New 6K 100 fps camera!

The new Red: Dragon sensor/camera can shoot up to 6k resolutions and offers many improved features

Frame rate options:

1-100 fps 6K

1-120 fps 5K,

4.5K 1-150 fps

4K 1-200 fps 3K

1-300 fps 2K

The camera also offers 3D filming options 

Here is the official page:

http://www.red.com/products/epic-dragon#overview

http://www.red.com/news/red-dragon-begins-now

More info:

http://nofilmschool.com/2013/02/red-dragon-first-6k-2000-iso-images-sensor-cost-price/

Video:

http://vimeo.com/63698657

This might not be news to some but I haven't seen a lot of info on it lately 

And how much does this cost? 1/e^x?

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

he doesnt have 1/e^x money though

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

This is a basic package:

http://www.red.com/store/products/epic-m-red-dragon-collection

but there's a few more packages that are available here:

http://www.red.com/store/cameras

so i was right 1/e^x. lol :)

so i was right 1/e^x. lol :)

It might as well cost that much, but it's still an interesting leap in film technology. I can't wait to see some of the material it produces.

It might as well cost that much, but it's still an interesting leap in film technology. I can't wait to see some of the material it produces.

ya it is cool but SO expensive. not worth it if you ask me, nothing even supports 6k yet (that i know of) so its a waist and when 6k comes around the tech will be better known and it will be cheaper.

ya it is cool but SO expensive. not worth it if you ask me, nothing even supports 6k yet (that i know of) so its a waist and when 6k comes around the tech will be better known and it will be cheaper.

Yeah, of course. I don't see anyone other than professional companies purchasing this XD

Yeah, of course. I don't see anyone other than professional companies purchasing this XD

and even they wont use its full potential 

and even they wont use its full potential 

The general public just doesn't seem to care. This is why the prices on 4k products are dropping so quickly. They seem to think 1080p is fine for them.

The general public just doesn't seem to care. This is why the prices on 4k products are dropping so quickly. They seem to think 1080p is fine for them.

thats because as of yet, nothing supports 4k, not the current hdmi, not cable tv, no console, ony pc games take support fot 4x but then you get into hdmi doesnt support it yet. so its just not fully integrated yet.

thats because as of yet, nothing supports 4k, not the current hdmi, not cable tv, no console, ony pc games take support fot 4x but then you get into hdmi doesnt support it yet. so its just not fully integrated yet.

I see what you're saying but the current HDMI actually supports 4k resolutions, as long as you're using a "High Speed" HDMI cable

http://www.hdmi.org/manufacturer/hdmi_1_4/4k.aspx

we need better port and cables.. going for a few yrs forward 30K or more will be a thing so we need future proof cabling :D

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS

nothing consumer supports 4k. but on the pro side we have been working in 4k  since 2006 and now all tv and moves are delved in 4k. 

when asking on which you NLE shud use to edit video I will tell you to get avid and an mac. life is easy when it just works.

I`m not sure but what can you watch 6k content on?

I use i5-3470, 8GB kingston, SSD + 2x hdd, GTX 970

There are actually a couple of reasons that you might want to shoot in 6K.

Downsampled to 4K, a 6K sensor would look sharper. A great example of this is our FS700. Even though we don't have the 4K firmware upgrade, our 1080p > other 1080p.

Cropping & panning. If you shot in 6K, you could zoom in post production and STILL end up with a full 4K image and no fidelity lost when the viewer watches the content. Gives the editing team a lot of options.

imagine the amount of memory this thing eats through

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

This Linus guy knows his stuff :)

Thnx!

I use i5-3470, 8GB kingston, SSD + 2x hdd, GTX 970

Downsampled to 4K, a 6K sensor would look sharper. A great example of this is our FS700. Even though we don't have the 4K firmware upgrade, our 1080p > other 1080p.

Cropping & panning. If you shot in 6K, you could zoom in post production and STILL end up with a full 4K image and no fidelity lost when the viewer watches the content. Gives the editing team a lot of options.

Question is are you gonna buy it? :p

Join the LinusTechTips Star Citizen Org :D ~ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

Id love to see the pricetag for this thing..

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

Too bad most of your content still looks like shit even with your ">1080p".

Oh god i want that camera!

Cpu: 5820K @4.0GHz   Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-SLI    Ram: Patriot Signature 16GB @ 2133   GPU: Gigabyte G1 980  Soundcard: ASUS DX  

Speakers: Logitech Z906 and Astro A40's   Keyboard: Logitech G510