AMD Cuts Prices On R9 290X

AMD is preparing for a bunch of new cards they're going to release during the fall according to JJ from Asus.

Link for this?? It might be excellent news.

Link for this?? It might be excellent news.

giphy.gif

R9 390X or R9 290XTX? I wonder

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

-mr burns snips-

R9 390X or R9 290XTX? I wonder

That's not the interesting part. This is just like the 7000 and 600 series all over again. AMD will release their cards that are at their full potential, Nvidia will respond with cut down cards that are slightly more powerful than what AMD releases and then a year later we get something like the Titan, still cut down, and then a 780 Ti.

That's not the interesting part. This is just like the 7000 and 600 series all over again. AMD will release their cards that are at their full potential, Nvidia will respond with cut down cards that are slightly more powerful than what AMD releases and then a year later we get something like the Titan, still cut down, and then a 780 Ti.

780 Ti is a full GK110 chip. Nvidia has nothing left to unlock and respond with.

GM204 (GTX 880) is 28nm and is smaller than GK110 so don't expect miracles, GM200 isn't coming until 16nm is ready, so same time next year.

CPU : i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz. GPU : MSI Lightning GTX 770 @ 1300mhz. 16GB 1600mhz RAM

780 Ti is a full GK110 chip. Nvidia has nothing left to unlock and respond with.

GM204 is 28nm and is smaller than GK110 so don't expect miracles, GM200 isn't coming until 16nm is ready, so same time next year.

Everything is speculation about the Maxwell cards so as far as we know Nvidia will just use the new architecture on 28 for the 800 series and spend their time getting 16 on FinFET perfect for 900.

Everything is speculation about the Maxwell cards so as far as we know Nvidia will just use the new architecture on 28 for the 800 series and spend their time getting 16 on FinFET perfect for 900.

GM204 is 28nm and is smaller than GK110 both of those pieces of information aren't speculation.

How many CUDA cores, price and so on that's speculation.

CPU : i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz. GPU : MSI Lightning GTX 770 @ 1300mhz. 16GB 1600mhz RAM