New phone for my mum

AddonCustoms

My mum is needing to get a new phone, as her current one isn't working.

Budget is around £70 (Pay as you Go)

she only needs it for texting and phoning, emails and music player will be a bonus. It also needs to last around 5 years and be easy for an older person to use.

I was looking around and there aren't that many to choose from, the only decent phone was the Nokia Lumia 520, I have seen it prices around £79 - £155 (but I can get it for £70 possible £60), all other phones are old fashioned with no touchscreen and only cost about £20 ( they don't look like they will last long).

Is the Lumia 520 a good choice if I can get it for £60 - £70 ?

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

My mum is needing to get a new phone, as her current one isn't working.

Budget is around £70 (Pay as you Go)

she only needs it for texting and phoning, emails and music player will be a bonus. It also needs to last around 5 years and be easy for an older person to use.

I was looking around and there aren't that many to choose from, the only decent phone was the Nokia Lumia 520, I have seen it prices around £79 - £155 (but I can get it for £70 possible £60), all other phones are old fashioned with no touchscreen and only cost about £20 ( they don't look like they will last long).

Is the Lumia 520 a good choice if I can get it for £60 - £70 ?

Great choice! It's easy and simple since it has Windows Phone.

The lumias are not too bad

maybe you can find a Moto E for cheap? thats quite a decent phone too

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

The lumias are not too bad

maybe you can find a Moto E for cheap? thats quite a decent phone too

Did just have a quick look at that but it is £20 more, which would be too much as I only just managed to convince her to go over £50

ZTE Blade V? Or the Motorola Moto E. The price may be a little high on the Moto E

only thing I can find on the ZTE Blade V is on ebay and that is £130.00

Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

Did just have a quick look at that but it is £20 more, which would be too much as I only just managed to convince her to go over £50

Oh ok, then the lumia is probably the best option, besides windows phone is really nice and easy

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

only thing I can find on the ZTE Blade V is on ebay and that is £130.00

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ZTE-Blade-V-Black-UNLOCKED-/231282830549?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/151338545921?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=108&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=108&ff19=0

Used, but I'm assuming that's not too much of an issue. 

Unfortunately, my both my mum and I prefer buying new and from local shops. Sorry should have mentioned that.   Thanks for looking though.

Addon Customs -

Unfortunately, my both my mum and I prefer buying new and from local shops. Sorry should have mentioned that.   Thanks for looking though.

Well, the Nokia you mentioned isn't a bad choice. If you can find a Moto E, they're worth a look too. 

i think Lumia 520 it's great choice on that budget because 520 Not too slow and since your mom only use it for text email phone call

Lumia 520 it's great choice but if you want android you should go to Moto E

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

Thank you everyone for your replies, we did end up getting the Lumia 520, currently setting it up for her (adding Music, Family photos).

I currently have an android and a blackberry myself but after using this windows phone for a bit, I am really liking it more than my phones, especially at the price of £59.

Addon Customs -