What should I do with this case

So I am planning on doing a build for my girlfriend and her dad gave me this case to use. Obviously I should probably use the case as he and my girlfriend both want to see it used. Anyways my question is what would you guys do with this case? It is entirely acrylic and I was hoping you guys could give me some cool ideas for modding it or just what you would add to the case/ build. Also I will attach a picture of the power supply currently in the case. It states it is an ATX power supply so that means any modern ATX power supply should fit right? I do think I could plan out a parts list for this, but if you guys want to suggest your own along with any other suggestions my budget is around $700 CAD and I will need an O.S included in that price.

post-64866-0-97819300-1405313242_thumb.jpost-64866-0-62224400-1405313508_thumb.jpost-64866-0-01907000-1405313548_thumb.jpost-64866-0-17364900-1405313626_thumb.jpost-64866-0-42830600-1405313908_thumb.j

ah the classic see thur casing

will suggest getting more airflow into the casing

and add more lights for the bling bling factor

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

ah the classic see thur casing

will suggest getting more airflow into the casing

and add more lights for the bling bling factor

Ya i am thinking of adding some 120mm fans or something. Although I have no idea how, guess its time to research. This case also already has those 2 blue LEDs by the front.

Ya i am thinking of adding some 120mm fans or something. Although I have no idea how, guess its time to research. This case also already has those 2 blue LEDs by the front.

might need to find a way to take apart the panels

those jigsaw cutters should be able to allow you to cut more holes for fans

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Unless you do something mad like a mineral oil rig, see-thru cases are kinda on the tacky side.

Unless you do something mad like a mineral oil rig, see-thru cases are kinda on the tacky side.

I can feel the late 90's when I look at that case, But you might be able to do a "Smoked" effect by tinting the acrylic.

Have you asked your GF about aesthetics of the build? She might want a certain color also what kind of budget are we working with here?

She likes blue and around $700 CAD. Also I'm pretty sure it is from the 90's

This thing is also nowhere close to waterproof and an oil mineral rig would be far fetched. She just needs something that will last a few years through University and this case was given to me by her Dad. I do like the idea of a smoked effect on the acrylic through.

Not finding anything in particular that says yay or nay for dip dyeing a case.  If you want to color it there are some paints you can use that bond to acrylic. To frost the case you can use sand paper and rough it up or just get a spray coating that also can do the frost effect. I might suggest flipping the power supply intake to the panel side and cutting intakes holes for it in the side panel. Also you could attempt to put some dust filters on the fans so it does not look like a dust storm after a month. 

and need to tidy up the cables

the see thur case can be ruined by messy cables

Here are some guides on acrylic, it has a tenancy to crack when cut, but this case might be some other type of plastic like polycarbonate. 

http://www.overclock.net/t/360543/building-and-modding-with-acrylic-a-q-a

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48005-ultimate-case-modding-guide-submit-your-tutorials-updated-daily-show-off-your-mod/

Here are some guides on acrylic, it has a tenancy to crack when cut, but this case might be some other type of plastic like polycarbonate. 

http://www.overclock.net/t/360543/building-and-modding-with-acrylic-a-q-a

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48005-ultimate-case-modding-guide-submit-your-tutorials-updated-daily-show-off-your-mod/

Alright awesome thanks a lot for your help and suggestions. I definitely was already thinking of adding some more ventilation options, and ya dust filters are needed. Also I try to have much cleaner cables than this.