How much time does it take for your PC to boot to desktop?

ZacDaMan72

The video must be the whole boot, not from the windows screen but from the start, preferably when you press the button.

I haven't even bothered going into msconfig and changing boot services...

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

About 30 seconds to the login screen and after I put in my password it takes 5 to go to the desktop so around 35 maybe 40.

i'm a potato

I've run a few tests before on my PC. Max: 24 Secs. Min: 9 Secs.

Dream Build: 
CPU: Intel Core i420 "Blazewell" GPU: Quad Titan GT420s RAM: 420GB Dank Dominator SSD: 9001 TB WD LeafGreen

Never timed it and won't restart just for it but a solid minute or so. But just showing me the desktop is not the end of it really, it takes about another minute before you can do anything otherwise its still basically frozen still launching shit (No I don't have much on start up but it still takes a long while before it becomes responsive enough for use)

-------

Current Rig

-------

If the motherboard splash didn't take so long, it'd be faster.

~9-14 seconds, Adata SP900.

This is with tons of tweaking, however, my mouse doesn't even load until ~5 seconds after being on my desktop  B) Yet it's completely navigable with my keyboard, Corsair K50 with macros set on it. I can have my PC booted into Skype, Steam, Chrome with all my favorite goodies up, email and teamspeak on my secondary monitor, then hop over to my secondary macro presets and boot up a game, all in ~20-25 seconds, from being powered off. Of course, the games take a tad longer as they're on my mechanical...

I really wish that we'd just make organic hardware already, that grows and adapts to the demands it needs to meet. That way, grannies' computers can be floppy sacks of organicness and the 12 year old Minecrafters will look like the guys that only do bicep curls, and the nerdy programmers will finally have justice, with their body-builder rigs that skipped leg day.

CPU: i7-4770k 4.8GHz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero | RAM: 16gigs 2133MHz | GPU: SLI Gigabyte OC 2gb 770's | Case: INWIN GRone | Storage: 1tb Blue, 60gb SSD | PSU: Silencer MK II 950w | Cooling: Modded H100i

20 Sec for the Mobo bios info shit and 10 sec for the rest into Windows 8.1 pro

Took me 22 seconds 

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

Takes about 14 seconds for me. As soon as the desktop is loaded I can open a program. I find it kind of bad that my phone and iPad take longer to boot than my PC......

40 seconds to boot to Windows and 10 extra seconds for my programs to load.

nice monitor :P haha seriously though I'm jealous of your setup. My desk is so tiny and I'm sat 20 inches from the screen the whole time... It hurts my eyes sometimes. :/

| My first build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/117400-my-very-first-build/ | Build for my friend's 18th: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/168660-pc-for-my-friends-18th-with-pictures-complete/ |

ATH-M50X Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165934-review-audio-technica-ath-m50-x/ | Nintendo 3DS XL Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/179711-nintendo-3ds-xl-review/ | Game Capture Guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186547-ultimate-guide-to-recording-your-gameplay/

Case: Corsair 200R CPU: i5 4670K @ 3.4GHz RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600MHz C9 Mobo: GIGABYTE Z87-HD3 GPU: MSI R9 290 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO PSU: EVGA 750W Storage: 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD Display: Dell U2212HM OS: Windows 8

about 15 seconds with all my startup programs loaded and everything. (excluding me typing the password)

i7 2600 | HD 6870 | 8GB Memory | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 500W PSU | Fractal Define R4

I have a lot of upgrade plans, and no money  :)

MSI fast boot makes the mb stuff take about 1 sec, the rest about 15

No ssd.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

14 seconds on my current laptop with ssd.

with my old laptop that had vista i reached a record of 29 min "i used to put it on sleep most of the time to avoide that" next day i formated that thing and i put 7 instead of vista.

45+ secs, sempron 145+solid mechanical hdd FTW!! :D

Details separate people.

nice monitor :P haha seriously though I'm jealous of your setup. My desk is so tiny and I'm sat 20 inches from the screen the whole time... It hurts my eyes sometimes. :/

Too bad my monitor isn't 1080p :(

And I like my big desk :) It's this one BTW.

between 30-40 seconds. But i don't really notice because i grab my coffee in between then. so really i can judge it in steps/distance more so than time.

Takes about 14 seconds for me. As soon as the desktop is loaded I can open a program. I find it kind of bad that my phone and iPad take longer to boot than my PC......

soooooo fast lol

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

About 30 seconds, but I have an old desktop with a pentium 4 that takes about 5 minutes to boot up.

The greatest MLG noscoper ever!

Takes about roughly 40 seconds.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RTNEsAbU7A

When I first built my rig it was about as fast as @MrTomnus, I would be at the login screen before my monitor initialized. But I changed some bios settings when I was doing troubleshooting my OC and haven't been bothered to change it back.

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3700x CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) SSD: Samsung 970 Plus 250GB NVME, WD Blue 2TB m.2, Crucial M500 240GB GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW PSU: Seasonic G-Series 550W CASE: Corsair 220T RGB

Less than 15 seconds like 12 secs running corsair force gs

System Specs~~~~~

Case-Corsair Air 540                                   CPU-i7 4770k                           Ram-Corsair Vengeance 16 Gbs    PSU-Corsair RM1000

Motherboard-Asus Maximus VI Formula    Graphics-Asus Gtx 780 Ti x2     CPU Cooler-Corsair H100i               SSDs-Corsair Force GS 128/360 Gb       

15 seconds into Ubuntu, 45-1min into Windows. The times are from the bootloader config screen to the password prompt.

Celeron M 723 @ 1.2 GHz and a WD Scorpio Blue 250GB mechanical SATA 1.5Gbps drive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaPS1az5SE8

Around 25 seconds for me. 30 for when Skype decides to start up. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"