Fractal R4 watercooling

I'm thinking about liquid cooling my R4, but I'm not sure how I want to do it yet. Post a pic of yours and give me some ideas on what things can fit!

Please

STEAM NAME: JewishBacon GPU  Sapphire dual x R9 280x OC edition CPU core i7 4770k stock speed COOLER H100i  CASE Fractal R4 Window Black  MOBO MSI gd-65 gaming Storage 1TB WD Blue drive, 1TB Samsung 7200 rpm, 120 GB OCZ SSD, 64 GB WD Blue ssd  RAM 12 GB @ 1600 Ghz kingston RAM  MiscNZXT HUE, disk read/write, 2x 21 inch 1920x1080 monitors   

from your spec, yes it can be done, whether you'll be happy with the results

would be another to discuss.

a CPU loop would be easy-peasey. CPU/GPU doable, CPU/2xGPU, now we

are getting tough, CPU/2xGPU overclocked is not going to be a happy end.

2x 240x 60 can handle the CPU/GPU loop just fine with low rpm fan speeds

for cooling and quietness. can even have overclocking on both. but the R4

doesn't like roof rads above 45mm, unless some roof modding is done. like

it's brethren, the arc midi the R4 doesn't have offset mounting to clear RAM,

h'sinks with thicker radiators.

honestly, CPU/2xGPU overclocked needs 360x 60 and 240x 60 radiators to

make it a suitable build for cooling and noise level tolerance. the R4 does

not have those capabilities without gutting the chassis and HDD support is

nil and you'll loose the ODD bays for your HUE.

total cost involved for water cooling $700USD+

Sounds like I should go with the kraken g10 then. Oh well, I kinda wanted a helix res in my system

from your spec, yes it can be done, whether you'll be happy with the results

would be another to discuss.

a CPU loop would be easy-peasey. CPU/GPU doable, CPU/2xGPU, now we

are getting tough, CPU/2xGPU overclocked is not going to be a happy end.

2x 240x 60 can handle the CPU/GPU loop just fine with low rpm fan speeds

for cooling and quietness. can even have overclocking on both. but the R4

doesn't like roof rads above 45mm, unless some roof modding is done. like

it's brethren, the arc midi the R4 doesn't have offset mounting to clear RAM,

h'sinks with thicker radiators.

honestly, CPU/2xGPU overclocked needs 360x 60 and 240x 60 radiators to

make it a suitable build for cooling and noise level tolerance. the R4 does

not have those capabilities without gutting the chassis and HDD support is

nil and you'll loose the ODD bays for your HUE.

total cost involved for water cooling $700USD+

STEAM NAME: JewishBacon GPU  Sapphire dual x R9 280x OC edition CPU core i7 4770k stock speed COOLER H100i  CASE Fractal R4 Window Black  MOBO MSI gd-65 gaming Storage 1TB WD Blue drive, 1TB Samsung 7200 rpm, 120 GB OCZ SSD, 64 GB WD Blue ssd  RAM 12 GB @ 1600 Ghz kingston RAM  MiscNZXT HUE, disk read/write, 2x 21 inch 1920x1080 monitors   

Sounds like I should go with the kraken g10 then. Oh well, I kinda wanted a helix res in my system

not saying it can't be done, google images has a lot of done builds, just depends

on your budget, expectations and skill level on a project like this.

a H100i in the roof for the CPU and 2x G10 mounted in the front for the GPUs.

@airdeano I only have 1 gpu. It's just called a dual x haha. I was thinking my h100i on the roof and either a 140mm rad/g10 on the front intake.

*Either a 140mm or 240mm rad*

@d33g33. You Sir. Have a very nice build. Would you mind pointing out where your rads and things are?

Helix res you say?

Any opportunity to leave this picture around :)

a8rwSsD.jpg

Since I doubt you'll gimme your R4, give me your window panel at the very least please :(.

OP, I'd say go for a 120mm radiator in the front (you can't attatch 140mm/280mm radiators in the front without drilling holes) of your case (a thick one if possible) as that means less restrictive airflow for your H100i if you put it in the roof and if you ever want to sli/cf then you have the option to aio cool that as-well. Even with a single 120mm radiator you'll hit into stability problems before temp issues. I'd recommend going with a thicker style radiator (like the h80i) and run the fans at 7v).

@fringie why not a 120X240 in the front?

@fringie why not a 120X240 in the front?

I assume you mean a 240mm long radiator..? I already said why.. You don't need a 240 for a single graphics card.. If you go for a 120 if you want to add in another graphics card later you will have the option to watercool it as well whereas if you went for a 240 and a 240 for your cpu then you wouldn't really be able to watercool the second graphics card easily.

@d33g33 that is quite possibly the nicest looking build in one of these ive ever seen.  I have a few questions though:

1) what is the piece on top of the case? it looks really cool and looks like a great place to hide a rad or some fans.

2)where did all your wires go man? ha

I assume you mean a 240mm long radiator..? I already said why.. You don't need a 240 for a single graphics card.. If you go for a 120 if you want to add in another graphics card later you will have the option to watercool it as well whereas if you went for a 240 and a 240 for your cpu then you wouldn't really be able to watercool the second graphics card easily.

The way I interpret what you just typed is:

for single GPU 2X 240mm rads

for dual gpu: 240 and 120mm rads.

Maybe I don't get what you're saying, but that makes no sense to me.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

@d33g33 that is quite possibly the nicest looking build in one of these ive ever seen. I have a few questions though:

1) what is the piece on top of the case? it looks really cool and looks like a great place to hide a rad or some fans.

2)where did all your wires go man? ha

1. It's a Koolance radiator shroud

2. Wiring wasn't complete as the 2nd photo was during build process. There's plenty of wires, trust me.