Best Flight simulator

angrylemon

so im planning on building a flight simulator (training to become a pilot with the Air Force) and was wondering whats a good flight simulator software, i have microsoft flight sim but are there any other good ones?

Battlefield 3 lolololololol

BF3/4 if you can fly a jet well in BF your overly qualified irl lol

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

BF3/4 if you can fly a jet well in BF your overly qualified irl lol

haahha i wish

I've heard good things about X-Plane.

Lol, that thing is a PoS. Especially the menus.

Sad thing is that FSX is still the best if you can stomach spending horrendous amounts of money modding it.

Now that I think about it, it's exactly like Star Citizen with people spending that kind of money. Oh wait, we got something in return. :P

FSX!

Lol, that thing is a PoS. Especially the menus.

Sad thing is that FSX is still the best if you can stomach spending horrendous amounts of money modding it.

Now that I think about it, it's exactly like Star Citizen with people spending that kind of money. Oh wait, we got something in return. :P

FSX!

FSX runs just fine with an i3, GT330 and 4 gigs of RAM.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

FSX runs just fine with an i3, GT330 and 4 gigs of RAM.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the amazing performance.

so im planning on building a flight simulator (training to become a pilot with the Air Force) and was wondering whats a good flight simulator software, i have microsoft flight sim but are there any other good ones?

The best simulator at this time is Prepar3d. It's essentially FSX, but Microsoft sold the source code to Lockheed Martin whom updated it to 64bit and are still continuing to update it. It includes more aircraft, including a range of fighter jets (also tanks and ships. Not sure why) and fully supports FSX mods so if you have already purchased mods or dlc for fsx it is compatible. I believe they have 3 tiers from, from home desktop user to 'I own a Boeing 737'.

http://www.prepar3d.com/

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

LH Martin bought FSX off MS a while ago to modify for their purposes. http://www.prepar3d.com/

At least the price went down. All they had to do was knock off a zero.. It's just FSX with the ocean. At least add-ons natively work, which is a bad thing given the poor rendering engine.

P3D is still more expensive than FSX. Most developers haven't really made their add-ons for it yet. FSX is currently the best flight simulator on the market if you want add-ons. Xplane has better performance, but it doesn't have as much add-ons as FSX.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

P3D is still more expensive than FSX. Most developers haven't really made their add-ons for it yet. FSX is currently the best flight simulator on the market if you want add-ons. Xplane has better performance, but it doesn't have as much add-ons as FSX.

The addons for X-plane are pretty terrible too. I've never seen so many low quality models and liveries.

I don't think $60 is that bad especially as it now supports 64bit and runs a lot better. That's how much people pay for new console games. And since being modified it's better targeted at pro pilots.

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

Depending on the plane, I would say it is in the DCS series. DCS world itself is free, the best jet you can get it the A-10C, you can get an F-15C as well but that one doesn't have a clickable cockpit.

Here is their site 

The 2 planes that are free those are the P-51D (fully modelled) and Su-25T. (the SU-25T doesn't have an interact-able cockpit, just like the F-15C)

EDIT: If you want the A-10C I would recommend getting it on steam. Here

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

Heard good things about this:

http://www.virtualpilot3d.com/

Here's a nice little blog with a bunch.

http://bestflightsimulatordownload.blogspot.ch/

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

Prepar3d isn't expensive, when I was a member of some flight sim forums years ago a lot of people talked about getting the Student licence, which is the cheapest option of them all.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300