searching for a good laptop

Hi,

Soon I'll need a good laptop because I'm going to college to study IT.

But I don't exactly know what laptop to pick.

I'm looking for a laptop that isn't too expencive but has a good quality and it has to be able to handle my 3d design programs

right now I only have a desktop pc    http://www.alternate...0?tk=13&lk=5266

I'm sorry it's not in english but the specs should be readable

It really depends on what kind of work you'll be doing. If you're going to do work that requires heavy graphical power, you should look into a pc with a graphics card. I'm not sure what you mean by "3D design programs". Integrated graphics are also able to handle normal 3D applications with relative ease these days.

I personally recommend a ultrabook with 4000-4600 graphics, but I can not give you a recommendation without the name of the application you're frequently going to run on your laptop. 

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

It really depends on what kind of work you'll be doing. If you're going to do work that requires heavy graphical power, you should look into a pc with a graphics card. I'm not sure what you mean by "3D design programs". Integrated graphics are also able to handle normal 3D applications with relative ease these days.

I personally recommend a ultrabook with 4000-4600 graphics, but I can not give you a recommendation without the name of the application you're frequently going to run on your laptop. 

I mostly use blender but i'm also using 3ds max design

I don't think intergrated graphics can handle those applications. Recommended specifications specify a video card that supports OpenGL with about 1GB of VRAM. 

I'm not sure what your budget is but you have two options:

A gaming laptop with a dedicated GPU

A workstation grade laptop with a dedicated GPU.

I think a gaming laptop would suffice your needs since it's cheaper than a workstation-grade equipment and has enough graphical power to render 3D objects. 

You can get an idea at here:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=Property&N=100006740&IsNodeId=1&OEMMark=N&PropertyCodeValue=2923%3a18470

You HAVE TO make sure your GPU will last. Most laptops will come with a i7 CPU, but picking the right GPU will be the hard part. 

I have an AIO with a Radeon 7850M which is a laptop GPU, and it runs pretty great. However, laptop GPUs aren't made to last. They're not upgradeable, and you won't be able to max the latest titles on max at full HD in about 2 years. 

I own a Ultrabook to handle light processes when I'm outside since I don't need a dedicated GPU. I'm not familiar with gaming laptops, so I won't be able to help you as much.

The only thing you should worry about is the GPU. I found a ASUS laptop at that link priced at about $999 with a 740M and 2GB of VRAM, but the problem is that it's DDR3 not GDDR5. 

It's pretty outdated, but it's enough for your need since you're not gaming much. 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834231116

Wish you luck, and hope this helped. 

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

Hi,

Soon I'll need a good laptop because I'm going to college to study IT.

But I don't exactly know what laptop to pick.

I'm looking for a laptop that isn't too expencive but has a good quality and it has to be able to handle my 3d design programs

What is your current machine? TBH, you don't need a special GPU for those things. Just something that is generally quite fast. Depending on what you're used to (in terms of wait times lol).

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

What is your current machine? TBH, you don't need a special GPU for those things. Just something that is generally quite fast. Depending on what you're used to (in terms of wait times lol).

right now I only have a desktop pc    http://www.alternate.be/ALTERNATE/Zenit-P328-Complete-PC/html/product/1114000?tk=13&lk=5266

right now I only have a desktop pc    http://www.alternate.be/ALTERNATE/Zenit-P328-Complete-PC/html/product/1114000?tk=13&lk=5266

Ah well in that case. It may be easier if you add this to the first post so others can read it.

Well this is a fast computer, so I guess don't expect that from a laptop. How much are you willing to pay?

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

Budget and Location so we can start 

Looking for stuff

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

Ah well in that case. It may be easier if you add this to the first post so others can read it.

Well this is a fast computer, so I guess don't expect that from a laptop. How much are you willing to pay?

I'm willing to pay a max of 1300 euros

Budget and Location so we can start 

Looking for stuff

so budget = 1300 euro at max and I could get a laptop in Belgium, The Netherlands and Germany