuses some of the worlds most renown physicist.

You should all watch this, one of the most interesting programs ever aired IMO. 

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

No. Virtual reality is though.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.