Watch Dogs' TheWorse mod final version released

Bloodyvalley

http://www.theworsemod.blogspot.com.ar/2014/07/theworse-mod-10-released.html

This 1.0 version is a pretty minor update over the previous release. It further tweaks the depth-of-field and bloom setting, and fixes a few of the mod's lingering problems. If you're yet to try the upgrades it offers, now's the perfect time to take a look—the mod's as feature complete as it's going to get.

In addition to the main changes, there's also an optional "MaLDo texture" version, which incorporates an Ultra textures fix created by Crysis 2 modder MaLDo. With it, selecting "High" textures will instead provide their Ultra counterparts, but do so without the stuttering experienced by some GPUs with the base game.

Source

Is this like the final middle finger to Ubisoft on this game?

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (9TB partition for general storage + 2TB partition for dumping ground), 4x 8TB WD White Label/Red (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

OptiPlex 7040M

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700, 2x16GB Mushkin Redline (stuck at 2133MHz CL13), 240GB Corsair MP510, 130w Dell power brick, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Is this like the final middle finger to Ubisoft on this game?

I would say so, I can actually run this on high now with my 2GB 770

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

I have yet to play Watchdogs.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

I hate everything about this mod. It is applauded as the E3 graphics unlocker. However nothing is further from the truth:

• The E3 trailer, nor any other, ever shows the game using bokeh dof (depth of field) ingame, as it is an effect only used in weapons scoping and cutscenes. Seriously what is the point of long draw distance and high resolution textures, if it's just blurred away? That's why I see it fit to call it the Mr. Magoo mod, as it makes Aidan (and you) into a shortsightet old man.
  • The agressive bloom has never been in the game.
  • Dynamic shadows from headlights has never been shown in the game (or trailers) and is buggy (would like to see it in the game though).
  • Added rain effect layer on the screen. Looks nicer, but can easily be tweeked in the settingsfile.

All this confusion is a result of people not understanding how computergame development works. When you have a game with dynamic day/night cycles, and dynamic weather effects, like rain, you have to lock them if you are showcasing them, like in the original E3 trailer. This is why there is E3 code in the game:

e3.jpg

Everyone remembers this picture, but did anyone really look at it? It's binary settings for weather, as in "on/off", not as in hidden super effects. It clearly says no rain, no clouds, etc. Well look here:

vlcsnap-00016.png

No rain, no clouds right? So what makes this picture look so good? Besides the steam and wind effects, it is very much a cinematrographically issue. Low hanging sun, drawing long shadows, creating higher overall contrast in light and shadow. This is still in the game, and was never nerfed, but it IS a very specific effect you only see at sunset in the game. What we CAN see in the code above, is that it has been set to windy (for the theater scene). This again still exists in the game, albeit you don't get high wind that often. People really have over exaggerated the entire WD graphics thing.

On another note, notice the map. It has been buffed in graphics in the end game. Looks much nicer in the final version.

If people like bokeh dof, sure go ahead and enjoy this mod. But it IS a mod, not a tweak, as it changes things that was never supposed to be used ingame. So don't use "E3 graphics", or "unlocker" or any other crap when describing this mod please.

So have Watch Dogs been nerfed wince 2012? Perhaps in some cases, when it comes to contrast, and shadows, but really not that much. Everyone knows the problems people have had with too little vram and perhaps in texture fill rate. It is only expected, that some nerfing accures in small areas, where an absolute minority can actually use it ingame (pretty much excludes all nvidia users, sans 780/6gb and titan black users). People really need to get over their Ubisoft bashing; it is way over the top, and is hardly based on fair points and argumentations.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro