Cell Phone Jammers not cool bro...

Socky

So I suspect my school system is using a Cell Phone Jammer and as many people would recall it is illegal. I just want to make sure I'm right that its a cell phone jammer. In school I have 0 bars absolutely nothing, this goes for T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon, and AT&T. So fishy shit going on and this ain't no small town either. This town is neighboring Washington D.C. but anyways. Once I walk out the door of the school I get full bars 4G LTE. Does anyone else think something fishy is going on?

Project Restomod (In progress)

So are you going to sue them :)

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

Either there is some other source of interference/dead spot or a jammer is being used.

Oh and this isn't just my school. Its every public school/office in my town.

my school had one too, so i shut down their servers because they're a bunch of nazi fuckwits and i hate them to death

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

if you only dont get bars in the buildings that's normal most schools have very thick walls and if the single is weak to begin with then yea it would make sense.  i when to a church camp and they had a jammer but it was nothing like BAM you have bars it was very iffy, you needed to go as far away as you could from the center of the camp and you would sometimes get one bar.  The reason i think it was a jammer was because they wanted us to buy some album from this bad and BAM everyone had full bars and 4G so yea...

if you only dont get bars in the buildings that's normal most schools have very thick walls and if the single is weak to begin with then yea it would make sense. i when to a church camp and they had a jammer but it was nothing like BAM you have bars it was very iffy, you needed to go as far away as you could from the center of the camp and you would sometimes get one bar. The reason i think it was a jammer was because they wanted us to buy some album from this bad and BAM everyone had full bars and 4G so yea...

I'm next to a window and have no service...

wow, your schools are harsh. we have wifi all thoughout the school.

Lol we have WiFi but the part I'm mad about is that I can't call or text which is why it is illegal

Lol we have WiFi but the part I'm mad about is that I can't call or text which is why it is illegal

heres the question, can you stand right outside the building and still lose service? because the jammer if it exists will extended past the walls. it wont magically stop at the walls perfectly. so if your outside, and its still no service, then the building itself causing the interference is out of the question.

is the building mutiple stories? my old middle school was a complete deadzone because of this. didnt help it was already in a somewhat rural area

I'm next to a window and have no service...

It's probably a jammer if you are that close to a window. Cell phone signals can still penetrate windows, I believe.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

heres the question, can you stand right outside the building and still lose service? because the jammer if it exists will extended past the walls. it wont magically stop at the walls perfectly. so if your outside, and its still no service, then the building itself causing the interference is out of the question.

is the building mutiple stories? my old middle school was a complete deadzone because of this. didnt help it was already in a somewhat rural area

Just barely use it gets like a bar but I move like 10 meters away and bam all bars

So I suspect my school system is using a Cell Phone Jammer and as many people would recall it is illegal. I just want to make sure I'm right that its a cell phone jammer. In school I have 0 bars absolutely nothing, this goes for T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon, and AT&T. So fishy shit going on and this ain't no small town either. This town is neighboring Washington D.C. but anyways. Once I walk out the door of the school I get full bars 4G LTE. Does anyone else think something fishy is going on?

It was the same for the most part at my school, but I knew it wasn't because near a window it was fine... Probably just a lot of concrete.

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

if you only dont get bars in the buildings that's normal most schools have very thick walls and if the single is weak to begin with then yea it would make sense.  i when to a church camp and they had a jammer but it was nothing like BAM you have bars it was very iffy, you needed to go as far away as you could from the center of the camp and you would sometimes get one bar.  The reason i think it was a jammer was because they wanted us to buy some album from this bad and BAM everyone had full bars and 4G so yea...

Sure 4G doesn't have the greatest penetration because it's the lower ISM band but the thick concrete walls hold in the jammer signal well because it's the same band but at a MUCH lower power/gain so when you walk outside it's fine which is a good thing in their case so your only limiting use inside the school but it's still very illegal.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Sure 4G doesn't have the greatest penetration because it's the lower ISM band but the thick concrete walls hold in the jammer signal well because it's the same band but at a MUCH lower power/gain so when you walk outside it's fine which is a good thing in their case so your only limiting use inside the school but it's still very illegal.

yea, but they could have permission form the city...

yea, but they could have permission form the city...

Needs to be the FCC but I highly doubt they'd allow it, it's for police in bomb threat situations.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Needs to be the FCC but I highly doubt they'd allow it, it's for police in bomb threat situations.

Exactly, why the hell did they think it was a good idea to block phones? Its the dumbest thing I know of. Like what if there is an emergency? Oh let me just walk does three flights of stairs and 150 yards to get outside and make a call. Its cool.

Exactly, why the hell did they think it was a good idea to block phones? Its the dumbest thing I know of. Like what if there is an emergency? Oh let me just walk does three flights of stairs and 150 yards to get outside and make a call. Its cool.

I get full bars at my high school. They let us use phones for work and sometimes for music.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I get full bars at my high school. They let us use phones for work and sometimes for music.

Some teachers at my school allow it but there's like no point because you can't text cuz there's no service

Bear with me. Your school is NOT using a jammer. Your school know well of the stipulations that would occur if it was known that they were using jammars. Next thing you'd hear is on the liberal media is "XYZ Public School is jamming emergency cellphone calls". As a communications technician in the USAF, I can assure you that the cause is EMI, or Electromagentic Interference. There is definitely some device(s) that are emitting EM waves. These devices may be things such as computers, radios, AC units, TVs, etc. Any device that emits on the frequency multiplier of 300MHz is subject to interference with cellular radios, this is called frequency harmonics.

Since this is the Internet™, let the flame war begin.