New xbox revealed, glorified DVR.

Yeah I agree the physical looks are less appealing to a gamer.   I do mostly PC gaming though and I have barely got the hang of my 360.  Actually, it was a year before I bought any games for it.  I mean we (mostly my kids) played the games that came with the console.  And these weren't the nice "bundled" games.   Anyway, I do like DVRs though but I already have one. :)

Sony seems to have always been nicer at performance and looks but also always much more costly than XBOX and that other one from Japan, Nin...something.  heh

Bottom line for me is that I am years from upgrading from my Xbox 360 and I already have a DVR so I'm hoping the next generation after this One will be better.  ;)

Computer enthusiast, Network Consultant - 16+ years experience - Associates Degree in Electronics - 1996 - CompTIA A+ certification - 2000 - Bachelor's Degree of Information Technology - 2010

In all honesty though, safe bet in pre ordering and offloading before xmas for profit though. 

Main Rig: i5 760 @ 4.0GHZ Asus p7p55d-e, 8GB Corsair Vengance @ 1600 Mhz. Samsung BX2231 X 3 (5760x1080)

EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked +150/+500, 128GB Crucial M4, 1TB WD Black

Xonar DX, AudioEngine A2, Astro Mixamp, AudioTechnica ath-m50 & ath-ad700

The conference in a nutshell

Seems legit...

~meOw! Σ:3

A DVR is a digital video recorder.. This just is a passthru.. No recording at all.

Asrock has this feature in their new x87 mobos in June.

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

All these people complaining about looks.  This will look so much nicer with my other home theatre equipment than all the other consoles I own (wii, ps3, 360).  It will look fantastic with everything else.  Whoever thought it was a good idea to have a rounded top on the ps3 should be fired.  Square edges, flat surfaces is what you want.

Among the best comments i read so far that sums up my thoughts really, which was posted on a youtube video:

So Microsoft is neglecting the gaming sector (which is proven to be the fastest growing entertainment sector) to go down the route of cable and TV which is starting to be replaced by consoles and Website streaming?

The only good thing about the xbox ONE (what a retarded name, get the concept that it is the one central area for your entertainment needs, but still really stupid), is that it will help make better games for PC thanks to the new generation.

If i were to buy a console, PS4 would get my money, they focus on gaming which is what i purchased the console for primarily.

Among the best comments i read so far that sums up my thoughts really, which was posted on a youtube video:

The only good thing about the xbox ONE (what a retarded name, get the concept that it is the one central area for your entertainment needs, but still really stupid), is that it will help make better games for PC thanks to the new generation.

If i were to buy a console, PS4 would get my money, they focus on gaming which is what i purchased the console for primarily.

Microsoft is waiting for E3 to unveil a lot of the games.  The reveal today was mostly about the new console's features outside of games.  I do not get how this is not understood by people.  Would you rather them go through a bunch of games and spend very little time on everything else the console offers at this reveal, then go to E3 and see all of the same games?  Save the games for E3 where there will be tons of eyes and coverage on them.

Microsoft is waiting for E3 to unveil a lot of the games.  The reveal today was mostly about the new console's features outside of games.  I do not get how this is not understood by people.  Would you rather them go through a bunch of games and spend very little time on everything else the console offers at this reveal, then go to E3 and see all of the same games?  Save the games for E3 where there will be tons of eyes and coverage on them.

They didn't show off many games yes, but they also didn't announce much about games at all. The only news I've heard about the system's game-related features are all either cool cloud-based things (which few seem to be talking about for some reason, they seem neat though not quite on the scale of the PS4 in terms of deep integration and social networking) or stuff that only got mentioned because they held a Q&A afterward, the latter having good reason because they were pretty much overwhelmingly negative (though not as bad as speculated).

We'll see how things develop though.

I honestly think that this is going to fail big time. For about 2 years I have speculated that a new generation of consoles were imminent and in those two years I have been in conversation with many of my friends who say what's wrong with the current generation of consoles. I don't feel the need for a console because I have an awesome desktop, an LG Google TV and a nice laptop. All of which take care of my gaming and entertainment needs. Just like the PS3 or the Xbox 360 takes care of their needs too. So why upgrade if you are satisfied with what you have? Even though my friends have seen my PC and played on it and seen the graphics and the eye candy, they still are satisfied. Microsoft has to make a good argument for someone to upgrade and the argument is going to be planned obsolescence.  

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

They didn't show off many games yes, but they also didn't announce much about games at all. The only news I've heard about the system's game-related features are all either cool cloud-based things (which few seem to be talking about for some reason, they seem neat though not quite on the scale of the PS4 in terms of deep integration and social networking) or stuff that only got mentioned because they held a Q&A afterward, the latter having good reason because they were pretty much overwhelmingly negative (though not as bad as speculated).

We'll see how things develop though.

15 Exclusives, 8 being new IPs, within the first year.  Thats is pretty big, no?

15 Exclusives, 8 being new IPs, within the first year.  Thats is pretty big, no?

Apparently not since all I've heard about is EA Sports and CoD. I didn't actually watch the whole 5 hour thing, so if they announced 8 new IPs nobody seems to care about any of them.

lol xbox IS the next Watercooler 

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Apparently not since all I've heard about is EA Sports and CoD. I didn't actually watch the whole 5 hour thing, so if they announced 8 new IPs nobody seems to care about any of them.

The games have not been announced yet (they will most likely be at E3, you know, the event where a lot of games are announced), other than a few (Quantum Break, Forza V).  The reveal was also only an hour long.  Keep on the uninformed hate bandwagon though.  Whatever, you guys will forget about all of this once E3 comes anyways, you only have the attention span to hate on something for a few days.

Fair enough, guess we will have to wait for E3 to see that the new IPs and games.

HTC should do an apple and sue them because of the name 'one'

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

Playing devil's advocate here. NES stood for "Nintendo Entertainment System" so it's not like avoiding calling it a game console is a new thing...

Yea, thats true. You just get the feeling when they are referring to the console they are really trying to avoid calling it a game console, like they don't really want it to play games. At least that's the impression I get when they talk about TV channels, sport networks etc. for 30* minutes of the conference.       

Haha, exactly my thoughts. :D I can see where you're coming from though DvD92, it seems they have pretty much ignored that most of these services are only available in the US (maybe Canada as well, I really have no idea).

Most of the features they are showing are never coming to Norway where I live. 

Anyways it does not really matter what I think since they are probably going to get my money... Sony are too...  

I hope they can pull off incredible things with kinect and illumi-room (as well as any other unique human interface ideas). Otherwise, I'll stick to my PC which can pull off a better gaming experience anyways.

Well with Sony owning all the UHD content, at least you have the possibility of getting some benefits from that. 

Main Rig: i5 760 @ 4.0GHZ Asus p7p55d-e, 8GB Corsair Vengance @ 1600 Mhz. Samsung BX2231 X 3 (5760x1080)

EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked +150/+500, 128GB Crucial M4, 1TB WD Black

Xonar DX, AudioEngine A2, Astro Mixamp, AudioTechnica ath-m50 & ath-ad700

At first I hoped I could buy a Xbox One, there are awesome exclusives to be released. But the DRM/always-on thing crushed my hopes into pieces. Let's see what Sony does

144Hz goodness