Critique My Watercooling Loop Design

I am going to but the rest of the parts for my loop soon and I want to make sure they will all work and that I'm not doing anything wrong or there is a better way.

I already have:

Things I need to get:

Here is a build similar to mine he has a picture gallery linked on his post as well

he says that he uses

• 4x Alphacool 13/10 Compression Fitting 90 Degree Black
  • 4x Barrow G1/4", 3/8" ID 1/2" OD Thin Tube Compression Fitting
  • 2x Barrow G1/4" 90° Female to Male Fitting Adapter Elbow

I don't quite understand fittings yet but wuod getting all the same type of fittings and adapters he did work for me too or is there something better I could do?

Also I want to make sure the fittings coming off the radiator are very short so they don't hit the psu

Imagine tubing that i scribbled over isnt there

the blue tubing is mine

the orange is 90 degree turns using compression fittings / adapters?

the green is straight compression fitting

and the pump/cpu block is turned 90 degrees counter clockwise making the bottom port the inlet and the top the outlet

the purple arrows indicate the flow

loop.jpg

*snip*

You seem to know what you're doing, plus it looks like you've done your research. Everything looks fine to me. I'd get all Bitspower compression fittings, they come in a bunch of sexy colors and they have the cleanest looking 90 degree fittings out there IMO.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

You seem to know what you're doing, plus it looks like you've done your research. Everything looks fine to me. I'd get all Bitspower compression fittings, they come in a bunch of sexy colors and they have the cleanest looking 90 degree fittings out there IMO.

Are 90 degree fittings screwed right into the radiators g1/4" and then the compression fitting part gets screwed onto the other end of it and the tube gets put it and the compression is tightened onto the tubing?

So the whole radiator would need 2 compression fittings and 2 90 degree fittings?

Are 90 degree fittings screwed right into the radiators g1/4" and then the compression fitting part gets screwed onto the other end of it and the tube gets put it and the compression is tightened onto the tubing?

So the whole radiator would need 2 compression fittings and 2 90 degree fittings?

Pretty much. This is a bitspower 90 degree compression fitting http://www.frozencpu.com/products/10755/ex-tub-679/Bitspower_G14_Thread_12_ID_x_34_OD_90-Degree_Rotary_Compression_Fitting_-_Matte_Black_BP-MB90R2LCPF-CC5.html#blank . It's two pieces. One side screws into the G 1/4 thread, other side you push the tubing over it, slide the compression fitting in from the back of the tubing to the 'barb' and screw it in. 

Yes, two fittings in and out on the rad, two fittings in and out on the next component.

Pretty much. This is a bitspower 90 degree compression fitting http://www.frozencpu.com/products/10755/ex-tub-679/Bitspower_G14_Thread_12_ID_x_34_OD_90-Degree_Rotary_Compression_Fitting_-_Matte_Black_BP-MB90R2LCPF-CC5.html#blank . It's two pieces. One side screws into the G 1/4 thread, other side you push the tubing over it, slide the compression fitting in from the back of the tubing to the 'barb' and screw it in. 

Yes, two fittings in and out on the rad, two fittings in and out on the next component.

Oh okay I get it. In usual compression fittings there's the big part that screws into the thread and the tubing is squeezed over which is the 90 degree part of the 90 degree fittings and they both have the same part that screws into the end forming a tight seal on the tubing. It does come with everything in the picture right?

Also the bitspower fittings do look pretty but getting all those would cost me over $100! Would getting a 90 degree fitting male to female adapter and a compression fitting be essentially the same thing as a 90 degree fitting?

Oh okay I get it. In usual compression fittings there's the big part that screws into the thread and the tubing is squeezed over which is the 90 degree part of the 90 degree fittings and they both have the same part that screws into the end forming a tight seal on the tubing. It does come with everything in the picture right?

Also the bitspower fittings do look pretty but getting all those would cost me over $100! Would getting a 90 degree fitting male to female adapter and a compression fitting be essentially the same thing as a 90 degree fitting?

Yup it comes with everything in the picture.

Yes. There are cheaper fittings that are also good of course.

Koolance: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/24164/koo-404/Koolance_12_13mm_ID_34_19mm_OD_G14_Threaded_Angled_Nozzle_-_Single_-_Black_FIT-L13X19-BK.html?tl=g30c409s1613  similar to the Bitspower ones.

Monsoon: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/17260/ex-tub-1552/Monsoon_90_Rotary_Angle_Adapter_-_12_OD_-_Chrome_MON-RO-90-12-CH.html#blank, for these you'll have to buy the compression fittings separately but this is the 90 degree adapter + compression fitting concept I think you're talking about.

Yup it comes with everything in the picture.

Yes. There are cheaper fittings that are also good of course.

Koolance: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/24164/koo-404/Koolance_12_13mm_ID_34_19mm_OD_G14_Threaded_Angled_Nozzle_-_Single_-_Black_FIT-L13X19-BK.html?tl=g30c409s1613  similar to the Bitspower ones.

Monsoon: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/17260/ex-tub-1552/Monsoon_90_Rotary_Angle_Adapter_-_12_OD_-_Chrome_MON-RO-90-12-CH.html#blank, for these you'll have to buy the compression fittings separately but this is the 90 degree adapter + compression fitting concept I think you're talking about.

The only reason I'm thinking 90 degree adapter + fitting is to try make it as short as possible if that would help because my radiator is going right up beside my psu.I only have around 15mm of space from the tip of the ports on my radiator to the power supply and that is the maximum height the side with the screw can be to fit properly. The compression part would have to be 21mm wide to fit too.

Something short like this should work.

The only reason I'm thinking 90 degree adapter + fitting is to try make it as short as possible if that would help because my radiator is going right up beside my psu.I only have around 15mm of space from the tip of the ports on my radiator to the power supply and that is the maximum height the side with the screw can be to fit properly. The compression part would have to be 21mm wide to fit too.

Something short like this should work.

Yeah, I had a look at the pics of the other build in the M1 when you posted it and it did look pretty tight at some points. This is also the greatest satisfaction with such a build, knowing that after all the planning and measuring it all fits even if there's only 1 mm room. I'm not sure that bitspower adapter would work because it's missing the extension that the complete $18 fitting has on the G 1/4 side of it, to offset the fitting enough so that the compression fits without touching the component it's attached to. 

Just make sure all your measurements are double checked. If this whole components hunt is becoming tiring, another option would be to mirror the other build (but I don't think you want to do this). 

Yeah, I had a look at the pics of the other build in the M1 when you posted it and it did look pretty tight at some points. This is also the greatest satisfaction with such a build, knowing that after all the planning and measuring it all fits even if there's only 1 mm room. I'm not sure that bitspower adapter would work because it's missing the extension that the complete $18 fitting has on the G 1/4 side of it, to offset the fitting enough so that the compression fits without touching the component it's attached to. 

Just make sure all your measurements are double checked. If this whole components hunt is becoming tiring, another option would be to mirror the other build (but I don't think you want to do this). 

Ya you might be right it needs around 5mm of overhand and then the possible width is a bit bigger because the radiator fins are recessed a bit. I'll take some pictures right now straight from the top and put the measurements in to show what's actually happening. Yes the satisfaction is real, but it won't truly arrive until all my parts do :)

top.jpg