What are some really good AIO's?

So I was interested in watercooling after checking my temps and noticed my OC'd 8320 was getting a bit toasty. I'd like to get the cooling more stable by going with an AIO cooler for the CPU.

What are some of the best ones in your guys' opinions?

What do you guys think of Corsair's 280 Rad, the Hydro H110? I can get that one for about $120 locally. Scratch that, I noticed my Carbide 400R doesn't support a 280 Rad. So I'm looking for a great 240 or 12 rad.

Thanks!

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

What case do you have, what temps do you get on what current cooler?

The Corsair AIOs are pretty good for the money.

who cares...

The best ones are the H320, the H220, the X61, the Glacer 240L, the H110 and the H105. (In that order) 

The Corsair H110 and the Cooler Master Glacier 240L are my picks.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

They're mostly made by Asetek. Other than cosmetics, they're practically the same. I had the cheap H55 on my 8350 at 4.4GHz. It never went past 60*C in stress tests. Though, my VRMs were getting hot and throttling on the M5A99FX PRO. I eventually switched to Intel and donated the H55 to my little brother's x4 750K build.

So I was interested in watercooling after checking my temps and noticed my OC'd 8320 was getting a bit toasty. I'd like to get the cooling more stable by going with an AIO cooler for the CPU.

What do you guys think of Corsair's 280 Rad, the Hydro H110? I can get that one for about $120 locally.

Thanks!

Air 540, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 4770K, SLI EVGA 980Ti, 16GB Vengeance Pro 2133, HX1050, H105840 EVO 500, 850 Pro 512, WD Black 1TB, HyperX 3K 120, SMSNG u28e590d, K70 Blues, M65 RGB.          Son's PC: A10 7850k, MSI A88X gaming, MSI gaming R9 270X, Air 240, H55, 8GB Vengeance pro 2400, CX430, Asus VG278HE, K60 Reds, M65 RGB                                                                                       Daughter's PC: i5-4430, MSI z87 gaming AC, GTX970 gaming 4G, pink air 240, fury 1866 8gb, CX600, SMSNG un55HU8550, CMstorm greens, Deathadder 2013

Corsair AIOs has a very good price/performance ratio, they are not the best ones though.

Potatoes are good for your nostrils.

O15, on 10 Jul 2014 - 11:48 AM, said:

What case do you have, what temps do you get on what current cooler?

The Corsair AIOs are pretty good for the money.

I have a Carbide 400r from Corsair.

I'm pretty noobish at Watercooling.

I've been using the Cooler Master X6 Elite, and idle temps that I get from HWMonitor are like at 45c. Granted, it's pretty hot in Arizona during the Summer, but it peaks to 60c sometimes during heavy load which is not good for FX CPUs.

EDIT: Actually, I'm not sure if I can fit a 280 RAD in the case. It doesn't say so on the specsheet. Looks like I have to look for a 240 RAD

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

TymmVonD, on 10 Jul 2014 - 11:50 AM, said:TymmVonD, on 10 Jul 2014 - 11:50 AM, said:

They're mostly made by Asetek. Other than cosmetics, they're practically the same. I had the cheap H55 on my 8350 at 4.4GHz. It never went past 60*C in stress tests. Though, my VRMs were getting hot and throttling on the M5A99FX PRO. I eventually switched to Intel and donated the H55 to my little brother's x4 750K build.

Interesting. Were the hot VRM's due to the board, or just overall not good airflow in the case?

I have a Carbide 400r from Corsair.

I'm pretty noobish at Watercooling.

I've been using the Cooler Master X6 Elite, and idle temps that I get from HWMonitor are like at 45c. Granted, it's pretty hot in Arizona during the Summer, but it peaks to 60c sometimes during heavy load which is not good for FX CPUs.

EDIT: Actually, I'm not sure if I can fit a 280 RAD in the case. It doesn't say so on the specsheet. Looks like I have to look for a 240 RAD

I found that, maybe it helps. :P

But a 240 mm cooler would be the easier solution. ;)

who cares...

I found that, maybe it helps. :P

But a 240 mm cooler would be the easier solution. ;)

Would you reckon there is that much of a difference between getting the H110 and the H100i ?

Would you reckon there is that much of a difference between getting the H110 and the H100i ?

It depends... could be up to 10% But it's more difficult to find nice 140 mm static pressure fans other than noctua. :P

who cares...

It depends... could be up to 10% But it's more difficult to find nice 140 mm static pressure fans other than noctua. :P

Hmmmm.

So it looks like I probably have to compare 240 rads then. Would you say the stock fans on the rads are usually adequate?

Interesting. Were the hot VRM's due to the board, or just overall not good airflow in the case?

I think the 8350 is just too demanding on power delivery. I've seen plenty of accounts of UD3s handling this chip, but I never had any luck so I always went back to 4.2GHz.  

Air 540, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 4770K, SLI EVGA 980Ti, 16GB Vengeance Pro 2133, HX1050, H105840 EVO 500, 850 Pro 512, WD Black 1TB, HyperX 3K 120, SMSNG u28e590d, K70 Blues, M65 RGB.          Son's PC: A10 7850k, MSI A88X gaming, MSI gaming R9 270X, Air 240, H55, 8GB Vengeance pro 2400, CX430, Asus VG278HE, K60 Reds, M65 RGB                                                                                       Daughter's PC: i5-4430, MSI z87 gaming AC, GTX970 gaming 4G, pink air 240, fury 1866 8gb, CX600, SMSNG un55HU8550, CMstorm greens, Deathadder 2013

Probably pick up a h100i for a good price, heaps of fans to suit and is a decent aio.

I have no problems with mine although they have mixed reviews here ( like everything).

EDIT: The stock fans on the h100i have a high h20mm rating but can be noisy at full speeds.

CPU: I74770K @ 4.2, MOBO: ASUS Z87 EXPERT, RAM: CORSAIR VENGANCE PRO 16G @ 1886, GPU: EVGA DUAL FTW GTX 780, CASE: NZXT H440 WHITE, STORAGE: 840 EVO 120GB (OS), 1TB SAMSUNG 7200 RPM (MASS), PSU: CORSAIR RM750, DISPLAY: DUAL LG/ACER 1080p LED, COOLING: H100i, STOCK CASE FANS, ACCESS: RAZER DEATH ADDER + GOLIATH PAD, WHITE SLEEVED CABLES, UV LEDS.

What do you guys think of Corsair's 280 Rad, the Hydro H110? I can get that one for about $120 locally. Scratch that, I noticed my Carbide 400R doesn't support a 280 Rad. So I'm looking for a great 240 or 12 rad.

Thanks!

Cooler Master 240M for $55 after rebate and MasterPass coupon/payment.

Reviews:

http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/cooler-master-seidon-240m-review,1.html

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6916/cooler-master-seidon-240m-and-12-more-coolers-the-retest-and-megaroundup

I just ordered this for myself today.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

I would go with a coolermaster aio. It will give you good temps and it is easy to install.

I think the 8350 is just too demanding on power delivery. I've seen plenty of accounts of UD3s handling this chip, but I never had any luck so I always went back to 4.2GHz.  

Yeah, I can't get my OC any higher because I'm afraid of bringing in any more voltage. I maybe could get a higher clock, but I'm not sure it's a good idea. I'm a little happy at 4.3ghz

Damn that's a pretty good deal. I'm trying to pick one up locally though. Frys is selling I think the CM Seidon 240, do you know how that fares against this one? 

Gianni, on 10 Jul 2014 - 7:20 PM, said:

I would go with a coolermaster aio. It will give you good temps and it is easy to install.

I just wish the waterblock wasn't so ugly :P

Damn that's a pretty good deal. I'm trying to pick one up locally though. Frys is selling I think the CM Seidon 240, do you know how that fares against this one? 

I just wish the waterblock wasn't so ugly :P

This is the Cooler Master Seidon 240M... I can understand wanting to buy it locally, that way in the event anything goes wrong and you have to return it, you can do it easily, but you are going to be paying almost 2 times as much.  Pick up this Cooler Master 240M for $56 and enjoy.

This AIO has received some excellent reviews from a lot of credible websites:

FrostyTech

Linus' Unboxing(No Review)

JayzTwoCents Review

AnandTech Review

Guru3D Review

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Faceman, on 10 Jul 2014 - 8:29 PM, said:Faceman, on 10 Jul 2014 - 8:29 PM, said:

This is the Cooler Master Seidon 240M... I can understand wanting to buy it locally, that way in the event anything goes wrong and you have to return it, you can do it easily, but you are going to be paying almost 2 times as much.  Pick up this Cooler Master 240M for $56 and enjoy.

This AIO has received some excellent reviews from a lot of credible websites:

FrostyTech

Linus' Unboxing(No Review)

JayzTwoCents Review

AnandTech Review

Guru3D Review

OH, my bad! I just noticed haha. I should have read it more carefully.  Also, it says it costs $89.99 in the US. That's about $10 less than what it costs at Frys, which is local.

I'll be thinking about this one, thanks.

OH, my bad! I just noticed haha. I should have read it more carefully.  Also, it says it costs $89.99 in the US. That's about $10 less than what it costs at Frys, which is local.

I'll be thinking about this one, thanks.

It's $90, -10% using and paying with MasterPass(Code:MASTERPASS23) Then there is a $25 Mail-In-Rebate, after both of those discounts, it brings the total to $56 with Free Shipping.  You have to pay $80.99 up front, but you get a $25 rebate card sent back to you in 4-6 weeks.

@Phillyphries which you could then use for some nice fans. ;)

Thats good thinking, I might do that with mine if I am unhappy with the stock fans.  Stock fans performance is good, its just the noise that seems to be the main complaint from people.