Well another shield broke for the same reasons + a smaller internal storage?

meritmaster

Received my shield, but with only 12.56 GB on my shield when starting it up.

Does anyone know after a factory reset how much memory is present, as this is because Nivdia is saying that this is normal, but i seem to remember having 13 GB at some point on one of my many replacement shields.

I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.

~Abraham Lincoln

In times when we are on the brink of destruction, war, and loosing ourselves, let's remember a basic fundamental element of love, forgiveness, and understanding; God bless!

12.56 is normal, mine has 12.6.

How do you keep breaking them BTW?

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

12.56 is normal, mine has 12.6.

How do you keep breaking them BTW?

I don't keep breaking, as they come broken, and the break in a matter of days, as the screw falls out easily.

A Josh, of who works @ Nivdia keeps giving me shitty device on purpose, and in hope that my warranty runs out, so i would be left out cold on my 250 dollars; nivdia is a shit company, and no one higher up gets back to you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAo5GgaJmsA

~Abraham Lincoln

In times when we are on the brink of destruction, war, and loosing ourselves, let's remember a basic fundamental element of love, forgiveness, and understanding; God bless!

I don't keep breaking, as they come broken, and the break in a matter of days, as the screw falls out easily.

A Josh, of who works @ Nivdia keeps giving me shitty device on purpose, and in hope that my warranty runs out, so i would be left out cold on my 250 dollars; nivdia is a shit company, and no one higher up gets back to you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAo5GgaJmsA

For my experience, it has been the complete opposite, so one cannot judge a company solely off of their own experiences, although I understand that you're mad.

I can easily say that because I recieved a dead Athlon X4 750K, RMA'd it and recieved one that was not that much better (which I did), that AMD are a shit company.

Naming names is a bit low though.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

For my experience, it has been the complete opposite, so one cannot judge a company solely off of their own experiences, although I understand that you're mad.

I can easily say that because I recieved a dead Athlon X4 750K, RMA'd it and recieved one that was not that much better (which I did), that AMD are a shit company.

Naming names is a bit low though.

"For my experience, it has been the complete opposite, so one cannot judge a company solely off of their own experiences, although I understand that you're mad."

It would be different if Nivdia took care of their customers, and owned up to their responsibility, but all people i have come in contact to have been completely incompetent, and ignorant.

Nivdia also does not stand behind their products, and warranty; the warranty is suppose to guarantee that product to last at least a year, but yet i have had multiple failing units, and have received nothing but disrespect from anyone i have talked to from that company. I'm also not the only individual having the specific issue, and frustration.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/571245/stripped-screw/?offset=28

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2421481

I've heard of this screw problem multiple times, and now i'm even receiving units with a broken HDMI port.

When i ask about why this is happening, I am usually told that "Don't worry sir, it doesn't matter we will send you another replacement, and don't stress; these replacements units are solid units worthy of a warranty", and won't tell you sorry, or give you answers on why

this problem is happening, nor do they replace the 1 year warranty, of which is more than halfway up, and approaching in November; i have barley been able to use the device that i spent more than half my paycheck on. 

"I can easily say that because I recieved a dead Athlon X4 750K, RMA'd it and recieved one that was not that much better (which I did), that AMD are a shit company."

What if they did that six times, and treated you like shit?

"Naming names is a bit low though."

His forum name is Josh; how is this low? I think not standing by your product is pretty low, and especially when you won't give up a refund. 

~Abraham Lincoln

"For my experience, it has been the complete opposite, so one cannot judge a company solely off of their own experiences, although I understand that you're mad."

It would be different if Nivdia took care of their customers, and owned up to their responsibility, but all people i have come in contact to have been completely incompetent, and ignorant. Nivdia also does not stand behind their products, and warranty; the warranty is

suppose to guarantee that product to last at least a year, but yet i have had multiple failing units, and have received nothing but disrespect from anyone i have talked to from that company. I'm also not the only individual having the specific issue, and frustration.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/571245/stripped-screw/?offset=28

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2421481

I've heard of this screw problem multiple times, and now i'm even receiving units with a broken HDMI port.

When i ask about why this is happening, I am usually told that "Don't worry sir, it doesn't matter we will send you another replacement, and don't stress; these replacements units are solid units worthy of a warranty", and won't tell you sorry, or give you answers on why

this problem is happening, nor do they replace the 1 year warranty, of which is more than halfway up, and approaching in November; i have barley been able to use the device that i spent more than half my paycheck on. 

"I can easily say that because I recieved a dead Athlon X4 750K, RMA'd it and recieved one that was not that much better (which I did), that AMD are a shit company."

What if they did that six times, and treated you like shit?

"Naming names is a bit low though."

His forum name is Josh; how is this low? I think not standing by your product is pretty low, and especially when you won't give up a refund. 

I don't believe that he would be doing this intentionally, seeing as he has no reason to.

And where is proof of this "disrespect"? And of all of this other stuff. I wouldn't be able to even begin to judge the situation at hand without proof.

Even if, naming his name is just stooping down to whatever level you would place this man on.