I just built my first pc, opinions welcome

Hello, I just built my first pc a little over a week ago. When i say my first pc, i mean its the first pc that i've ever put together myself, and other than a tablet, the only other desktop that I've ever owned was about $400 around 8 years ago, it was so crappy that i wont even begin to bother listing the specs.

I"m very happy with my build, as it went together and worked without any hiccups. I was so afraid of something going wrong. I know that it's not the best pc in the world by any means, but i was on a strict budget, and i think i did fairly well for the price point. I built the pc so i can play iracing, and hopefully make some youtube videos of my races, as well as watch some netflix and just do some general web surfing.

I"m afraid to try any overclocking, because I'm not expierenced with that kind of stuff, but i just want some expierenced pc people to give their opinions about my rig, all comments are welcome....

Specs

Case:  Fractal Design r4 all black windowed

Motherboard:  GIGABYTE GA-970A-D3P AM3+/AM3 AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX

CPU:  AMD FX 6300

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i

Memory:  Corsair Vengeance 8gb (2x4) 1600mhz

GPU: Sapphire Dual-X  R9 270 2gb

PSU:  Corsair (80 bronze) CX600M

HHD: WD black 1tb

dvd burner (to install OS)

Mods:

replaced the stock H100i fans with Corsair SP120mm quiet fans

Case fans:

2 front, 1 back: 140mm Corsair AF quiet 

*left out the middle section of the hard drive cage*

CPU: i7 4790k OC'd @ 4.6 ghz COOLER: Corsair H105 (SP 120mm Quiet Edition Fans) MOBO: ASRock Z97 Extreme 6 RAM: Kingston Hyper Fury 16GB (2x8) 1866mhz

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB HDD: WD Blue 1TB GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750w 80+ Gold Fully Modular CASE: Fractal Arc Midi R2

OPTICAL DRIVE: Samsung DVD Burner OS: Win 7 64bit   Please do some research of your own before asking questions. Google and Youtube are your friend.

Get Windows 8. Now.

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

H100i and an FX-Series processor. It would be beneficial for you to learn how to overclock.

Nice build.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

That's a pretty nice rig from the sounds of things :)

H100i will allow for some very nice overclocking performance if your motherboard supports it. 270 will do just fine, as I assume you'll be playing at 1080p. I know that case looks very nice.

I think you did well there, my friend. Any pictures would be appreciated :)

I own some games... not many, but they have taken my life.

CPU: AMD A10 6790k GPU: GTX 750 Ti SC (+600 / +135) RAM: 4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz PSU: Corsair CX 430W HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda & 60GB Kingston SSD Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 Etc?: Laptop HDD for downloads folder :P

If you don't overclock the AMD FX 6300 after getting an aftermarket cooler you have wasted money.  It is easy to overclock the cpu.  My son's is currently running at 4.2 GHz with no voltage changes.

Yay for the Gigabyte motherboards as they offer so many features at a great price.

As for the Corsair psus I will never choose them over Antec or SeaSonic.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Hey man, looks like a nice first rig!

Welcome to the forum!

You can ignore the guy who said get W8 now, if you've already bought 7 you'll be fine with that for the time being. :)

I would've gone with a FX 8320 and a H80i but your combination will perform nicely regardless.

who cares...

-snip-

Case:  Fractal Design r4 all black windowed

Motherboard:  GIGABYTE GA-970A-D3P AM3+/AM3 AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX

CPU:  AMD FX 6300

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i

Memory:  Corsair Vengeance 8gb (2x4) 1600mhz

GPU: Sapphire Dual-X  R9 270 2gb

PSU:  Corsair (80 bronze) CX600M

HHD: WD black 1tb

dvd burner (to install OS)

Mods:

replaced the stock H100i fans with Corsair SP120mm quiet fans

Case fans:

2 front, 1 back: 140mm Corsair AF quiet 

*left out the middle section of the hard drive cage*

Nice build, but you didn't need a DVD drive to install the OS.  Linus did a guide on how to install from USB.

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30