Photoshop CS5.1 not starting

hardware_guy

Hey, i just got a new pc and before i used to have a old HP pc with windows vista on it, but now i have windows 8.1 and Photoshop CS5.1 doesn't start for some reason. It used to work perfectly fine on my old Vista machine, but now the splash screen doesn't even start. Does anyone know how to fix this or is CS5.1 not compatible with Windows 8.1?

My PC Specs:          CPU: i5 4690k(stock speed of 3.50GHz)          GPU: MSI GTX 770 4GB          Storage: WD Blue 1TB HDD and 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD             Ram: 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600MHz           Motherboard: Z97 Asus Maximus VII Ranger          PSU: Corsair RM650 650W          CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO                    Case: Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl with window         OS: Windows 10 Pro                                

This is important, are you using a pirated version or a legit copy? 

Everything's got admin privileges right? 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

This is important, are you using a pirated version or a legit copy? 

Everything's got admin privileges right? 

to be honest its pirated, got it from a friend a couple of months ago and im pretty sure it already has admin privileges. 

My PC Specs:          CPU: i5 4690k(stock speed of 3.50GHz)          GPU: MSI GTX 770 4GB          Storage: WD Blue 1TB HDD and 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD             Ram: 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600MHz           Motherboard: Z97 Asus Maximus VII Ranger          PSU: Corsair RM650 650W          CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO                    Case: Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl with window         OS: Windows 10 Pro                                

to be honest its pirated, got it from a friend a couple of months ago and im pretty sure it already has admin privileges. 

Buy a legit copy and then complain.

Buy a legit copy and then complain.

the only reason i got is because i needed to do a basic graphics project for high school, so it doesn't really make much sense for me or my parents to spend £500 on a piece of software which i wont use as much in the future. 

the only reason i got is because i needed to do a basic graphics project for high school, so it doesn't really make much sense for me or my parents to spend £500 on a piece of software which i wont use as much in the future. 

Gimp my friend. GIMP is perfect for this purpose. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Gimp my friend. GIMP is perfect for this purpose. 

too late now anyway, just finished high school