GPU All in one WC

Hey guys,

I am an extreme silence freak....

So I have my system equiped with a DarkRock3 Pro (4670K OC to 4.6GHz) wich is inaudible even at full load. My case fans are The new Noctua ones NF-A14 PPC and one Silent wing 2. Those are expensive but allso inaudible.
So now the only part of my system wich i can hear is the GPU its a GTX 780 DCUII (Asus).

I have heard abut systems for mounting CPU all in one Watercooling on a GPU... I think i could mount a dual rad in the top of my case and get some NF-A14/NF-F12 PPC for it. Shouldnt this be much more silent?
So I am open for every recomendation on combinations of AIO and mounting system...

Thank you

P.S.: Mhhhhh or go custom loop and later ditch the DRP3 and allso WC the CPU??? Could be expensive.....

Try this and let it set for a few days first: 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Try this and let it set for a few days first: 

Yup i am running this config....

Buuut didnt help much

Yup i am running this config....

Buuut didnt help much

That's strange. What did you use between the fan and heatsink and what speeds are you running the fans at?

I did the same thing using open cell foam and my hdd's are still louder than any of my fans despite being suspended in the same foam.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Get a NZXT Kraken G10 or Corsair HG10 and for the cooler, get something like a Corsair H90 (single 140mm slim radiator). GPUs don't output as much heat as CPUs, so something like the H90 is going to be perfect for a powerful GPU like your 780.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

If you're like me, scared of pump noise, take a look at something like the Prolimatech MK-26 Black edition. You can put on more bequiet or noctua fans. Sadly they are also mounted via a clip so vibrations will be passed aswell but you at least get to choose your fans.

who cares...

Get a NZXT Kraken G10 or Corsair HG10 and for the cooler, get something like a Corsair H90 (single 140mm slim radiator). GPUs don't output as much heat as CPUs, so something like the H90 is going to be perfect for a powerful GPU like your 780.

Alright... The 140 ill get silent with some Noctua 

But the fan attached to the unit... isn't it again loud?

Hmmm at least it will be more silent than my DCU2 when it ramps up at 50% i think

Alright... The 140 ill get silent with some Noctua 

But the fan attached to the unit... isn't it again loud?

Hmmm at least it will be more silent than my DCU2 when it ramps up at 50% i think

With Noctua fans... Dead silent.

What temperatures are you currently getting with the DCU2 cooler? Maybe you can make a custom fan curve and set it to 40% max, unless it's overheating..

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

With Noctua fans... Dead silent.

What temperatures are you currently getting with the DCU2 cooler? Maybe you can make a custom fan curve and set it to 40% max, unless it's overheating..

I am getting 75C at 55% fan load...

maybe i can get up to 80C

If you're like me, scared of pump noise, take a look at something like the Prolimatech MK-26 Black edition. You can put on more bequiet or noctua fans. Sadly they are also mounted via a clip so vibrations will be passed aswell but you at least get to choose your fans.

CPU/GPU loop with 2 360 rads using a D5 vario at it's lowest speeds.  It's pretty much inaudible, you should give it a shot  ;)

CPU/GPU loop with 2 360 rads using a D5 vario at it's lowest speeds.  It's pretty much inaudible, you should give it a shot  ;)

I know. i even have a T-Balancer but i jsut don't have the money for a loop. We're talking at least 300 EUR if it should be a proper loop and that's just not worth it for me. I'll try the air cooling route as long as possible. :D

who cares...

I know. i even have a T-Balancer but i jsut don't have the money for a loop. We're talking at least 300 EUR if it should be a proper loop and that's just not worth it for me. I'll try the air cooling route as long as possible. :D

Yeah, I did the "let's just start simple" and quickly got a little out of control...  There's a reason everyone says welcome to the addictive world of WC'ing...

Yeah, I did the "let's just start simple" and quickly got a little out of control...  There's a reason everyone says welcome to the addictive world of WC'ing...

I don't have a steady income and i won't have one for quite a while. I study chemistry, i am caught in a circle of "no money"->"no time"->"no money" and my existance depends on my parent's wallet, so i really don't have a budget for WC. But if i am still that interested in computers as soon as i have my first real income.... oh boy....! :D

who cares...

yehaaaa... would be great but i also have other hobbies xD

I don't have a steady income and i won't have one for quite a while. I study chemistry, i am caught in a circle of "no money"->"no time"->"no money" and my existance depends on my parent's wallet, so i really don't have a budget for WC. But if i am still that interested in computers as soon as i have my first real income.... oh boy....! :D

yehaaaa... would be great but i also have other hobbies xD

Yeah, on the plus side, I'm happy with what I got and it's time to go spend money elsewhere now.  Was definitely an enjoyable experience if you enjoy building.

Yeah, on the plus side, I'm happy with what I got and it's time to go spend money elsewhere now.  Was definitely an enjoyable experience if you enjoy building.

Shure and I do... but being guitarist on tour i need a good rig there also.... so I need t spend my money there. But at some day i definitely will go custom loop ;_)