H100i - 8c to 38c - What happened?

So when i first installed my H100i, my cpu temperature maxed out at around the 23c with the prime 95 torture tests. (after an hour)

Even after a few weeks, the temperature at idle was still 8c and when running a game it was around  20 (after an hour.)

Now, i understand that the ambiant temperature in my room is a little higher now that it is summer. In fact, my room is around the 25~30c right now.

However, even at idle, my cpu runs at around 38c.

It has been around 10 months since i built the pc.

Has the thermal paste died?

Is this normal?

(I have gradually noticed the temperature increase over the months. Not just in one single day or anything.)

time for new thermal paste?

Icy Dimond 7? O.o

Have you changed the thermal paste ever?

Normal

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Well I used to have a Havik 140 on my 4670K, and I got about the same temps, so I don't think anything is the problem. What was the average ambient temperature when you were getting 8oC ide and 23oC in Prime95!!!!??? That's insane!!!

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

There's no way you had a 23 degree temp running prime95.

Well I doubt it with a H100i maybe cooled with liquid nitrogen but not an AIO

As others have said, no way you were getting 23C with Prime95 running.  Your temps can't be lower than ambient anyway. 

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

23C with prime running.. There is definitely an error somewhere. 

So, it was most likely an error with the temperature ratings?

I thought it was a bit low. I thought at first it was to do with the components being icy cold asthey tend to be in the post. But after an hour or so, the temperature was around the 23c mark.

Either way, i was expecting my current Idle temperatures to be lower.

The thermal paste has never been changed on it since it is less than a year old.

I keep the radiator clean as a whistle.

What are you using to check temps? Please don't say Asus AI SUITE 3.. Its the biggest lie since makeup was made. It says my CPU is running at 37C when I am running prime 95 when in face it is close to the 63's

What are you using to check temps? Please don't say Asus AI SUITE 3.. Its the biggest lie since makeup was made. It says my CPU is running at 37C when I am running prime 95 when in face it is close to the 63's

It was speccy but i just use Corsair Link now.

(might be reading the wrong number? My corsair has like 3 different temperatures. One at the cpu, One on the pump and one on the radiator.)

So, it was most likely an error with the temperature ratings?

I thought it was a bit low. I thought at first it was to do with the components being icy cold asthey tend to be in the post. But after an hour or so, the temperature was around the 23c mark.

Either way, i was expecting my current Idle temperatures to be lower.

The thermal paste has never been changed on it since it is less than a year old.

I keep the radiator clean as a whistle.

You should change the thermal paste every 1 to 2 months

You should change the thermal paste every 1 to 2 months

Should? Uhh why would you want to change it that often? I have been running the stock TIM that came with my AIO for over 5 months now without any change in performance. 

Who told you this rubbish?

My best mates older brother he built a system about 4 months ago and he told me to change it every month every 2 at the most that's what he does

So... should i replace my thermal paste at somepoint or just leave it be? Wait until summer is over and check again? :-)

My best mates older brother he built a system about 4 months ago and he told me to change it every month every 2 at the most that's what he does

Haha well your mates brother is very very wrong.

he is a moron you don't even need to change it every 2 years, some of the better compounds will last longer than 5 years.

So... should i replace my thermal paste at somepoint or just leave it be? Wait until summer is over and check again? :-)

I would say just keep it for now. 

Should? Uhh why would you want to change it that often? I have been running the stock TIM that came with my AIO for over 5 months now without any change in performance.

What?  Bs man. Im calling you out right now :-)

Haha well your mates brother is very very wrong.

he is a moron you don't even need to change it every 2 years, some of the better compounds will last longer than 5 years.

Don't shoot the messenger it's what I was told so it's what I believe

Don't shoot the messenger it's what I was told so it's what I believe

Even so, you could have applied a bit of common sense/personal experience on the matter.

If I told you grapes grew underground, would you believe me?

On topic: Like everyone else has been saying, it's most likely sensor errors

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

Even so, you could have applied a bit of common sense/personal experience on the matter.

If I told you grapes grew underground, would you believe me?

On topic: Like everyone else has been saying, it's most likely sensor errors

GRAPES GROW UNDERGROUND! :o I KNEW IT

GRAPES GROW UNDERGROUND! :o I KNEW IT

IKR IT'S AMAZING THAT THEY CAN STILL STAY SO SOFT WITHOUT GETTING CRUSHED!

HOW AMAZING NATURE IS

Home is where the heart my desktop is.