Fractal Design Define R4

Smithy2402

Hi,

I am just wondering as the define r4 is a 'silent' case, is the airflow any good? Do you get suitable airflow to be able to cool a highly overlocked CPU + GPU?

It is a case designed with silence in mind, but the airflow isn't amazing.

It should be fine with a single GPU though, how do you intend to cool the CPU? If you use a roof mounted H100i or similar it actually can be a pretty good cooling setup.

It is a case designed with silence in mind, but the airflow isn't amazing.

It should be fine with a single GPU though, how do you intend to cool the CPU? If you use a roof mounted H100i or similar it actually can be a pretty good cooling setup.

I am planing to use a be Quiet Dark Rock 3

I am planing to use a be Quiet Dark Rock 3

Well I used a Silencio 650 case which is roughly the same design, and I use an air cooler for my CPU also, but I use a reference design (blower) gpu to blow all the heat straight out to avoid heat build up.

I think the R4 has slightly better airflow than my own case, you should be ok with a dark rock 3 and an aftermarket GPU in there.

Well I used a Silencio 650 case which is roughly the same design, and I use an air cooler for my CPU also, but I use a reference design (blower) gpu to blow all the heat straight out to avoid heat build up.

I think the R4 has slightly better airflow than my own case, you should be ok with a dark rock 3 and an aftermarket GPU in there.

Thanks for the feedback