Is this a good PC build?

Typho

So my budget is max 780€ (maybe theoretically 800€) and this build will cost me around 773,5€

I want to know your guys honest opinions what you would recommend for a PC build under 800€.

Starting with the

Case: Corsair Carbide 200R Tower no PSU, Black ATX (comes with 2 case fan) =  53,055 €

Motherboard: Asrock H87 PRO4 LGA 1150 - ATX motherboard (For Intel LGA 1150 processors , Celeron/Pentium/i3/i5/i7) = 74,90€

Processor: Intel Core i5-4690K 3,5Ghz (- 3,9 Ghz) Socket 1150 Boxed = 188,95 €

Graphics Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 270X OC DUAL-X 2GB DDR5 2xDVI HDMI DisplayPort Full Retail PCIe = 172,95€

Memory(RAM): Crucial BallistiX Sport kit 2x4GB DDR3 1600 MHz  = 64,755 €

Hard drive: Seagate Barracuda Desktop HDD 1TB 7200rpm 64MB 3.5" SATA-3  = 46,755€

Power Supply: Corsair CX500W V2 CX-series 500W ATX-Power Supply = 60,90€

Operating System: Windows Microsoft 8.1 - OEM - 64bit = 99,90€

TOTAL = 761,64 + delivery fee 6,90€ + other web store delivery fee 4,95€( I came to this decision, because some parts were cheaper on the other store and I calculated that this was a better way to save some money)

If you are thinking what are those prices, for example the case price. Which is 53,055 €, it is because it's on "special" component sale -10% and it originally costs 58,95€.

Parts which are on "special" sale - 10% are Crucial BallistiX, Corsair Carbide 200R and Seagate Barracuda 1TB.

(The other parts in this build are also on sale)

So guys feel free give advices and comment +  your own way of thinking to build a computer for less than 780€

(What GPU/CPU should I use and so on...) 

Note: The price may be little bit off, because the website calculates the price in a different way( Or I have made errors with calculatorXD)

+ I want to be sure so does this work? ;) + Please say if I am missing something relevant.

I am living in Finland, but don't be shy to recommend components which you think are good.

Off-topic: What could happen with non-compatible RAM?

I have an Optical Drive at home and Wlan-Card so I won't be needing those.

Thanks in advance guys!

Off-topic: I was too lazy to put some pictures here, because the product details are in finnish only)

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many" - Hachiman Hikigaya

the only problem i personally have with it is the 8GB RAM, but other than that it's a nice PC

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

the only problem i personally have with it is the 8GB RAM, but other than that it's a nice PC

8GB is fine for gaming, and most other stuff.

Do NOT use an H87 motherboard with a "K" series CPU. Make sure you use Z87 or Z97.

Or use a Non-K CPU if you don't plan on overclocking.

Edit: If you look on Ebay you can find R9 280s and 290s incredibly cheap, though they are probably used. I felt like I should throw that in here.

I'm that guy with the GPD Win.

It would be better getting a Z97 motherboard for that CPU, you will be able to use it out of the box and you will have the ability to overclock. Also, if your budget allows it, get an R9 280 instead of the 270x, it will be much better for the price.

Here's a cheap Windows key: Microsoft Windows 8 Professional 32/64 Bit CD-KEY GLOBAL - Buy cheap - G2A.COM

Otherwise, it will be a nice build.

Potatoes are good for your nostrils.

8GB is fine for gaming, and most other stuff.

not for me

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

yeah im with Legacy on this one, id also try for an ASUS or Gigabyte board if you can find one in your price target. Asus especially has amazing customer service and no questions asked replacement when ive delt with them. for example i made the mistake of using a Kingwin PSU and it fried every part in my computer except the ssd's and mechanical drives and ASUS replaced the motherboard even though it was 8months past their 3year warranty.

Do NOT use an H87 motherboard with a "K" series CPU. Make sure you use Z87 or Z97.

What he said :) either you can save 15-20€ by getting the non-K version of that CPU or spend 10-15€ more and get something like a ASRock Z87M Pro4

Desktop:     Core i7-9700K @ 5.1GHz all-core = ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate = 16GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @ 3600MHz = Asus ROG Strix 3060ti (non LHR) = Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 SSD = ASUS PG279Q

Notebook:  Clevo P651RG-G = Core i7 6820HK = 16GB HyperX Impact DDR4 2133MHz = GTX 980M = 1080p IPS G-Sync = Samsung SM951 256GB M.2 SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD

yeah im with Legacy on this one, id also try for an ASUS or Gigabyte board if you can find one in your price target. Asus especially has amazing customer service and no questions asked replacement when ive delt with them. for example i made the mistake of using a Kingwin PSU and it fried every part in my computer except the ssd's and mechanical drives and ASUS replaced the motherboard even though it was 8months past their 3year warranty.

Which one should I pick? Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 Intel Z97 LGA 1150 ATX-motherboard good or Asus Z87-K Intel Z87 LGA 1150 ATX-motherboard.

Honestly I would like to go with the Gigabyte, because it's only 10 € more than the Asrock motherboard. Asus Z87 is priced 99,90€

Which one should I pick? Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 Intel Z97 LGA 1150 ATX-motherboard good or Asus Z87-K Intel Z87 LGA 1150 ATX-motherboard.

Honestly I would like to go with the Gigabyte, because it's only 10 € more than the Asrock motherboard. Asus Z87 is priced 99,90€

Well I found one Asrock Z87(89,90€), but it's Pro3 and it's priced little bit over Gigabyte(84,90€) 

What is the difference between the motherboards here, is it that the Z87 and Z97 are better in overclocking

or is it that the Asrock H87 is not compatible with the overclocking at all?

Edit: If you look on Ebay you can find R9 280s and 290s incredibly cheap, though they are probably used. I felt like I should throw that in here.

Well the truth is that I was planning on using a different GPU, but this one was only 10€ more and it had more power so xD

What is the difference between the motherboards here, is it that the Z87 and Z97 are better in overclocking

or is it that the Asrock H87 is not compatible with the overclocking at all?

H87 can not overclock at all.

I'm that guy with the GPD Win.

honestly i just dont trust asrock, had bad experiance with them in the past and so have 2 friends. as for the gigabyte or asus go with the board that has more sata ports or other nice features.

honestly i just dont trust asrock, had bad experiance with them in the past and so have 2 friends. as for the gigabyte or asus go with the board that has more sata ports or other nice features.

They have gotten much better the last few generations honestly. 

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"

Man that build changed a lot since I last saw it haha. I would suggest something along the lines of the MSI Z97 gaming 3 or ASUS Z97 A. For a good price/features ratio. Either will be an excellent choice in my opinion.

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"

More ram. 

His+face+when+he+lets+go+and+uses+his+hi

But in all seriousness, I think 16GB is better than 8GB. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

More ram.

His+face+when+he+lets+go+and+uses+his+hi

But in all seriousness, I think 16GB is better than 8GB.

And 64GB are better than 16, but is it really necessary? He is on a not so flexible budget

And 64GB are better than 16, but is it really necessary? He is on a not so flexible budget

Not really necessary, but I like to have the flexibility. Yes, it may come that I will never need that amount of RAM, especially now, but there is always that possibility. On a budget though, 8GB is always enough.  

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Well I found one Asrock Z87(89,90€), but it's Pro3 and it's priced little bit over Gigabyte(84,90€) 

go with the MSI Z87-G41 or G45 , its around $80 to $85 on amazon

CPU: Intel i5-4670K CPU Cooler: Swiftech H240-X Motherboard: ASUS Z97 Sabertooth Mark 1 Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866MHz 16GB Storage:  Samsung 850 evo 250GB ,1TB WD BLUE, Seagate Barracuda 2TB GPU: ASUS STRIX GTX970 4GB Case: Fractal Design Define R5 PSU: Corsair AX760 Full Modular Monitor: Dell 23" S2340L IPS Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Mouse: Logitech G502(w/ Mi Metal Mousepad) Headphone: Audio Technica ATH-M50/MSR-7 Speaker: Edifier Studio 7 R2730DB

Yeah I calculated that I can squeeze for Sapphire Radeon R9 270X OC DUAL-X  2GB DDR5.

I might get a little bit more money if I would try to go with 800€ and If I downgrade my power supply to

Fractal Design Tesla R2 500W, 80 PLUS GOLD which is 10€ cheaper than the Corsair CX500W.

Should I go with Intel Processors or AMD? The question of all time. What is the best processor for the price.

The Intel Core i5-4690K is priced in my country for 191.95€ so the AMD FX-9370 X8 4,4GHz Socker AM3+ tray is 195.95 € So I might have some chances for that one.

Should I go with Intel Processors or AMD? The question of all time. What is the best processor for the price.

The Intel Core i5-4690K is priced in my country for 191.95€ so the AMD FX-9370 X8 4,4GHz Socker AM3+ tray is 195.95 € So I might have some chances for that one.

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i5-4690-vs-AMD-FX-9370

So the CPUBOSS doesn't know which one it should declare victory so should I look for the motherboards for AM3+. And after I have calculated the Intel CPU/GPU prices vs AMD CPU/GPU prices, I should maybe pick the one which is cheaper/better for the price? Or do you guys have your own opinions which one is better?

So now I changed the power supply to Fractal 500W(49,90€), which I meantioned earlier and the motherboard for the MSI Z87-G43 Intel LGA1150 ATX motherboard(93,90€)

My budget balance is total at 780,065€ (The Other parts are the same) Or should I go with

OCZ 500W ModXStream Pro Semi Modular Power Supply ATX? it costs 42,95€ I don't know if it is better build than the Fractal so...