The Inspiron decision

So I need a new laptop and looking around where I live (I'm not willing to order from American websites or sketchy Canadian stores that aren't NCIX, ME, Costco, or Dell), I decided that I've got my choices narrowed down to the 

Inspiron 14 5000 (i7-4510U, 8GB DDR3-1600, 1TB HDD, 720p touch) $799

Inspiron 14 7000 (i5-4210U, 6GB DDR3-1600, 500GB HDD, 720p touch) $849

Inspiron 14 7000 (i7-4510U, 8GB DDR3-1600, 500GB + 32GB SSD via SRT, 1080p touch) $1099

I'm really leaning towards the 14 5000 because it's got all I need at a lower price, but it's really new and there's virtually no feedback. I know they're all LP CPUs, but if I can get a slightly higher-clocked CPU at a good price then that is a plus because I'll be keeping this laptop for quite some time. If anyone has a good/bad/any experience with the 14 5000 or 7000 feel free to chime in because I'm really stuck at the moment. Gaming is not a requirement as you can tell and 14" is the only size. Thanks in advance all

Using this laptop for schoolwork, browsing, all the usual things except intensive tasks like gaming and rendering which I leave for my desktop to handle. But I am aiming to keep this laptop for 3-4 years, and given how my dad's 5-year old Sony with a T7100 ended up I'm a bit skeptical about the i5-U.

What will you be using it for?

Edited OP but here

Using this laptop for schoolwork, browsing, all the usual things except intensive tasks like gaming and rendering which I leave for my desktop to handle. But I am aiming to keep this laptop for 3-4 years, and given how my dad's 5-year old Sony with a T7100 ended up I'm a bit skeptical about the i5-U.

1 vote for the first laptop

cheapest of the bunch

unless you want speed then get the last one for the SSD cache

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Edited OP but here

Cool :)

I'd put up a poll with the thread, then people can vote.

My vote goes to the 7000 with the i7. The SSD and 1080p display make it well worth the extra money.

Hope this helps! :)

The 7000 series is totally a better computer. You will enjoy 1080p on windows 8. 720p is just not enough.

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Cool :)

I'd put up a poll with the thread, then people can vote.

My vote goes to the 7000 with the i7. The SSD and 1080p display make it well worth the extra money.

Hope this helps! :)

How to add a poll? I've never added one before.

How to add a poll? I've never added one before.

go to your first post

use full edit 

on the right click manage poll

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.