Doing a fresh Install of Windows 8

Hi guys,

I have ordered a new CPU and SSD (FX-8320 and EVO 840 250GB, for anyone who's interested) and I want to do a fresh install of Windows 8 onto the SSD. I currently have a 500GB HDD in the computer which I will wipe.

It is a gaming PC primarily so none of the data needs to be carried over to the new install and I want the new install to be completely new.

My main question is whether I will just be able to enter my windows license key again and it work fine or do I need to do something else first.

I'm also wondering if anyone could tell me how to format and wipe my other HDD.

Thanks

Slippy

Enter your key and it should work fine, if it doesn't work, just call the number that appears on the screen and activate by phone, it only takes a few minutes.

There are many ways to format a HDD. I'd say one of the simplest and easiest ways to do it is to connect the drive to a computer as a secondary drive (not boot drive), and then just simply format it in windows.

There are many ways to format a HDD. I'd say one of the simplest and easiest ways to do it is to connect the drive to a computer as a secondary drive (not boot drive), and then just simply format it in windows.

Thanks for the speedy reply. Would the method of formatting the HDD work if I plugged it in as a secondary drive in my main pc after I install windows on my SSD?

Enter your key and it should work fine, if it doesn't work, just call the number that appears on the screen and activate by phone, it only takes a few minutes.

So it should work anyway even though I used it on the original activation on the HDD?

Thanks for the speedy reply. Would the method of formatting the HDD work if I plugged it in as a secondary drive in my main pc after I install windows on my SSD?

Yes it should, just make sure that you boot from a different drive, your SSD for example.