Mirror's Edge runs really awefull..

Jeroen1322
Go to solution Solved by ACatWithThumbs,

It is set to auto, what should it be on?

Set it to GPU and see if it fixes the problem if not just set it back to auto.

Hi guys!

I've had Mirror's Edge since i the big EA Humble bundle action and i decited yesterday to play it.  I've loved the game so far but holly balls... It runs fuc**ng awefull. I get FPS drops to 8FPS.. My FPS when standing still is around 30-40.. 

Battlefield 4 @ultra/Very high runs at 50 in very intense action.. 

I've put the textures to medium and AA to 2x (it was 4x be default.) but it didn't change anything. 

How can i fix this? If there is a fix.. 

Thanks!

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

its old and you have a 6100 at 3.3 with a 770

Error: 410

the game for me ran just fine with a 9800gtx and a C2D

odd

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

its old and you have a 6100 at 3.3 with a 770

Yeah i know, i need to upgrade the CPU :( But all games run fine on my system and @qwertywarrior said that it runs fine for him with a 9800GTX and C2D 

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

Yeah i know, i need to upgrade the CPU :( But all games run fine on my system and @qwertywarrior said that it runs fine for him with a 9800GTX and C2D 

I could run it on ultra with my i3 and (old) HD 6570 :D

Try to turn off PhysX

your problem is that physX is turned on. you need to turn it off in the launcher and reboot the game.

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 GPU: GTX 1070 TI RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB (4x4) Mobo: ASUS Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac) PSU: Corsair RM Series RM750 Case: Fractal Design Define R4 no window

your problem is that physX is turned on. you need to turn it off in the launcher and reboot the game.

I could run it on ultra with my i3 and (old) HD 6570 :D

Try to turn off PhysX

I tried running (badum tss) it without PhysX but it didn't do that much, still have FPS drops and when it is stable it isn't smooth

Go in the Nvidia Control Panel and then go to Configure,Surround,PhysX.
Check if the PhysX settings are set to Auto or GPU.

RTX2070OC 

Go in the Nvidia Control Panel and then go to Configure,Surround,PhysX.

Check if the PhysX settings are set to Auto or GPU.

RTX2070OC 

Thanks dude, you fixed it! :) I had to set it to GPU!

I tried running (badum tss) 

Get out.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Get out.

Never. 

Never. 

I have a change of heart since that profile pic is so awesome. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III